Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 21:07   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I think you have missed out Satish Appasani.
OHHH......Yes yes thats right!! And that inspite of havinh met him there too!

Satish!
Old 29th January 2008, 05:12   #47
BHPian

More Bike pics of Bikes

nosfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2008, 11:46   #48
BHPian

Thanks Shyam, nosfreak and others for the pics. Hyderabad being an old city\state has some really nice classics. What we see at the shows is the just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
also present was a late '60s Red Vespa 150...
Can we have pictures of this please? I have never seen a restored Italian vespa in India. This will inspire me to restore one myself. There are a few for sale at a garage near my house. Asking rate is 3 to 4k (negotiable).
Old 29th January 2008, 13:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
Interesting, very interesting! This car has been painted & restored in Delhi! Stanher can you confirm this?? I can probably confirm who the owner is for you & the car's history too!
Old 29th January 2008, 14:57   #50
BHPian

Nice pics Stanher....I can identify some bikes from the lot.. Javed's MilitaryTriumph,Raghu's Plunger BSA Golden Flash,Col.Shashidhars Indian Chief,nArsan Gouds Guzzi,Arun Pappali's Ariel SQ4,Triumph Trophy previously owned by Neville Nullaseth from Mumbai and now with Ajay Reddy,Victor's Zundapp.From the look of it, it was a very poor turn out. As it is, there are no great cars there in Hyderabad.Rashid Qayyum's brilliant collection has never been seen by anyone, Kermin Pestonjee rarely participates in rallies & Inder Krishnam participates in events which suit him.These are the only 3 collectors in Hyderabad.
Old 29th January 2008, 16:19   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Thanks Shyam, nosfreak and others for the pics. Hyderabad being an old city\state has some really nice classics.
No doubt it does.....but as dominator said, the ones who have the "best" classics seldom turn up at events like ours!

Quote:
Can we have pictures of this please? I have never seen a restored Italian vespa in India. This will inspire me to restore one myself. There are a few for sale at a garage near my house. Asking rate is 3 to 4k (negotiable).
If any of them is an early 60s Vespa (with a "Chetak" shape meter & small warning light on top) then GO FOR it!!
This indeed is a very reasonable price...dont waste this oppurtunity!

One bike collector I know here bought a late 60s Vespa (which isnt as rare) for 6-7k- without papers that too!
Sorry no pics. of the Red vespa at the event though!
Old 29th January 2008, 16:29   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Uh, Sorry Ishaan.....Ive no clue as to where the merc. got painted and done up....first time I saw this car at these rallies! I wouldve expected you to be able to shed some light on this car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
From the look of it, it was a very poor turn out. As it is, there are no great cars there in Hyderabad.Rashid Qayyum's brilliant collection has never been seen by anyone, Kermin Pestonjee rarely participates in rallies & Inder Krishnam participates in events which suit him.These are the only 3 collectors in Hyderabad.
And lets not forget Arvind Reddy (who isnt as big a collector as these "big 3" but has an equally significant car nevertheless- the unforgettable (IMHO atleast!) "Dharampur 6" Herald!! I literally begged our friend 'A' to have them come down to the rally but he said they usually dont attend these kind of shows.....but if the Feb. 3rd show finalises he may come as it'd be held at Sec'bad club.

I didnt know that was Col.Shasidhar riding the Indian!

I did get to take a peep (from a distance) at Qayyum's collection once though......was taken to his place by his mechanic from Chaderghat....true he doesnt publicize his collection but all the same I'm told most of his vehicles arent in running condition either!

Poor turnout it may have been but I (& my mech. who accompanied me for the first time) felt kinda sad at the fact that not a single standard car (Herald nor 10/Super 10) has made it so far.....the next rally on 15th Aug. I'm going to make it the first time come what may!
Old 29th January 2008, 19:32   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I can identify some bikes from the lot.Triumph Trophy previously owned by Neville Nullaseth from Mumbai and now with Ajay Reddy
I thought that bike looked familiar.

A friend sold his Indian Chief to Hyderabad a few months back from Pune. It looks astonishingly like the one pictured. Is it a recent addition?
Old 29th January 2008, 19:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Uh, Sorry Ishaan.....Ive no clue as to where the merc. got painted and done up....first time I saw this car at these rallies! I wouldve expected you to be able to shed some light on this car!
Well I'm pretty confident that car was done up in Delhi & by who. Will confirm the details with him tomorrow & let you know.
Old 29th January 2008, 22:34   #55
BHPian

karl.....you are right !!! the indian chief is ex pune...belonged to louie.but he still has the other indian with him in pune.
Old 29th January 2008, 22:38   #56
BHPian

stanher....there were 6 heralds from the dharampur collection which got sold in bangalore about 6/7 years ago.2 of these came to hyderabad.a few of them had only 800/900 miles on the clock.
Old 29th January 2008, 22:42   #57
BHPian

stanher, make it a point to be present on 3rd feb for the secunderabad club rally. get in touch with anirudh, he will help you out.it is strictly by invitation and all the good cars will be there.i have been invited along with manvendra singh, might just make it.
Old 29th January 2008, 23:50   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
stanher....there were 6 heralds from the dharampur collection which got sold in bangalore about 6/7 years ago.2 of these came to hyderabad.a few of them had only 800/900 miles on the clock.
6/7 years ago? As far as I knew, the grey one (Dharampur 6) came to hyd. in Sept. '98.....I still remember the day when I first went down to see her at Shezore Mirza's in Hubsiguda after reading a paper advert....incidentally, that was the first- yes the Very First Herald I ever sat in! Last saw Shezore driving her away towards Sec'bad....until I got to see her again in 2005 at the present owner's thanks to Anirudh.
And yes, I'll call him up about the Sec'bad show. I hope Ms. Dharampur 6 would also be present!

I wouldnt be able to make it in any of my cars though, as my select would be sold off by then...other cars need restoration...

Last edited by Stanher : 29th January 2008 at 23:54.
Old 29th January 2008, 23:52   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well I'm pretty confident that car was done up in Delhi & by who. Will confirm the details with him tomorrow & let you know.
Yes that why I said you'd be able to shed more light on it.
Old 30th January 2008, 00:03   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
karl.....you are right !!! the indian chief is ex pune...belonged to louie.but he still has the other indian with him in pune.
The name is Huwey, and hes been looking after my Triumph for years, even before I bought it.

Domi, use the multi quote feature rather than typing out 3 different posts in succession.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks