Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 15:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
Some pics i took:

which wo cars are parked besides the mercedes?
Old 25th February 2008, 16:47   #32
BHPian

Thanks Gordon and RandomUserName for the awesome pics.

Nice bikes there and also the Ghia. I am drooling over the Chevy 'MRH 153' and the Zundapp.

Whats that thingy on the white Beetle's luggage carrier? Don't remember seeing that in the Bombay Beetle Club Meet pics.

@RandomUserName: Do you have more pics of the VW Baywindow and the metallic green beetle (I am guessing it is a superbeetle) next to the beetle in the second picture.
Old 25th February 2008, 17:23   #33
BANNED

Any body giving away a Karmann Ghia!

Pls pm me.
Old 25th February 2008, 17:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

@ AMATMO :The car next to the Mercedes is a Buick Skylark

The rally was good fun and a nice way to spend a Sunday. Met up with V 16 at Dadar and drove to the venue in his 1961 Fiat Special which we participated with. Met up with some Bhpians there V12, Gordon, Eddie, Jayabusa and Scooby05. Themole was also present with his prestine Ponton and Rover. Karl joined me and V16 in the Fiat for the rally. I played navigator while Karl took the back seat. The route was from Kalaghoda to Juhu and back.

There were some nice cars taking part this time but the Chevy Bel Air was one of my favourites there. Also present were some current day cars like the Phantom, a Flying Spur and a Lamborghini Gallardo. Didnt check out the bikes that much but can see from Gordon's pictures that there was quite a line up. Some new bikes like the Blackbird and Suzuki Boulavard were also seen.

Our Fiat was flagged off at 11.45 and we were back at the starting point at around 2 o clock. Chilled out a while and me V16 and Karl returned to Dadar for some refreshing and delecious lunch. I left for home with Karl at around 5 pm. Karl and V16 attended the evening finction. They can fill us in on the results.

Overall had a great time and hope to be back next year again.
Old 25th February 2008, 18:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post

whats the little red car in the background???

Thats a Suzuki SC100 Whizzkid....... nice to see one in India!! Legendary car.....
Old 25th February 2008, 19:27   #36
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Here have a pic of it.

Did anyone take pics of the bikes?! I've got VERYYY few pics of the bikes. And check on Webshots, someone's posted AMAZING pics of the rally. Just type in "Vintage" "Mumbai" in the search.
Old 25th February 2008, 19:57   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

I can see a Fiat Super Select standing in one of the photographs. I was informed that Fiats are not allowed, otherwise I would have brought my MRY3112. Anyways, no point in doing post mortem. Just a request. Please provide correct information.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 25th February 2008, 20:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I left for home with Karl at around 5 pm. Karl and V16 attended the evening finction. They can fill us in on the results.

Overall had a great time and hope to be back next year again.
Nice pics guys.
Had a great time. Especially shaking off the cream super select
The evening function was good but Gazals dont go with a scene like that, though I quite liked the guy as he sang well. Another thing was the presence of two lesser known women who knew nothing about cars and were quite unglamorous, if glamour was the reason of their being invited. Then a lot of persons were not happy with the pure Veg food for dinner.
Loved the Ferrari logo splashed on the Air India building at Marine Drive in a red hue. That was a magical setting viewed from the WIAA terrace.
The Mole, Karlosdeville and yours truly quietly slipped out for a quiet meal at a noisy restaurant at the NSCI and chatted away....about what else but cars.
Secondly I did see a lot of disgruntled faces, mostly I guess because of the classics were given a raw deal. The VCCCI also stand for Classic cars and bikes and though one can understand the partiality towards Vintages, Classics were ignored IMHO. Hope Mr. Dossa takes note of that. Another thing he said was that there was no feed back from any participant who were informed of this rally. I guess thats the fault of the owners and participants.
Theres another rally coming up next month, hope they will take a note.
On the whole a good enjoyable run but a tad bit to long. I thought the tulip handed over had all the hints and was so easy that even a small child could decipher the map. Another thing was the few time check points..just five for a 40 km rally. Not fair. The route was also rather straight so one needed no skills or rocket science to figure it out. I think the element of thrill was missing.
Have a few pics and will post them a little late as am tied up

Last edited by V-16 : 25th February 2008 at 20:06.
Old 25th February 2008, 20:19   #39
BHPian

Lol

If your car can be identified as before 2007 then you can take part in any car as long as you pay the fees.

I think they did not write that the SLK, Mustang and Firebird were also a part of the rally.
Old 25th February 2008, 20:30   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I think they did not write that the SLK, Mustang and Firebird were also a part of the rally.
How can these cars be classified as classics? Didn't know the rules could be bent.
Old 25th February 2008, 20:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
I can see a Fiat Super Select standing in one of the photographs. I was informed that Fiats are not allowed, otherwise I would have brought my MRY3112. Anyways, no point in doing post mortem. Just a request. Please provide correct information.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
If fiats were not allowed, how did gogi manage to get his car in??
Old 25th February 2008, 21:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

here are some pics of my Rover P5 on the day of the judging after which I was informed that she wasnt eligible for a prize in the best restored category because she was 1961
Old 25th February 2008, 21:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

here are some other shots

Old 25th February 2008, 22:06   #44

WHAT THE HELL..everyone told us that FIATS were not allowed..DAMN gogi bhai u should have informed na yar..
Old 25th February 2008, 22:48   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
here are some pics of my Rover P5 on the day of the judging after which I was informed that she wasnt eligible for a prize in the best restored category because she was 1961
What?! So whats VCCCI's criteria for being eligible for a 'classic'?? And even then, the fact that its an imported car should preceed the age-limit criteria (if its "indian" cars I could understand).......lovely car btw!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks