Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 18:48   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
@ Girish : Got this restored for a friend in Hyderabad. It is just missing the original rear seat handle which got misplaced during restoration. For the moment it has a fabricated seat handle.
Dominator,

Can you please post a close up view of the spare wheel bracket? I need to make one for my bobby.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:33   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
Dominator,

Can you please post a close up view of the spare wheel bracket? I need to make one for my bobby.
Sorry Jai . That is the only pictures I have and the bike does not belong to me. Will try to arrange for more pictures and post them here.
Old 9th January 2009, 22:01   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Jaggu forget picking up a scrap for 20K now mate, as i am in process of getting just one chasis, gear box and front end for building one drag RD from one Yamaha dealer in remote area in my native and that guy is also quoting 33K for all this and he told me that i know that now days running RD sells for atleast 60K :(
BTW i am the same guy whom you must have saw in Madhus shop last week, i came with my friend to get it done my Swift and his Fusion.Recognise you by your cars alloys and rally.co.in stiker
Ajay: Call me (sent u a PM with my number) or text me if I dont answer. I know of a person who has two chassis and frontend and other parts. I can get it for you for cheaper than 33k. By the way, Im from bangalore.

Last edited by TuffRyder : 9th January 2009 at 22:03.
Old 19th January 2009, 21:27   #94
BHPian

My new ride....1974 Royal Enfield 350 cc, recently done
Attached Thumbnails
Few of my(girishpv) collections-p1040366.jpg  

Few of my(girishpv) collections-p1040364.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 19th January 2009, 23:20   #95
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic restoration. Do I see the narrow drum brakes up front? Which models had these and whats the reason for it?
Old 20th January 2009, 00:57   #96
BHPian

Wow really neat. Did this originally come with tank pads? Im not sure if any of the Enfield India ones came with it. When you in coimbatore try and get the original footrest rubbers. They are slightly smaller in diameter. Also the rear shox. Would be great if u get the ignition switch back on the toolbox and change the bendpipe. Here is my 1980 bullet with almost 99% stock parts from when it was bought. I added the battery box and changed the carb.
Attached Thumbnails
Few of my(girishpv) collections-bullet1.jpg  

Few of my(girishpv) collections-bullet.jpg  

Old 31st January 2009, 14:06   #97
BHPian

My recently restored 1950 Ambassador Popular bike
2 stroke , 197cc Villiers engine
Attached Thumbnails
Few of my(girishpv) collections-p1040557.jpg  

Few of my(girishpv) collections-p1040555.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st February 2009, 23:21   #98
BHPian

Wow! This is beautiful. I remember seeing an Ambassador in Bangalore, cannot recall but I think it had a two-port Villiers engine, probably the 147 cc. I have a friend here who ones one of these too.
Old 1st March 2009, 21:43   #99
BHPian

@ Girish Hello Girish,
Sorry, I was not at station, when you contacted to meet at my garage ( work shop)
Maru told that, you bought a pair of Knee pads for GTS ( bit seasoned stuff !!!).
And now, why you people are bothering too much about Bobby TAIL lights...............hey its nothing but Rajdoot Ranger's Tail light
Just ask the two wheeler parts retailars, for Rajdoot Ranger tail light ( Do not say Bobby bike tail light !!!) at least they wud have the top Lens portion, the bottom can be fabricated.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:20   #100
BHPian

@powertwin,

Thanks, I am visiting coimbatore in April, will definitely meet then

regards
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:34   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Friends,

Here is my 1932 Austin 10/4 which I bought in year 2003 from Nagpur.
It took years to bring it to original shape.....still working on it.
Hi girish.

I was just looking through this thread and was taken with the cars in teh background of your Austin 10 pictures.

Where were these pictures taken and what cars were there. I can see a 40's Chrysler and some other interesting machines.

Please do tell.

Wasif

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd March 2009 at 15:49. Reason: Quote fixed. Also, no need to quote an entire post as it makes it harder for our mobile users to read. Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:30   #102
BHPian

Hi Wasif,

That photo was taken in 2003, in one of my friends friend Farm house in/near Nagpur, there were couple of Austin 7's, Austin 10, an singer (sold to Delhi), dodge, chysler, plymouth and lot more lying around in the farm.
But now as per my friend that guy sold all as a lot (did not mentioned to whom)

At that time, I was new (still new) to this FEVER, so did not bothered much to get more information. Now regretting.....

May be Anjan can help ?

regards
Girish
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:06   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Hi Wasif,

That photo was taken in 2003, in one of my friends friend Farm house in/near Nagpur, there were couple of Austin 7's, Austin 10, an singer (sold to Delhi), dodge, chysler, plymouth and lot more lying around in the farm.
But now as per my friend that guy sold all as a lot (did not mentioned to whom)

At that time, I was new (still new) to this FEVER, so did not bothered much to get more information. Now regretting.....

May be Anjan can help ?

regards
Girish
Hi Wasif,
All these cars were sold to Delhi a couple of years ago. Nothing left from that lot, only an austin 7. If you look carefully at Randeeps post, you will see some cars that came from there, including the Renault. Perhaps you can check with Delhiwallas.
A Rolls was later purchased, it just won the concourse prize in Nagpur, see the nagpur Rally thread.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:42   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hi Wasif,
All these cars were sold to Delhi a couple of years ago. Nothing left from that lot, only an austin 7. If you look carefully at Randeeps post, you will see some cars that came from there, including the Renault. Perhaps you can check with Delhiwallas.
A Rolls was later purchased, it just won the concourse prize in Nagpur, see the nagpur Rally thread.
harit as always you are right! I too was trying to get an Austin or two from this lot - a 1946 Austin 8 and a 1938 Austin 10 were on my radar. Suddenly, one fine day the whole lot was gone to the capital.Guess they bartered and got the 1936 Rolls Phantom II.But harit this Rolls' restoration job is not done to the finest details.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:16   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
harit as always you are right! I too was trying to get an Austin or two from this lot - a 1946 Austin 8 and a 1938 Austin 10 were on my radar. Suddenly, one fine day the whole lot was gone to the capital.Guess they bartered and got the 1936 Rolls Phantom II.But harit this Rolls' restoration job is not done to the finest details.
Actually I made a mistake. 3 to 4 cars, among them a MG saloon and a Humber went to Lucknow, an Austin and Morris to Goa and I took an Adler.

The RR PII was in Mumbai, being restored in Opera House. This was the first vintage car that I saw under restoration. A Sardar carpenter was working on her. Somewhere in between the project was abandoned, and then someone put all together. A few parts were missing. Finally she was painted black entered in a rally in Mumbai.
When sold on to Nagpur, they found that she was not working properly. One mechanic again opened up the engine, not much success. Then finally she was given to Shirish who sorted out all. I do not know how many know about Shirish, but he is a wizzard. Though sitting in Nagpur, he can do any Jag, even the temperamental V12. He is also an expert on off road vehicles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks