Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 00:30   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Sorry guys, but I couldn't resist this any more. What does "ChettAn" mean ??
Haha! Its a mallu (malayAlam) word meaning elder bro., jus like bhai, bhayya, anna (Hyderabadi lingo )
I think they say this in North Kerala only, while in South Kerala they say EttAn....or is it the other way round, JayD chettAn/ettAn??

Last edited by Stanher : 17th August 2008 at 00:32.
Old 17th August 2008, 00:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ! I can use this on my mallu pals now..
We are like this only.
Old 17th August 2008, 11:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting such nice pics shya,,never realised you were taking these lovely pics..
get ready with your beauties on 27th Sep for the World Tourism Day Vintage Rally
Old 17th August 2008, 13:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Great job as always Shyam but i feel the participation was very low key no? Why so few entries and where are the usual suspects?
Old 17th August 2008, 17:09   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great job as always Shyam but i feel the participation was very low key no? Why so few entries and where are the usual suspects?
Yes gogi it was turned into a low-key affair this time, for security reasons, hyd. happened to be on red alert then.

Infact the police initially didint allow the event to be held there saying that there would be need for security checks etc. which the club felt they couldnt afford and would also make the event less enjoyable.
So they had an agreement to make this a modest show with the display held only briefly, minus chief guest, flag hoisting etc., followed by a 25-30km drive to a local dhaba for lunch and disperse from there.

I didnt go for the drive as firstly I didnt have any of my vehicles this itme so wasnt in the mood anyways..secondly was a tad concerned bout the distance as I'd have to drive a further 30+ km (on a bike) to go home!

As for the 'usual suspects', well Suren was quite keen to attend even without his '57 fiat but apparently suddenly had this impulse to take off to Warangal (a neighbouring dist.) with family that day, raj (kk2r2k2) said he had some pooja at home then (it incidentally also happened to be Varalakshmi Vratham that day although that is done by married women, so he being a bachelor I found it odd...hmmm! )
'dont know what happened to the others as I didnt contact anyone else.
Old 17th August 2008, 17:36   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Stanher excellent job excellent pictures. Sorry to read the facts as to why you could'nt participate. The Sunbeam steals the show.Even the Minor is very well kept. Most of the bikes are chic and well kept.
Hillram's Super Select is superb but for a minor suggestion- if he fits the original round with the chrome ring, Super Select indicators! Very recently I saw these with Maulana in Mumbai!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks