Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:56   #931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
This is the four door herald lying in Mahim, which I'd mentioned about some time back. She has an engine, but no trim, no meters, no seats, no lights, and no glasses - Unless they've all been removed and kept aside. The garage was shut for Eid, I intend to inquire a bit on her..
Wow, still looks quite "virgin" bodily atleast, for the Bombay climate!

'looks like a freshly done up project abandoned at the last stage! Temporarily I hope!

What's that opening on the rear side wing I wonder? An LPG connection?

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd September 2009 at 19:58.
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:05   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, still looks quite "virgin" bodily atleast, for the Bombay climate!

'looks like a freshly done up project abandoned at the last stage! Temporarily I hope!

What's that opening on the rear side wing I wonder? An LPG connection?
I sincerely hope not, yaar - will check soon..
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:50   #933
Distinguished - BHPian

Sure. Note if you will btw, that it's been fitted with Gazel rims. Many people cant tell the difference!
Old 29th September 2009, 01:26   #934
Distinguished - BHPian

'just found this rather uh- interesting webpage on the Standard Gazel in an italian site that seems to be centered around poking fun at what were seen as really unappealing cars from around the world. No need to mention where they got all those pics. from!

STANDARD GAZEL | AUTO di MERDA .it

You can understand better what is said here (including the word "Merda"), by google language tools translation, unless you know Italian.

The captions on the slides are unsettling to say the least!

Other 'Indian' cars like the 800 (thankfully not the SS80!), Indica and Nano also are put up in other pages here.

Last edited by Stanher : 29th September 2009 at 01:30.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:19   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
This is the four door herald lying in Mahim, which I'd mentioned about some time back. She has an engine, but no trim, no meters, no seats, no lights, and no glasses - Unless they've all been removed and kept aside. The garage was shut for Eid, I intend to inquire a bit on her..
I have been seeing this Standard since the last 5/6 weeks or so. Last Sunday I passed by with a Camers, and she was gone from that place! Hopefully to be fitted up, not to be scrapped.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:49   #936
BHPian

Quote:
'just found this rather uh- interesting webpage on the Standard Gazel in an italian site that seems to be centered around poking fun at what were seen as really unappealing cars from around the world. No need to mention where they got all those pics. from!
This is extremely cheap and irresponsible behaviour.
Old 29th September 2009, 19:22   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
On whose part? The web site or the guy who provided photos

Cheers harit
Old 29th September 2009, 19:25   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All the cars that I love seem to be on the list like the AMC pacer, Fiat Multipla etc etc All the oddities of the world. I found the whole site very amusing. Must give it to them they have some done some good research with the pics.
Old 29th September 2009, 20:37   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

Cheers harit
The website obviously...who gave them permission to use these pics? Shyam's innocent
A lot of these pics have been "borrowed" from the web, and I'm sure from TBHP as well. Yes, the pics are not copyrighted, but this is a cause for concern. Yes, some of the captions are quite unsettling. A family posing with their Gazel is captioned as "Addams family"...this is not done, IMHO!

Last edited by Sidman : 29th September 2009 at 20:57.
Old 29th September 2009, 21:29   #940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Who, according to you, *provided* them the photos?? Who gets to anyway nowadays, what with stuff on the www being so freely accessible?!

As a saying here goes "Phukat (free) mei mil gaya so apna-ich hai!"

Quote:
The website obviously...who gave them permission to use these pics? Shyam's innocent
A lot of these pics have been "borrowed" from the web, and I'm sure from TBHP as well. Yes, the pics are not copyrighted, but this is a cause for concern. Yes, some of the captions are quite unsettling.
Indeed. Even if it were a satirical site, out of decency, they should've refrained from putting up pics. of cars with the families in them (that pic. below the slideshow is of my sis posing with our Dad's gazel when it was bought in 1981 btw) and posting dumb, lewd captions even for those to boot!
But what could be done now? Would imploring them to take atleast those images off help I wonder?
Old 29th September 2009, 21:59   #941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Who, according to you, *provided* them the photos?? Who gets to anyway nowadays, what with stuff on the www being so freely accessible?!

As a saying here goes "Phukat (free) mei mil gaya so apna-ich hai!"

Indeed. Even if it were a satirical site, out of decency, they should've refrained from putting up pics. of cars with the families in them (that pic. below the slideshow is of my sis posing with our Dad's gazel when it was bought in 1981 btw) and posting dumb, lewd captions even for those to boot!
But what could be done now? Would imploring them to take atleast those images off help I wonder?
Stanher! Feel disturbed by observing what posting of pictures can lead to on the web? I am sure the teambhp Mods based preferably in the U.S. can give an advocate's notice to the website and shake the hell out of them.
The cause of action as per the extant laws are applicable to all places where the website is accessible in the world. And U.S. laws on copyright infringement are very stringent. So teambhp can even demand damages to the extent of a few hundred thousand dollars as feasible through such a notice. The notice can outline a deadline by when the pictures be vanquished by the Italian website, failing which a suit for damages would be filed in a competent U.S. court of law.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:29   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'just found this rather uh- interesting webpage on the Standard Gazel in an italian site that seems to be centered around poking fun at what were seen as really unappealing cars from around the world.
This is reprehensible. Isn't there anything one an do about stuff like this ?

Quote:
I have been seeing this Standard since the last 5/6 weeks or so. Last Sunday I passed by with a Camers, and she was gone from that place! Hopefully to be fitted up, not to be scrapped.
Hi Harit ! the car has been moving from place to place. Last sighted a week back at the foot of Matunga Flyover (the dharavi end, adjacent to the railway workshop gate).
Old 3rd October 2009, 18:35   #943
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been seeing this Mk 3 Herald for years, decided to get a photo today before it disappears. Hasn't moved in years, I met the owner once. Spoke very fondly of the car, he probably bought it new.

Standard cars in India-121212.jpg
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:44   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I've been seeing this Mk 3 Herald for years, decided to get a photo today before it disappears. Hasn't moved in years, I met the owner once. Spoke very fondly of the car, he probably bought it new.
Very interesting! I don't recall you telling me about this car either! What surprised me is that it looks ditto to Vrushant's mk3! Similar regn. too!

Car looks bodily decent, rare to find a mk3 that is so tidy! But doesnt seem to be running.

No more pics. of it?

Last edited by Stanher : 3rd October 2009 at 22:46.
Old 4th October 2009, 05:34   #945
BHPian

I never knew Chennai was called "சென்னைchileggeèscemoன்னை" in Tamil. At least, that's what the site claims.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks