Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 22:44   #1096
Distinguished - BHPian

Stanher its here-more pictures will follow once the car gets to see a more open space.Right now its sandwiched between walls on two sides and other cars parked around.I could not view its frontal portion.And I dirtied my trousers trying to find space to click its pictures!
Standard cars in India-dsc05118.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05119.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05120.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05121.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05122.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05123.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05124.jpg
Standard cars in India-dsc05125.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 16th April 2010 at 22:46.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:36   #1097
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Stanher its here-more pictures will follow once the car gets to see a more open space.Right now its sandwiched between walls on two sides and other cars parked around.I could not view its frontal portion.And I dirtied my trousers trying to find space to click its pictures!
Thanks! And sorry for the delay- net connec. went down as usual (plus having trouble with installation of the new connec.!)

Anyways, this car, going bythe 'closed' bonnet vents under the front windscreen, looks like a later model mk2, so it would've had the "broader" C-pillar roof like this:

Standard cars in India-mk2sec.jpg

Which means, in response to your query reg. the meters, the speedo and the 3 warning lights (or "3 idiot lights"! ) cluster are original to this car, only the fuel guage is not, taken from an earlier herald.

Anyways, yet another "mutilated" Herald!! Especially that grosse "roll-cage" at the back- looks like a failed dune-buggy mutation! It looks like a very original car otherwise, should've been left as it was!
Old 19th April 2010, 20:51   #1098
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Shyam for the information.Must learn more about Standards now from you.Meanwhile this is perhaps a 1965 model from Nagpur.the car appeared in the 20 Km vintage and classic run we had yesterday. It completed the whole distance flawlessly.
Standard cars in India-dsc05168.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05169.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05170.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05171.jpg

Standard cars in India-dsc05172.jpg
Its original colour was white for the whole body.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2010, 21:39   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile this is perhaps a 1965 model from Nagpur.the car appeared in the 20 Km vintage and classic run we had yesterday. It completed the whole distance flawlessly.

Its original colour was white for the whole body.
Thanks again anjan! Good to see Nagpur having some 'standards' afterall!

This car seems to be a '63 model, going by the badge on the top centre of the bootlid. 'looks relatively complete compared to the previous one (the black mk2), the dash etc. still being untouched(!) but poor thing sadly looks badly in need of some TLC! Let me have it and it will surely get that!!
Old 19th April 2010, 22:16   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks again anjan! Good to see Nagpur having some 'standards' afterall!

This car seems to be a '63 model, going by the badge on the top centre of the bootlid. 'looks relatively complete compared to the previous one (the black mk2), the dash etc. still being untouched(!) but poor thing sadly looks badly in need of some TLC! Let me have it and it will surely get that!!
Thanks Shyam.There are very few Heralds left here. The black one has been brought from Bhilai and has been awfully modded.
The 1963 one as you put is is an old Nagpur car in need of TLC.Must have changed many hands by now.
Old 19th April 2010, 22:24   #1101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 1963 one as you put is is an old Nagpur car in need of TLC.Must have changed many hands by now.
As I assured, TLC it will get when it changes hands just once more, the hands being mine next!
Old 19th April 2010, 22:28   #1102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As I assured, TLC it will get when it changes hands just once more, the hands being mine next!
Shyam sure I can put in a word to the present owner to think of you just in case he wants to sell it anytime.I think he has had it for long now.
Old 20th April 2010, 19:19   #1103

Hi Everyone,
Newbie Stanpart here.

This forum is fantastic and I enjoy reading it

I'm trying to write a feature article on the Standard 2000 for a UK Magazine. The photos I have and those on here are too small for my Editor to accept so I badly need some good digital photographs of the car from somewhere. i understand that the car is rare these days so we need to capture one before they are all gone forever ( maybe someone will restore one?)

As this forum is populated with Standard fanatics like me I hope that someone will be able to capture a Standard 2000 and send the shots to me at webmaster@standardmotorclub.org.uk.

Of course I will give full credit to anyone that can help and I thank you all in advance.
Phil
Old 20th April 2010, 21:01   #1104
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard, Phil! Good to have someone prominent from the SMC join us here!

I've been trying to capture good 2000s here myself! Sadly hardly any to be seen. The ones that are are not too original with respect to the badging etc.
I've nevertheless out in word with friends even in Madras.
Old 23rd April 2010, 02:41   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome aboard, Phil! Good to have someone prominent from the SMC join us here!

I've been trying to capture good 2000s here myself! Sadly hardly any to be seen. The ones that are are not too original with respect to the badging etc.
I've nevertheless out in word with friends even in Madras.
Shyam
You dont need to go hunting for a Standard 2000 that far, I have one and if you feel like seeing the car gimme a Call.
Muzzammil Khan
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:44   #1106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaan_urs View Post
Shyam
You dont need to go hunting for a Standard 2000 that far, I have one and if you feel like seeing the car gimme a Call.
Thanks a lot Muzzamil! BTW, is it a white 2000? I remember seeing 2 such cars in fact, in a lane next to the Petrol bunk at Nalgonda X-roads, Malakpet. I am familiar with that lane as another friend having a black Herald lives there. I had seen those 2000s last year when I went there to meet him one day, as I was working in an institute very close by then. I left the job there last November so havent been to that area since. So is one of those cars yours? Both cars I remember, looked like they were going to be restored.
Old 30th April 2010, 13:05   #1107
BHPian

i know of two standard 2000's myself. pretty close to my place. one isnt in a great condition. the other is 100% original even the paint but neither are in immaculate condition(read faded paint etc). if thats ok with you i can try and ask the owners if i can take pics of these cars.
Old 1st May 2010, 19:45   #1108
BHPian

Hearald spotted

On the way to Shirdi from Pune, in Ahmednagar, on the left side, at a workshop, I saw a red herald. It is a converted convertible, not the original one.This place is before the Maruti showroom as you go from Pune-Shirdi. Such cars in such places are usually sold
Old 1st May 2010, 23:20   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
On the way to Shirdi from Pune, in Ahmednagar, on the left side, at a workshop, I saw a red herald. It is a converted convertible, not the original one.This place is before the Maruti showroom as you go from Pune-Shirdi. Such cars in such places are usually sold
I visit every week, and saw that Herald once around 3-4 months back. Looked to be in a sorry state. A little further down the road is a petrol pump where you can usually spot a classic or two. Currently a late 40s Vauxhall is visiting.
Old 1st May 2010, 23:56   #1110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
On the way to Shirdi from Pune, in Ahmednagar, on the left side, at a workshop, I saw a red herald. It is a converted convertible, not the original one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I visit every week, and saw that Herald once around 3-4 months back. Looked to be in a sorry state.
And no pics. as yet, gentlemen??

Most Viewed