Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 07:37   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
, Duty and Penalty and a conversion if i may add

Gogi bhai i believe if it is the same person i am thinking off. he also has one more car for sale.

Seen the Kingsway at Kemps Crnr saturday evening was having trouble seemed like it had over heated or the adiator hose had gone bust did not stop had other cars trailing me :(
Old 29th September 2008, 19:52   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

This very poor 56 is up for grabs in Pune at a ridiculous price.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-01.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-02.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-03.jpg  

Old 29th September 2008, 22:01   #813
Senior - BHPian

Very poor, but has a few hard to source bits. What's the price ??
Old 30th September 2008, 00:00   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Karl, forget the car but try and convince the owner to "get rid" of those original tail-lamps and rims, it'll be to our advantage!
Old 30th September 2008, 23:14   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Karl, forget the car but try and convince the owner to "get rid" of those original tail-lamps and rims, it'll be to our advantage!
And those two toggle switches on the dash for me please - they look so out of place in such a "latest" speedo !!
Old 30th September 2008, 23:28   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karl, forget the car but try and convince the owner to "get rid" of those original tail-lamps and rims...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
And those two toggle switches on the dash for me please - they look so out of place in such a "latest" speedo !!
And after you two have left anything for scavenging, may I have the rest of the car please??

Seriously, these cars are now getting rarer and rarer to find and the day is not far when these precious beauties will be highly priced.But to pay a king's ransom for it today is out of the question.

I see this as a very poorly put together car with bits from here and there. Someone ought to tell the sellers not to look at the world through rose coloured glasses and as someone mentioned earlier, the prices of most cars have come steeply down, the ones that were also raised to heights they didnt deserve.

So wait on and im sure you will get a lot of cars on the market, mostly being sold by those who bought them for style quotient.
Old 4th October 2008, 08:17   #817
BHPian

Friends,

I am sure you are aware of this Fiat Superselect for sale in Delhi......70K

Quikr Delhi Classified Ads - Classifieds for Electronics, Furniture, Astrology, Taxi Services & Property for sale

Just have a look

regards
Old 4th October 2008, 22:40   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
A friend of mine is interested in buying 1947-1952 either,a pontiac,oldsmobile, chevrolet, Ford or a Dodge. Proper papers are a must. Car must be original. Fully well Restored cars preferred.Does any BHPian of any such cars?
If its not too late to post this, a friend called me up this morning and told me about this '48 Dodge fluid drive for sale here.

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0325.jpg

This car was originally black, and I'd taken more pics. of it then, including the interior (no engine bay pics. though) but unfortunately I seem to have lost them from my PC during formatting! So this is the only pic. of it I have after it was done up. It seemed to be all original barring 2 missing hubcaps on the left, which it has in this pic. (or maybe those were the right ones switched sides! 'didnt pay much attention to it in this rally.)
The same person also has a fully restored '64-65 beetle in black also for sale. He's expecting a total of 8 lacs (both cars combined)
If anyone's keen I'll try and get more details, even pics. through my friend.
Old 5th October 2008, 01:26   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The same person also has a fully restored '64-65 beetle in black also for sale. He's expecting a total of 8 lacs (both cars combined)
Time to remind your friend that the prices of Classics have nose dived and how
Old 5th October 2008, 09:32   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Time to remind your friend that the prices of Classics have nose dived and how
Yes I did read that its going to happen soon (someone mentioned an 'economic doom', however that takes place!) but didnt know its happened already!

Still, have they really come down that drastically, even in case of cars like these??
If so then I see quite a few openings for myself to own one of those good ol' yank tanks!

Last edited by Stanher : 5th October 2008 at 09:40.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:51   #821
Senior - BHPian

Gogi Sir and Karl Master, what should be a fair price for this '48 fluid drive?
Seems like I'd like to own one, since we had one in the family from '52 to '57 when we sold it and upgraded to a '56 Kingsway. My Grandfather did 2 all India road trips in the Fluid drive in that period!! Why we sold her off, well my Grandfather never used a car for more than 5 years! so we did not retain any old car.
Old 6th October 2008, 17:19   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Gogi Sir and Karl Master, what should be a fair price for this '48 fluid drive?
Seems like I'd like to own one, since we had one in the family from '52 to '57 when we sold it and upgraded to a '56 Kingsway. My Grandfather did 2 all India road trips in the Fluid drive in that period!! Why we sold her off, well my Grandfather never used a car for more than 5 years! so we did not retain any old car.
Well the car still looks a little shabby, and I dont approve of the paint scheme at all, so I would say the car still has expense in it, mechanicals nonwithstanding. At the same time, the way prices are shooting its difficult to turn down this car if you are looking for one. I'd think 5 odd lakhs? Purely my guess, assuming it is mechanically fit.

There was a fairly nice maroon 1947/8 car in Dadar, BMX number, though I dont recall if it was fluid drive. It was for sale for a while, and Im told finally did get sold.

You must be having old photos of the family cars? Do share them with us.
Old 8th October 2008, 10:15   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Gogi Sir and Karl Master, what should be a fair price for this '48 fluid drive?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosdeville
the car still has expense in it, mechanicals nonwithstanding. At the same time, the way prices are shooting its difficult to turn down this car if you are looking for one. I'd think 5 odd lakhs? Purely my guess, assuming it is mechanically fit.
5lakhs is a wee bit too much .3-4 lakhs is a good price in the current economic situation. recently a 1950 studebaker champion in good running condition got sold for Rs.310000/-
Prices of commodities,company shares and currency is plummeting,classics are to follow!!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th October 2008 at 10:38. Reason: Quotes fixed.
Old 8th October 2008, 10:28   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
5lakhs is a wee bit too much .3-4 lakhs is a good price in the current economic situation.
4 lacs is what the owner is said to have expected (which means he expects 4 lacs for the beetle he also has for sale!!)

Although I'm not qualified enough with pre 50s yank tanks, IMHO to be fair it should come to a lac or 2 less than this, although its upto scooby to decide what he feels is right to pay for it.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:27   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Well Im very glad to be corrected in this case. Im accustomed to hearing insane prices for so long now.

Most Viewed