Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 20:47   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I don't think they will stop a classic or a vintage car for an issue of the registration.
I've spoken to a few of the Collectors here in Calcutta about purchasing a Fiat 1100 in Guwahati to bring to Calcutta and as I recall the larger Cities will not transfer ownership of Vintage or Classic Cars from another jurisdiction because of the current pollution laws.

In my case I would have to keep it registered there and drive it here with the possibility of harassment. That is why a number of the collectors cars carry plates from elsewhere, but it's not an issue as they don't drive them much.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
[/i]
I dont know how you can so with confidence.
Actually regarding classic/vintage cars, thanks to unscrupulous dealers et.al the authorities have become very cautious these days and check the documents .

That probably happens in south india but not in delhi or kolkatta for sure.The problem only starts if you are doing inter state driving or transporting a car on a truck no problems other wise while driving in the city but it may be different in the case of a fiat or a ss80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I've spoken to a few of the Collectors here in Calcutta about purchasing a Fiat 1100 in Guwahati to bring to Calcutta and as I recall the larger Cities will not transfer ownership of Vintage or Classic Cars from another jurisdiction because of the current pollution laws.

In my case I would have to keep it registered there and drive it here with the possibility of harassment. That is why a number of the collectors cars carry plates from elsewhere, but it's not an issue as they don't drive them much.
I know that they cannot be transfered but the cars can be brought and used but there is a very very rare possibility of getting harassed.I know of a number of classic and vintage cars in and around delhi where the laws are more strict with outstation numbers but i know for a fact they never have had a problem.I will still confirm this and get back to you.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 15th January 2010 at 20:58.
Old 6th April 2015, 22:54   #33
BHPian

Re: Procedures to move Vintage/ Classic cars between states in India

Hi All,
Wanted to know how can one retain the old number of a vehicle brought from a different state and get the fitness/documentation uptodate to prevent legal issues.
Will this cause problems when doing the fitness/passing of the car/bike in future in the new state

thanks
Ameet
Old 7th April 2015, 14:17   #34
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Procedures to move Vintage/ Classic cars between states in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameet_pv View Post
Hi All,
Wanted to know how can one retain the old number of a vehicle brought from a different state and get the fitness/documentation uptodate to prevent legal issues.
Will this cause problems when doing the fitness/passing of the car/bike in future in the new state

thanks
Ameet
In Karnataka, you cannot retain the old outside state number, once you re-register the vehicle here. Once you re-register, you will be alloted the new number in the current series.

For re-registration you have to produce the RC & NOC along with the vehicle for inspection. FC can also be done at the same time, if it has expired. If the car is after 1950 you will have to provide for an Invoice Copy for determination of Road Tax. Once the fees/taxes are paid and the inspection done, it will take about 60-90 days to get the new number allotted

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed