Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2009, 18:06   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The Pakistan club website features many pictures of Indian cars and collections

Ok thats news to me.But my question is if it is a pakistan club why would it have indian cars?may we have the link to it please?
Old 13th September 2009, 19:12   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Ok thats news to me.But my question is if it is a pakistan club why would it have indian cars?may we have the link to it please?
Its New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Car Discussions - PakWheels
Old 13th September 2009, 21:08   #1068
Senior - BHPian

I didnt find any vintage section on this site.But could any one clarify why this website would have indian cars on it?
Old 13th September 2009, 21:56   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Go into teh forum section and look for vintage classic ... something like that. There is a treasure trove of info and pics on that site.

Now coming to why they have pics of cars in India its the same reason we have pics here of cars in Pak and the rest of the world, to enjoy them.
Old 14th September 2009, 06:42   #1070

The president of VCCCP visited India for a car show and took some pictures there so that is why he have put some pictures on the site of VCCCP.
Old 14th September 2009, 06:49   #1071

Hi everyone I am a new member from Pakistan and this is my first post although I am a regular reader of this forum.
I am looking for some information and hope that I can get it here.I want to know what exact model of Rolls Royce is this, I think its from 30s. Its front grille,headlights and all four doors are missing,engine is not fitted in the car but mechanically its complete. Is it resotarable and even worth it.
Old 14th September 2009, 06:53   #1072

Rolls Royce

Classic Rolls Royces in India-24072007716.jpg

Classic Rolls Royces in India-24072007717.jpg

Classic Rolls Royces in India-24072007718.jpg
Old 14th September 2009, 10:02   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shujah.

First of all welcome to this forum.

That car looks like it is from the late 30's onwards going by the spoked wheels but I'm not completely sure about this and is definitely worth it / restorable.

Since you don't have the engine and the front grille the project might turn out to be an expensive one. One alternative is to restore the car using some other makes engine as a donor but you would definitely have to source a grille to be able to conclude any kind of restoration.

I am sure Mohsin SB of the VCCCP will be able to guide you on this better. Regarding identifying the model and the year of manifacture I would suggest looking for a manifacturer's / coachbuilders plate on the firewall or somewhere inside. This would give you invaluable info on the car's engine / body / chassis number which will help positively ID the car.

If you have the regestration book that too would provide details on the above that you can post here and we will try to assertain the missing info for you.

What is the history behind this car, how did you aquire it. Judging by the posted pics it looks like a convertible, could you post pics of its sides and rear as this would help in identifying the coachbuilder.

Cheers

Wasif

Last edited by wasif : 14th September 2009 at 10:06.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:18   #1074
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Cost aside I feel it is worth restoring to its former glory. If the owner (you?) can afford it - fantastic. Otherwise its better sold to someone who has the resources to have it restored.
Old 15th September 2009, 05:23   #1075

Thanks for the replies. Is it a Phantom 2 or 3. Its a four door hardtop,it have its engine and many other things lying inside it full of dust and rust.Its not mine,its custom duty is yet to be paid so its rusting in the customs office.No more picture as its in another city and I took all these pictures during a visit.No one is interested in buying this car so I was curios that is it even worth all the money to restore it as I am trying to get my hands on it.If there is no door with it then can they be custom built.
Old 15th September 2009, 10:22   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shujjah View Post
Thanks for the replies. Is it a Phantom 2 or 3. Its a four door hardtop,it have its engine and many other things lying inside it full of dust and rust.Its not mine,its custom duty is yet to be paid so its rusting in the customs office.No more picture as its in another city and I took all these pictures during a visit.No one is interested in buying this car so I was curios that is it even worth all the money to restore it as I am trying to get my hands on it.If there is no door with it then can they be custom built.
Anything missing on this car can be sourced or custom built. Is the engine lying inside a V12 or a straight six. The Phantom 3 would be a 12 cylinder and teh other were all sixes.

I don't think its a Phantom though maybe a Wraith or someting similar.Do try to get teh engine / body number which will make identifying this easier.
Old 15th September 2009, 10:48   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for some information and hope that I can get it here.I want to know what exact model of Rolls Royce is this, I think its from 30s. Its front grille,headlights and all four doors are missing,engine is not fitted in the car but mechanically its complete. Is it resotarable and even worth it.
It does not seem to be a Rolls Royce, definetly not the Phantom series and very doubtful if a 20/25 or 25/30. I do not know of RR using drilled chassis ladders for their frames, the car pictured has a drilled ladder right into the engine bay.
What can be seen from these pictures is difficult to judge but the general standard of finish in unseen areas does not seem to be RR quality. This is my opinion from what I can make out of these pictures.

You say the car is in a customs shed, looks more like a workshop to me!

Anyway you are at the right forum with members having precise and vast knowledge on these cars and always willing to help out.
Old 15th September 2009, 10:49   #1078
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If there is no door with it then can they be custom built.
Restoration workshops in the UK can rebuild the entire car body from scratch
Old 17th September 2009, 19:18   #1079
Senior - BHPian

I thought that this advertisement, which is actually a work of art, published in 1996, was worthy to be shared.
The car is a RR Phantom 1, owned by H.E. Wali ud Dowla Bahadur Prime Minister of Hyderabad. Supposed to be the most famous Phantom, considered to be the real Diamond of Hyderabad.
If someone has the latest pictures of this car, please post.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Rolls Royces in India-rolls-ad.jpg  

Last edited by harit : 17th September 2009 at 19:20.
Old 17th September 2009, 19:33   #1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The last time I had spoken to someone on his staff they had mentioned the car was being sent to England for restoration. My goodness it looks awesome now. Fantastic.

Hello all, I though I would elaborate on the restoration of 94RF. We at Alpine Eagle in England were delighted when we received the order to give such a wonderful and historically important car the restoration it deserves. Having been in the restoration business for over 30 years and having done our homework and finding copies of the original build sheets we were able to determine how the interior and exterior were originally finished. The car, as many of you will be well aware was in no order to be used and there were various parts missing or broken. The body interior was missing the seat base's in the rear and front of the car, twin sunroofs were both badly damaged, various instruments were damaged and a couple were missing. However the car has covered a very low millege and all of the mechanical parts seemed ok.

After the car was stripped down we began a thorough and detailed re-construction of interior and exterior bodywork, all parts as per build sheets were re-plated, grebel headlamps repaired, there were very few changes to the car and is still largely original. We completely re-wired the car in the correct Rolls Royce cloth covered, coloured wires into the original wiring conduits. We managed to find the correct veneer for all the wooden panels, cabinet and capping's in the passenger compartment and restored them all to their former glory. We repaired and retained the original mesh screens, blinds, kept the dark glass and repaired all of the winding mechanisms so they operate correctly. We managed to source new tinted, bevelled and curved sunroof glass also! The car has had the aluminium body sanded back, all the dents and splits repaired then finally polished by hand to the sheen you see here today! having made all the parts that were missing and repaired all the damaged items the car was re-assembled and re-trimmed in the finest green leather with grey headlining as chosen by the Maharajah.

The car now is back in India and im sure still in the same condition as it left here!

I hope this is of some interest to you all and I will try to add pictures at some point.

Steve Taylor for Alpine Eagle UK.

Most Viewed