Old 10th December 2008, 18:30   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian UK View Post
Hi bikers I’m new here so just getting the hang of this image posting
Any Indian fans out there?

These two projects have taken up the last 2 years part time
1913 Indian 7HP (1000cc) single speed.

Did you see my bike Julian? Do you remember me, I am Subodh Nath from Ahmedabad, we met at a farm house in India where you were restoring vehicles in Delhi.
I have a 1912 which we have restored.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th December 2008 at 20:09. Reason: fixed quote
Old 10th December 2008, 20:47   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
There is a Black Shadow in Mysore,not NOT FOR SALE. Haven't seen it on road for the last 12 years. It is complete,just needs restoration.
I had seen this black shadow when it was with the mechanic Pathan in Mysore. The bike was complete and ran amazingly well.
Apparently it got caught in some litigation. Not sure where it is now, but the talk was that it was in a police station
Old 14th December 2008, 21:00   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
I had seen this black shadow when it was with the mechanic Pathan in Mysore. The bike was complete and ran amazingly well.
Apparently it got caught in some litigation. Not sure where it is now, but the talk was that it was in a police station
The Black Shadow still remains in Mysore and thankfully not in the Police Station. I think the litigation part is over but the bike is still NOT FOR SALE.What a pity, the only surviving Vincent Black Shadow in the country.
BTW - Karl, Is the Vincent Comet still with Sherry ? I was told it got sold but was never able to verify the fact ?
Old 15th December 2008, 12:04   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
The Black Shadow still remains in Mysore and thankfully not in the Police Station. I think the litigation part is over but the bike is still NOT FOR SALE.What a pity, the only surviving Vincent Black Shadow in the country.
BTW - Karl, Is the Vincent Comet still with Sherry ? I was told it got sold but was never able to verify the fact ?
I heard a most intersting story from a friend of a previous owner of the Black Shadow, how it came into the country. I don't suppose I should post it here

I had no idea Sherry had a Vincent Comet with him! Shall ask him when I meet him next.
Old 15th January 2009, 00:03   #110
BHPian

I have seen an indian chief motorcycle lying in a workshop here in TVM. Its been lying there for quite sometime. I dont know the model but it looked like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Motorcycles in India-indian_chief_1947.jpeg  

Old 17th January 2009, 16:38   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This bike is in India?
Actually there is one such bike in Delhi owned by a friend of mine, it is a 1922 model, its called 202 or something like that.

I shall try to source the pix and post it later
Old 13th February 2009, 20:16   #112
Senior - BHPian

@netchef are you still in touch with Navroze? I have his old email address and the emails get no response. I would like to contact him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Good Lord- that is Navroze's Goldie! It blows me away to see it ...the nostalgia, the memories, the sheer amazement that after 26 years I should find pixels of this beauty on Team_BHP. When I knew it -from Viviani Rd, I lived just 2 houses away from Monsieur Contractor, and looked upon him AND his bike with undiluted awe. I was 18-19 when he first moved next door and rode a 1941 ex-WD OHV Triumph. It was a rad machine, all wild and wide-boy in matte black, but I remember being extremely kicked when someone said she sounded just like NC's Goldie.
Good days, now gone.
Old 13th February 2009, 20:20   #113
Senior - BHPian

@oceanbreeze
maybe, a 1956 R 50...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBreeze View Post
Just thought I would ask : Does ANYONE of you know of an R series BMW Airhead Boxer Twin for sale ? My preferences are immaterial - any R series.
Cheers
OceanBreeze
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:48   #114
Senior - BHPian

Bmw R50 1954

Harit Sir, Yesterday I came across this BMW on the streets of Mumbai. Had a very sweet sound to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Motorcycles in India-photo0031.jpg  

Classic Motorcycles in India-photo0030.jpg  

Classic Motorcycles in India-photo0029000.jpg  

Classic Motorcycles in India-photo0028000.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2009, 10:23   #115
BHPian

Along with BMW, there are couple others too....any idea ? does it belong to any collector ? more stories ?

regards
Old 6th March 2009, 00:05   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Along with BMW, there are couple others too....any idea ? does it belong to any collector ? more stories ?
Girish, They were at a local mechanics place. I think the English bikes you notice are a Norton Twin and BSA Single. I think there is the bobby rajdoot in a couple of pics too.
What stories??? Lots of bikes are there, mostly british. Once in a blue moon a BMW or a Harley might appear. I would have loved to buy that BMW but it's too pricey. Owned by a Old Parsi gent who took good care of it, lots of spares and manuals. Perhaps he passed away and his wife sold it for a fancy price!!!
Old 6th March 2009, 02:31   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
I would have loved to buy that BMW but it's too pricey.
Just out of curiosity, if you could tell whats the "too pricey" price.

Cheers
Old 6th March 2009, 09:04   #118
BHPian

Quote:
@netchef are you still in touch with Navroze? I have his old email address and the emails get no response. I would like to contact him.
deutscheafrikar: Sorry, I don't peruse these pages often. Shall PM his id to you- have to ferret it out of my address book. Please remind me - things tend to slide once I dive into the maelstrom of work.

Quote:
Harit Sir, Yesterday I came across this BMW on the streets of Mumbai. Had a very sweet sound to it.
deutscheafrikar: Nice. Notice the cantilever front suspension that our very own Rajdoot had borrowed? It had a most unpalateable action.
The Bombay salt air is not too kind to aluminium casings is it?
Old 6th March 2009, 09:08   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Just out of curiosity, if you could tell whats the "too pricey" price.
Cheers
TuffRyder, here goes
fancy price was 3.5 lacs
too pricey is 6 lacs
Old 6th March 2009, 09:16   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
deutscheafrikar: book. Please remind me -
Nice. Notice the cantilever front suspension that our very own Rajdoot had borrowed? It had a most unpalateable action.
The Bombay salt air is not too kind to aluminium casings is it?
netchef first reminder!!! Thanks in advance
The Earles front fork is great for sidecar use and for all day riding. It has an adjustment whereby you can increase the wheel base of the bike for sidecar use and lessen it for solo use. It's liek 4 shock absorbers. On the Rajdoot it's square box section. looks flimsy on that.
Well it corodes a bit with the air here, but then it's not to bad if you use the silver aluminum paint on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks