Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2007, 21:50   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Karl are u going to get stuff from there for your car?
I guess thats understood!
Old 18th November 2007, 21:04   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys!!! Got some GOOD NEWS AT LAST!!!!

Jus got a call from my mech. who got a call from the scrapwala.......turns out the pennant's (ex)owner has FOUND THE PAPERS TODAY!!!!
So THE CAR IS NOT GOING TO BE SCRAPPED AFTERALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RELIEVED to hear this news!!!

Incidentally it was supposed to have been broken today but (fortunately?) there was no activity going on at that area today as turns out last night there was some murder that took place near that locality so there was police hanging around there today...and just in time the papers were found! 'guess it was all God's plan!

The owner also sounds like he was a serious enthusiast once....turns out he is asking for identity proof of the person who wants to buy the car as he wants to make sure its not going to be scrapped or so on....so of course I'm all ready to go meet him tomorrow...!
Old 18th November 2007, 23:17   #198
Senior - BHPian

Ah! Good news atlast! All the best stanher. Hope u get her!
Old 18th November 2007, 23:20   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks! Of course first thing after buying her would be to get her moving, leave alone running, ie. set the brakes/clutch & steering....
Old 19th November 2007, 10:56   #200

congratulations stanher... btw i have some amazing pictures for you which will make you drool...just let me find my card reader...
Old 19th November 2007, 15:00   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks.....sure, eager to see the pics. Cyrus! 'think I can guess what its about!

Well, went to the guy today, he says he himself will send for the papers from the owner by tomorrow so no need to go all the way there today...
Old 20th November 2007, 01:53   #202
Senior - BHPian

hey congratulations Stanher. i think lady luck was on your side and now you are going to be the proud owner of the pennent. did the scrapper agree to reduce the price for the broken glass. the owner sure sounds like an enthusiast in his hey does and prefers the car going to good hands and not broken down. Karl there go youre parts .
Old 20th November 2007, 12:19   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks.....sure, eager to see the pics. Cyrus! 'think I can guess what its about!

Well, went to the guy today, he says he himself will send for the papers from the owner by tomorrow so no need to go all the way there today...

i found a fellow who has 3 heralds...all convertibles...let dad come bak and i will post the pics...the moment i entered his compound, the first thought i had was you...lol-lol
Old 20th November 2007, 13:42   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post

i found a fellow who has 3 heralds...all convertibles...let dad come bak and i will post the pics...
Allow me to beat you to it.

The red car was a 4 door conversion I think.

Cyrus, do put up pics of the Landmaster, Amby, and other cars of interest present there.
Old 20th November 2007, 15:57   #205
BHPian

A interesting photo of Standard "Stanmobile", which I had downloaded from the internet some time back.

Did it ever go in mass production? I've never come accross any, besides this one in the photograph.

Old 20th November 2007, 16:57   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Cyrus, do put up pics of the Landmaster, Amby, and other cars of interest present there.
Cyrus, please do put up the pics of the Amby and the Landmaster, it will be helpfull for Naren and me too.
Old 20th November 2007, 17:21   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Allow me to beat you to it.

The red car was a 4 door conversion I think.

you dont have the third one...HAHA...thats my personal fav...btw the yellow one is running on an automech exhaust which spoils the whole show of the car...big damn thing jutting out from the back...

dad not home yet..will put pics then..gotta write the travlouge of the "trip of a lifetime" and the (drumroll) "LEFT HAND DRIVE"
Old 20th November 2007, 20:56   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan_kidwai View Post
A interesting photo of Standard "Stanmobile", which I had downloaded from the internet some time back.
Wow! This is most fascinating, Ive never even heard of it! Dont tell me this is an Indian prototype...Could you give us the link too?

Does'nt it bear a startling resemblance to this ultra rare VW type 3 prototype I shot at the Wolfsburg museum?

Old 20th November 2007, 22:14   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Cyrus (or should I say Karl), cool pics.!! Wow, this guy really had a lotta dare to make a convertible (very difficult to do it like the original factory ones, as can be seen here) out of those cars.....as for the red Herald, Karl I suspect it could just have a 4-door (mk3) bonnet.....twas the case even on MHP 245 before it got refitted with a 'correct' (almost) mk1 bonnet...cant comment on the yellow one's exhaust but IMHO in these pics. it looks better than the red one (mainly with those wheels on the latter!)

Farhan, really interesting to see the 'stanmobile'......its amazing, I never even read bout such a thing on the standard motor club website!
Do you recall the site you found this pic. from??

Last edited by Stanher : 20th November 2007 at 22:24.
Old 20th November 2007, 23:25   #210
Senior - BHPian

Karl, lemme guess. Kurian's cars?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks