Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 00:24   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Always wanted a Beetle, but never had the oppertunity to buy one. Circumstances never allowed it. Do post some photos when you get them. Hopefully its something you want and then finally get.
If you like I can offer the next Beetle that comes up to your dad. And you could source the necessary parts required to bring back originality to anything altered.

Cheer harit
Old 19th June 2009, 09:42   #1442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Always wanted a Beetle, but never had the oppertunity to buy one. Circumstances never allowed it. Do post some photos when you get them. Hopefully its something you want and then finally get.
Samir, my Beetle is up and about. Next time your in town gimme a buzz, I could always use an extra set of hands to push it about. Lousy wiring always interferes with the starter at busy signals
Old 19th June 2009, 20:17   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Samir, my Beetle is up and about. Next time your in town gimme a buzz, I could always use an extra set of hands to push it about. Lousy wiring always interferes with the starter at busy signals
i can vouch for that, but hey you cant expect a patient just out of the ICU to start running can you?
Old 20th June 2009, 13:36   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Hi guys,
Any idea what the asking price for a 1961 mercedes 180 Ponton should be. She's is in running condition and fairly good shape. I've always had a thing for this model and just came across one that might be for sale.
Are you talking about the Olive green one that was at the petrol pump across from RTI (next to westside)?
Old 20th June 2009, 14:03   #1445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Are you talking about the Olive green one that was at the petrol pump across from RTI (next to westside)?
What he is talking about is the 180b ponton advertised in

Find Buy/Sell Second hand cars, Pre owned cars, Buy cars, Sell cars, Find a car, Sell a car Portal, Car Magazines
Old 21st June 2009, 10:21   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

That Ponton looks amazing, is it really in India or is the picture of a similar car ?

There was a single owner Diesel Ponton in Hyd with a family who used to be the Tata dealers. Car was black with a interesting licence plate 555 or something similar. any idea if this car changed hands and is still around.

Last edited by wasif : 21st June 2009 at 10:23.
Old 21st June 2009, 11:09   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
That Ponton looks amazing, is it really in India or is the picture of a similar car ?

There was a single owner Diesel Ponton in Hyd with a family who used to be the Tata dealers. Car was black with a interesting licence plate 555 or something similar. any idea if this car changed hands and is still around.
I dont think this car is in India at all. On unblurring the pic backdrop looks like some 7/11 in the US
Old 21st June 2009, 12:03   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I dont think this car is in India at all. On unblurring the pic backdrop looks like some 7/11 in the US
7 11's dont have grass if front of them I used to work for one. Its ost definitely a picture in US or some other location outside India.

Is this one of those scams that was discussed somewhere earlier featuring a Pontiac GTO with four wheel drive??
Old 21st June 2009, 18:10   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
7 11's dont have grass if front of them I used to work for one. Its ost definitely a picture in US or some other location outside India.

Is this one of those scams that was discussed somewhere earlier featuring a Pontiac GTO with four wheel drive??
Nah I think its just a case of the car not living up to the description, or an ad being placed by one of these dealers who do so without even asking the owner if they would like to sell their car. After they get good offers they approach the owner ofcourse with commisions added and try to convince him to sell the car. I think V16 has had one of his cars put up for sale without his knowledege
Old 21st June 2009, 19:25   #1450
Senior - BHPian

The picture of the Ponton looks like it is taken abroad, but there is a similar one for sale in Delhi with the guy.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:05   #1451
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Accord saloon 1985

'not sure if this belongs here, so treading carefully!

'also tried posting an ad in the classifieds twice but didn't get through!!

There's an '85 Honda Accord saloon for sale here in hyd. for 75k.

If anyone's interested, please pm me with your email ID for more dteails.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:25   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
If you like I can offer the next Beetle that comes up to your dad. And you could source the necessary parts required to bring back originality to anything altered.

Cheer harit
Haha... you're welcome too and i would love too think that he would be interested, but somehow me wanting one and being able to use it for 3 weeks/yr wont be convincing enough. Thanks for the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
THe pleasure would be all mine. I'll home in july for a few weeks, so i'll probably see you then.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:31   #1453
BHPian

Found these over the internet!

Chennai: Vintage Car For Sale 1930

Maduria: VINTAGE CAR FOR SALE

Bangalore: 1958 Mercedes 180

Hyderabad: STANDARD HERALD FOR SALE
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:56   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Found these over the internet!

Bangalore: 1958 Mercedes 180
If anyone interested in this bangalore car, I can get more info and pictures of it. Very close to where I live.
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:23   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
If anyone interested in this bangalore car, I can get more info and pictures of it. Very close to where I live.
I remember this car comming up for sale more than 3 yrs ago, needs early bumperguards though, has the later late 59 onwards bumper guards. Can you ask what price they are expecting if its in your neighbourhood.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks