Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 14:20   #1396
BHPian

datsun 1200 aka nissan sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Not the hottest of cars, yet an old car nonetheless. And you don't see too many of them around anymore!

This 1972 Datsun 1200 (Model B 110) is for sale. She belongs to the owner of the PUC (Pollution Under Control) booth where I get my vehicles checked. This person is the second owner, although the car is still registered in the name of the first (an elderly person who would regularly be seen driving her till a couple of years back), who is also the original importer, I think. Documents are absolutely valid, with a smart card and fitness done till 2010 or 11. The original owner also has some NOS spares with him that he'll sell at a price, separately, I believe.

The present owner is really not an old car buff, maybe he just got swayed by my vehicles (so should I feel guilty?), and after buying her realised it wasn't his scene. Moreover, he's also got an used Palio recently, so he has absolutely no use for the Datsun. However, he's very keen that she goes to an enthusiast, so that she's taken care of. The scrap dealers are offering him 25K he says (and I believe him, because that's what the rates are). He wants 35K, which too is rather reasonable. The car is really original (despite a top coat of paint) as the pics show, is in running condition (although the engine is weak, being quite similar to the 118NEs shouldn't be too much of a challenge to put right), the interiors are still original, the old stickers on the pillars and engine bay also are there. I don't have parking space (infact got to offload a couple of mine also soon, neighbours are giving me increasingly bad vibes!), otherwise I wouldn't have fought the temptation. I've been seeing this car for the last 15 years and would like her to survive.

The seller is a simple soul, although his haryanvi intonations could give a different first impression. So, please don't hassle him unnecessarily with 'smart' buyer's talk. I don't know whether to post his mobile number here, or give it to interested people who PM me. I have absolutely no commercial interest in the whole thing, other than to, a) save the car and b) help the seller, because he's in unfamiliar territory with such a car. Readers, please advise about divulging his cell number here. I'll do so in a following post if that's the general view.

So much for plugging it, here're the photographs:

datsun 1200 also known as nissan sunny. think its engine was used on premier padmini s1 bu / 118ne.
Old 15th June 2009, 12:54   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
If you quote a realistic price I would be interested in this CJ3B !!
please give your offers to me on 9825057272
Old 15th June 2009, 13:29   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subodh Nath View Post
please give your offers to me on 9825057272
sorry typing mistake my no. is +919825067272
Old 15th June 2009, 14:55   #1399

There's one I know of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
stanher do u know of any heralds for sale, my dad used to own one two door when in coll. would like to add one to my collection
Hey speedy,
I recently came across a guy in hyderabad who has a 64 2-door herald up for sale. had a word with him just yesterday and he is quoting a price of 65k. contact me for his number.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:55   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Guys just saw a standard herald and a 944 porsche. I think these cars are for sale both are in Bad shape and had been opened up. I just got a glance of them so would go there later on to find out if they are for sale and take pictures.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:10   #1401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys just saw a standard herald and a 944 porsche. I think these cars are for sale both are in Bad shape and had been opened up. I just got a glance of them so would go there later on to find out if they are for sale and take pictures.
Herald anytime

BTW, opened up- was this at the chor bazaar?? If too gone, could atleast try and get some parts off it.
Old 15th June 2009, 22:07   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Herald anytime

BTW, opened up- was this at the chor bazaar?? If too gone, could atleast try and get some parts off it.
No Shyam not in chor bazaar but on my way to work. It looked like an on road workshop and the fellow also deals in these cars. He had a 56 buick a few months ago.
Old 15th June 2009, 22:53   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've seen them too, they're at Mahim. They're doing a real bad paint job on the Herald. She's a four door..
Old 15th June 2009, 23:57   #1404
Senior - BHPian

that buicks gone to his workshop in Poona.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:44   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I've seen them too, they're at Mahim. They're doing a real bad paint job on the Herald. She's a four door..
Same place. The standard was in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
that buicks gone to his workshop in Poona.
He was asking a rediculous price for the buick. Same car that was rotting away in Nepeansea road.

@Pirate thank you for the offer but i have started work on the Rolls and have put most of the expenditures on hold till i complete this car.

Last edited by speedy : 16th June 2009 at 11:52.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:03   #1406
Senior - BHPian

speedy 944 must be the red LHD convertible in Mumbai? I believe she has been burnt on one rear fender near the fuel filler otherwise she was hot when imported a few year ago. Also the ragtop has some parts missing.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:09   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
speedy 944 must be the red LHD convertible in Mumbai? I believe she has been burnt on one rear fender near the fuel filler otherwise she was hot when imported a few year ago. Also the ragtop has some parts missing.
This was in the silver or grey colour. She faces her rear to the road and is parked on the footpath. It could be the same car you talk off that has been repainted but we cannot be sure till we see it up close. This place is in the lane of the choti Dargah at mahim.
Old 16th June 2009, 16:13   #1408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Quote:
Same place. The standard was in red.
Some piccies of it nevertheless,
Old 16th June 2009, 20:21   #1409
BHPian

Morris Minor 2 door low light for sale

Morris Minor in mint condition - Thiruvananthapuram - Cars Kowdiar
Old 16th June 2009, 20:44   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
2.5 Lakhs for a Lowlite saloon? Agreed its in excellent condition, but then...

The more I see these, the more I crave that the gentleman mentioned in this post would change his mind:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1284819

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks