Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 11:59   #76
Senior - BHPian

Missed the thread a month back i suppose but Great Pics Santhosh and surely you did a great job in catching these classics, a truly class act

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 28th January 2008 at 12:01.
Old 28th January 2008, 18:50   #77
BHPian

Nice pictures Santosh...incidentally doc (Jeep) picked up the Java and had a chance to ride it this weekend !!!
Old 28th January 2008, 21:36   #78
BHPian

karl. I have 24 hr access to Dr. Ravi Prakash's collection.Anytime you are in bangalore, i can take you around. Apart from the cars he has an amazing collection of steering wheels, wheel caps,club badges and old enamel signages which are very nicely fixed on his garage walls.He also has container loads of brand new car tyres of all sizes ( white walls & plain ), which he imports for his cars and sells the others for friends.
Old 29th January 2008, 08:56   #79
BHPian

@Dominator: I would like to see Dr.Ravi Prakash's collection. Take me pleeeeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren4140 View Post
Nice pictures Santosh...incidentally doc (Jeep) picked up the Java and had a chance to ride it this weekend !!!
Docs on a spree. Isn't he?

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 29th January 2008 at 08:58.
Old 29th January 2008, 11:14   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
karl. I have 24 hr access to Dr. Ravi Prakash's collection.Anytime you are in bangalore, i can take you around. Apart from the cars he has an amazing collection of steering wheels, wheel caps,club badges and old enamel signages which are very nicely fixed on his garage walls.He also has container loads of brand new car tyres of all sizes ( white walls & plain ), which he imports for his cars and sells the others for friends.
How about me ? Its you lucky soul i should say for the access and this man is a connoisseur of cars and its accessories. Have heard a lot about him.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:05   #81
BHPian

anytime mavrick..need to fix up a time
Old 29th January 2008, 12:08   #82
BHPian

i suggest all bangalore BHPians fix up a sunday or national holiday, we can all go there.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:08   #83
BHPian

Dear Dominator,
Can you please post the pictures of Dr. Ravi Prakash's collection of cars
as you mentioned.
Wish to see these wonderful cars.

Also I read once in news, that Mr. Aswanth has very old baby Austin and Ford T model, do you know about it.

Thanks
Old 29th January 2008, 16:48   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

How I wish I ciould see the pics. of the remaining Dharampur Heralds! These are owned by the Khoday family in B'lore and strictly NO photography allowed in their premises as I'm told!
Old 30th January 2008, 13:27   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
How I wish I ciould see the pics. of the remaining Dharampur Heralds! These are owned by the Khoday family in B'lore and strictly NO photography allowed in their premises as I'm told!
My friend has a contact who takes care of the Khoday's cars. He has promised to take me there. If permitted, I shall take pics and post them here with their permission.

Also, I had never heard about the Dharampur Heralds and today itself I read about the Dharampur Heralds in two different threads. Is Dharampur the name of a kingdom in yester years? Anything special about them apart from the low mileage clocked by these beauties?
Old 30th January 2008, 18:39   #86
BHPian

vintagepoint : i have been fortunate enough to drive his cars and never bothered to take pictures. probably next time.Mr. Ashwath still has the austin, he sold the T model to Dr.Ravi Prakash.

There are 2/3 Dharampur Heralds in the Khodays collection.It is parked in their Uttarhalli garage. They have 5 garages in different parts of the city.
Old 30th January 2008, 22:46   #87
BHPian

Quote:
vintagepoint : i have been fortunate enough to drive his cars and never bothered to take pictures.
You are one lucky man

Quote:
They have 5 garages in different parts of the city.
I was talking about the one on Brunton Road (behind Passport Office).
Old 31st January 2008, 08:52   #88
BHPian

The Heralds are not parked at Brunton road.Brunton road & J.P.Nagar are workshops with some cars parked.Their big garages are in Uttarhalli,St.Johns road (besides Solar automobiles ), off cunnighma road in one of the bylanes.the collection is mostly american cars, very few british.they also have a mix of continental and recent classics.nothing of note in particular, except for a cadillac an odd packard, 8/9 beetles.most of them are restored or in the condition they were bought.most important, they are nicely housed in spacious garages. regarding your friends contact who takes care of Khodays car, his name is K.S.Ramaswamy ( popularly known as Papu).
Old 31st January 2008, 09:29   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are 2/3 Dharampur Heralds in the Khodays collection.It is parked in their Uttarhalli garage. They have 5 garages in different parts of the city.
2/3 only?? What happened to the rest? I understand one ended up with an Afzul Shareef(?) in B'lore, a red one.....Anirudh told me about another one that was also grey (like Dharampur 6) that was recently sold for a whopping 2 lakh!
Old 31st January 2008, 10:35   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Also, I had never heard about the Dharampur Heralds and today itself I read about the Dharampur Heralds in two different threads. Is Dharampur the name of a kingdom in yester years? Anything special about them apart from the low mileage clocked by these beauties?
Guys, someone tell me more about Dharampur Heralds? What is a Dharampur 6?

Most Viewed