Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:53   #151
BHPian

I have seen an old pic of Jackie Shroff while he was on a shoot for the movie Mera Dharam in 1986, that happened at a location right in the backside of my earlier residence in Jaipur, our landlords used to prepare meals for the key crew members including the star.
The pic had Jackie shroff and Amrita Singh standing alongside an old Ford Galaxie, belonging to then royal family of Jaipur.
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:26   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
How sir, did you miss out the 2 Heralds also seen in the same song??!! Grrrrrrr!!!
You can find a nice black mk1 with white-walls and a Black Hillman Minx passing by each other in a split second, then a red later model (mk2) with flat bootlid, whizzing past the couple in the opposite direction with it's boot stuffed with luggage and thus the bootlid half-open.....

But yes, really lovely song. 'wish I had existed back then!
Stanher Sir really very sorry I missed the 2 Heralds!!! I agree the song and the settings are really fantastic!
Old 4th August 2009, 00:33   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Right Stanher it was Amrishji who was groaning with his hoarse voice when the car was being ripped apart.Got the movie CD I feel-will check it and post as harit says!
About those jeep like innovations howz this one to rattle M&M and draw them to some courtroom?
Attachment 150631
wow thats awesome...i m just wondering which place is bhopal is this car from. predominantly the code MP04 stands for bhopal itself.
kindly help me out on this please.

had anyone seen the movie avtar starring rajesh khanna. i believe there was the entire scene which shows fiat cars getting assembled in the factory quite atreat for all the Fiat fans
will try to get the video and post it here.

Thanks and regards
Sushil. N

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th August 2009 at 01:05. Reason: Posts merged. Also, please try and use proper Capitalization when typing to ease readability. Thanks.
Old 4th August 2009, 01:14   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Starting of Manoj Kumar and Sadhna Starrer "Woh Kaun Thi" with a Austin A55 Cambridge...
Wow, lovely! Thanks for the info. I had seen this movie years ago, and at that time, used to wonder what car that was (although I would've been able to identify it by now)
One of my favourites of the 60s!
Old 4th August 2009, 16:47   #155
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod:

Given that this thread is in the Vintages & Classics in India section, lets keep this thread for Bollywood and other movies that are set in India only.

A discussion on vintage cars seen in international films can be continued in this new thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...nal-films.html

Thanks,
R
Old 4th August 2009, 19:09   #156
Senior - BHPian

Since there is no thread for TV shows, i am posting it here
Beetle featured in an episode of hit comedy series "Flop Show" on DD..Enjoy

here goes the second part with beetle and a Fiat
Old 5th August 2009, 13:47   #157
BHPian

Amitabh Bachchan drives a similar Opel Rekord as seen on this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1404797-post183.html, although red in colour, in the movie Majboor, with typical heroics and derring-do, like taking a short-cut up and down a hill at 140kmph (or something like that on the speedo, camera panning it a couple of times!) in order to get the doctor in time to a wounded Pran!
Prabal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2009, 16:26   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Though not an old movie, some interesting old cars are visible in this shoot at Mehrangarh Fort, including a Morgan (doubt they were used in the Raj though). The Chevy pickup is commonly used for shoots. Can anyone identify the tourer that the gora sahib is seated in? For that matter any info on the movie?

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-shoot01.jpg
Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-shoot02.jpg
Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-shoot03.jpg

The British general in "Veer" (Jodhpur, India) on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Bollywood Movie Shoot (Jodhpur, India) on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Bollywood Film Shoot (Jodhpur, India) on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks to moralfibre.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:38   #159
Senior - BHPian

Gangster themed song(Rasputin inspired) from "Kabhi Haa Kabhi Naa", song starts with a 71-72 Chevelle Malibu,old Corolla and a Merc after sometime

Last edited by agspins : 10th August 2009 at 19:40.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:07   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

In the Balraj Sahani and others multi starrer Hindi classic 'Waqt' (1965), some great cars can be seen. We have already discussed the race sequence between a Fiat Spyder and Austin Healey Sprite. While going through my notes, I recall a red Jaguar XK 120 is visible for a short while, with a chromed rear stepny continental style kit.

Also visible in the movie is a 1959 Chevy Bel Air/Impala/Biscayne Wagon, blue and white, with registration MRX 4691. Familiar to anyone?
Old 19th August 2009, 22:47   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
In the Balraj Sahani and others multi starrer Hindi classic 'Waqt' (1965), some great cars can be seen.
a Fiat Spyder and Austin Healey Sprite. While going through my notes, I recall a red Jaguar XK 120 is visible for a short while, with a chromed rear stepny continental style kit.
Also visible in the movie is a 1959 Chevy Bel Air/Impala/Biscayne Wagon, blue and white, with registration MRX 4691. Familiar to anyone?
How sir, did you too miss out the Heralds in said movie??

Notably the white with green stripe early mk1 conv. (DLI something) in which Sharmila Tagore teaches driving to Shashi Kapoor.

Then there are 2 black mk1s, including one with chrome bumper cappings (seen just after the race scene) plus a lovely green & white one parked at "Tata Hospital" in one of the scenes.
Old 20th August 2009, 04:11   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I remember the scene, The car was White yet this cars code says it should be blue.The mystery deepens. This car must have been fairly new to have been repainted white back then in 1979 just for the film.Hmmm
The MErcedes smash scene in Qurbani was a direct lift off from "The Driver" starring Ryan o Neal where he smashes a W108.

Feroz Khan starts with a W123 (i think but i dont remember clearly, im a little cloudy here) and finishes with a W115. In between the W115 has a change of numbers from what i think was a MRF to a MRZ. MRZ is an old Bombay plate much prior to 1968 when the W115 was registered.

The scene starts with Feroz Khan making a bet with Amrish Puri for 50p or something like that and so our cowboy wrecks the car and leaves him with his inimtable dialogue "Seth...yeh rahi athanni" or something like that.

Watch the clip from The Driver which "inspired" Feroz Khan.

V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2009, 17:02   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Another all time favorite movie of mine is 'Haseen Maan Jaayegi', where Shashi Kapoor plays a dual role.

There is a particularly memorable song sequence featuring two spotless white racy convertibles - A Standard Herald Mk 1 and a Sunbeam Alpine

Shashi Kapoor is, for the most part, seen dancing on the cars rather than sitting in it

Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-01.jpg
Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-02.jpg
Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-03.jpg
Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-04.jpg
Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-05.jpg
Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars-06.jpg
Old 13th September 2009, 17:20   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Another all time favorite movie of mine is 'Haseen Maan Jaayegi', where Shashi Kapoor plays a dual role.

There is a particularly memorable song sequence featuring two spotless white racy convertibles - A Standard Herald Mk 1 and a Sunbeam Alpine
I too loved watching this movie for the herald in it!

Especially love the shot with babita turning back and the rear of the Herald partly visible- truly period shot!

I wish Stampro (Madras) had used something like this in their ad brochures!
Surprising that the car could retain both it's sunvisors despite the roof being taken off, as their retaining brackets are bolted to the roof from inside.

Last edited by Stanher : 13th September 2009 at 17:23.
Old 14th September 2009, 17:27   #165
Senior - BHPian

This could be a Alpine -Tiger does this car exist any more? Seems Maharashtra registered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks