Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2007, 15:32   #1
BHPian

Unidentified Beauty (EDIT: Its in Bahrain though and not India)!!

DO forgive my ignorance on not knowing what car this is the Logo on the hood Looked like a "t" . I am so damn impressed with this that I wanted to have the picture on Team-Bhp and learn more about it. Incidentally this picture was not clicked in India but in Bahrain where I live and I understand that this forum for imports in India. MODS: If you deem fit to move it to another location please do !

Best Regards,

Srinivas
Old 7th October 2007, 17:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thought for a second that it was the Auburn Boattail Speedster, but how wrong I was. I know the car, I know the shape, I know the name, but it's not coming to me. Never been great with the classics!
Old 7th October 2007, 17:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srini76 View Post
DO forgive my ignorance on not knowing what car this is the Logo on the hood Looked like a "t" . I am so damn impressed with this that I wanted to have the picture on Team-Bhp and learn more about it. Incidentally this picture was not clicked in India but in Bahrain where I live and I understand that this forum for imports in India. MODS: If you deem fit to move it to another location please do !

Best Regards,

Srinivas
Srini, the car is a very Rare Excalibur Roadster Convertible. Very few were built and is not a Kit Car but is based on the 1936 Mercedes 540K and is a Luxury car, the only hand crafted car made in the USA. Excalibur's complete exhaust system, grill shell and all metal trim are made from stainless steel. It is powered by a Chevy V-8 engine which also did its duty in the Corvette. It is completely a custom car and no two cars are built alike. Might I add that it is a very expensive car.

You are right about the T emblem Its actually is a Sword in a circle which represents "The" Excalibur sword.
Old 7th October 2007, 17:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a few million bucks on wheels!!! WOW!
Old 7th October 2007, 17:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Srini, the car is a very Rare Excalibur Roadster Convertible. Very few were built and is not a Kit Car but is based on the 1936 Mercedes 540K and is a Luxury car, the only hand crafted car made in the USA. Excalibur's complete exhaust system, grill shell and all metal trim are made from stainless steel. It is powered by a Chevy V-8 engine which also did its duty in the Corvette. It is completely a custom car and no two cars are built alike. Might I add that it is a very expensive car.

You are right about the T emblem Its actually is a Sword in a circle which represents "The" Excalibur sword.
Ah, the 540K, that's what I was thinking. Ended up googling the 600K instead, and it was visually different. More info to add to the kitty, thanks dude!
Old 7th October 2007, 17:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

yes this is the Excalibur roadster like pointed out by gogi bhai. i had seen this car in vegas and also in pictures of Jay Leno's collection.
Old 7th October 2007, 18:03   #7
BHPian

wow it has so much Class everywhere you look at it...
Old 7th October 2007, 18:04   #8
BHPian

WOW , I guess I was fortunate to have found this beauty !! will try and see if i can get a few more pics as and when see her again !! Impressive !!! Damn impressive !!! well dont know what more to say !!

Thanks a ton "V-16" for the info and "Steeroid" yeah a cool few million bucks on wheels I presume !!
Old 7th October 2007, 21:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

good pic thr.. tht mitsubishi galant behind it is also a great vehicle. drove it some yrs. back. tht was the best design ever done my mitsu.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:51   #10
BHPian

The Car looks in great shape but I wonder if it runs as well. :P
Old 7th October 2007, 22:53   #11
BHPian

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
good pic thr.. tht mitsubishi galant behind it is also a great vehicle. drove it some yrs. back. tht was the best design ever done my mitsu.
I can almost say that the Excalibur is standing in some bad company.

I think I also see a Honda Civic.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 2nd January 2008 at 20:04. Reason: Excess of smilies - read the rules - only 2 per post allowed
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:55   #12

Hey i have seen this car as well on my way to school, back when i used to live in Bahrain! its a real stunning car in real life, always wanted to know what is was.
Old 2nd January 2008, 21:27   #13
BHPian

Heyyyyyyyyy !!!!

I was in Bahrain (in school too) back in the late 80's when I saw it. Was in a showroom foe exotic cars. Made a fool of myself when I went in and asked how much ? And told the sales guy that I was gonna try and convince my dad to buy it ! He had a sly grin on his face and told me it was 100,000 Bahraini Dinars And this was in the 80's, do the math and we can just guess what the car could be worth now.

Boy was I egged faced !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks