Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 16:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
The concerned officer is going to land upin hot soup before the courts if the NoC is not issued.

Only reason a NoC may be denied is if the car is involved in any criminal case. (theft, used for criminal "operations", drug / liquor smuggling, etc.). A decision denying the NoC has to be sent within 30 (IIRC - not sure). days to the registered owner (the guy selling the vehicle). If the seller has applied for NoC and has not received it within the NoC, proof of applying for the Noc is sufficient.
the officers have nothing to do/worry with it if such a bill/act is passed by state legislature.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
the officers have nothing to do/worry with it if such a bill/act is passed by state legislature.
In my opinion if such a bill were to be passed it will not be able to stand, too discriminatory. We are a free nation, to do as we please as far as purchase of assets is concerned, only in Kashmir can you not buy land.
Nothing stops the Kerala enthusiasts from going out of state and buying back their heritage cars. I am sure that if you hunt in some of the estates you will unearth something or the other. I have heard that in one estate there are two Bean cars. Just have to find them!
Old 4th April 2009, 13:10   #48

I know this car and the mechanic. I saw it

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Sometime back I had posted the picture of the same car being driven from Kollam to Tvm without a paintjob & windshields. Today I saw her again in a better shape in front of Bharat Tyres, Near Enjakkal Trivandrum. Talked to the driver, he didn't disclose who the owner is, but he said the the owner has a collection of exotics.

Attachment 116972
If I am not mistaken this is the vehicle owned by Esso (HM dealer). He lives in Kollam. Because I have a Contessa and I take it to this Mechanic in Parippally Near Varkala and Before Kollam. He is a master Mechanic only 56 Years old but has a 30 year experience. His garage is always loaded with Mercez and Audi's and all the imports from 80's and ago. While I was there this Morris what brought in for restoration. The condition of the Body was 55% off. The Engine they used is an Omni engine and all the work was done in that Work shop. The Mechanic's name is SALIM KUMAR. YES.

REPLY if you need his number.
Old 4th April 2009, 17:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

tell us mor about your contessa, is it classic or the pre86 version?
Old 5th April 2009, 02:25   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
tell us mor about your contessa, is it classic or the pre86 version?
Man! I recon its a 96 Classic. Isuzu. I bought it with my first earned money of 40K from the same Mechanic. He takes care of everything in that. There was no glitch except for the A/c that was not working and a not good looking flooring. All else is good. Its now at my house in Trivandrum Dist. I just got a few weeks with it. And now am in Singapore Working my *** off.

I have dreamt for a long owning one. To tell you the truth none accepts Contessa in my family or friends as a cool ride. I pity them. Me and my brother are the only ones who gets our joy from that beast. My father says its just an ugly beast with no riding comfort. Let me tell whatever others say I feel the MAN inside me when am holding the wheel!

I will be going back to India by November this year. By then I plan to travel to Malaysia to pick up any parts and accessories I deem workable with Contessa when I gonna Beef it up. Yaeh, I am gonna make it shine and beef it up. Witing for November.

I know I won't get to drive it too often while being in Singapore, which is my bread. But the shear thought of it makes my right foot flow with blood!

I will be needing help and a lot of it from you guys in my project. I am amassing for it and has given the decisions as for what all have to be done are given to my lil BRO.

Nice meeting you all motor heads here. I like having grease on my hands.
Old 5th April 2009, 02:39   #51

I am sorry about the yellow Morris that was mentioned above. The owner of the car is the owner of Essco Automobiles(HM dealer) and not Esso(misspelt). He bought this antique from Ootty for One Lakh Rupees. I am not bluffing but had first hand knowledge. He also posses a lot of more Vintages according to the Mechanic. This Mechanic supposedly condition all his personal Assets(The Vintages)
Old 11th June 2009, 16:50   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Here you go! The austin cambridge from TVM.
Hi Jaydev, How you get the photos very precisely, It is great...Think you have a photo collection of so many vintage stuffs in Kerala. If so could you help me with a Black Land Master bearing KLT regn , which is now heard to bew sold some where in Cochin?
Old 11th June 2009, 17:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillu-TVM View Post
Hi Jaydev, How you get the photos very precisely, It is great...Think you have a photo collection of so many vintage stuffs in Kerala. If so could you help me with a Black Land Master bearing KLT regn , which is now heard to bew sold some where in Cochin?
Thanks! Collecting pix is on of my main hobbies!

Is this the car you are referring to? Or is it another diesel car, with some mods done to it?
Attached Thumbnails
Classics in Quilon (Kerala)-land-1.jpg  

Old 11th June 2009, 17:34   #54

Jaidev, Im not sure whether this is the same Land, but the one i looks for have a bit more better body shape and comes with original side valve petrol engine and stock wheel discs...Have any other photos???
Old 11th June 2009, 17:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jaidev, Im not sure whether this is the same Land, but the one i looks for have a bit more better body shape and comes with original side valve petrol engine and stock wheel discs...Have any other photos???
Then I don't think its the same car. How long ago did it come to cochin? Also, pls PM me the reg number of the car if you know it. I may know the car.
Old 11th June 2009, 18:00   #56

Classico, I know about one red beetle in Attingal,that belongs to one textile owner in Kachery Junction . That is a 1965 model car having 90% originality. Just tyr...

Sorry I dont remember the Regn no now. Well, is there any body work shop in your knowledge in Kerala where we can do restoration works for Vintage tourers?? Some old Guys ???

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th June 2009 at 14:48. Reason: Merged
Old 12th June 2009, 14:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

austin cambridge

Quote:
Classico, I know about one red beetle in Attingal,that belongs to one textile owner in Kachery Junction . That is a 1965 model car having 90% originality. Just tyr...
the AUSTIN CAMBRIDGE photo in this thread was taken by me and passed onto jayD.
there is no 1965 beetle in attingal. there used to be one 1964 beetle with REG no KLZ-2526 with the textile owner and it was sold a decade or more ago.
please check my pm
Old 12th June 2009, 15:15   #58
BHPian

I used to see a KLT regn. Land Master in Cochin. But last time I saw it was around 9-10 years. No idea about the engine, but it was almost stock including the wheels (I think so, my knowledge was poor that time).
Any idea when was the car you mentioned was brought to Cochin?

There is a black Landy in Cochin, but it has KRP regn. (re-reg.). This car has AC, dark tints and Gypsy rims.

- Jose.
Old 13th June 2009, 17:15   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
I used to see a KLT regn. Land Master in Cochin. But last time I saw it was around 9-10 years. No idea about the engine, but it was almost stock including the wheels (I think so, my knowledge was poor that time).
Any idea when was the car you mentioned was brought to Cochin?

There is a black Landy in Cochin, but it has KRP regn. (re-reg.). This car has AC, dark tints and Gypsy rims.

- Jose.
Yeah Jose, I remember, that was a KRP land, mostly seen under the EKM north bridge, having excellent body shape..
Old 13th June 2009, 17:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah Jose, I remember, that was a KRP land, mostly seen under the EKM north bridge, having excellent body shape..
dillu, i have sent you an email,please reply

Most Viewed