Team-BHP - Jeep Willys
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Jeep Willys (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/4485-jeep-willys.html)

Hey I spotted this Jeep Willy's Jeep at Mahabaleshwar at a pump

Great. Original American one with six cylinder. But I'm sure, the owner must have put in a diesel one. Can't see the tow winch though. Next time you spot this one again, ask if he wants to sell!!!

Man Rudra , why didnt we see one of these on our trip to Mahableshwar

Dippy

rudra,
u intrested in old classics like these?
i can try and get you those old ww2 landcrusiers with original engine,there are quite a few in hyd.

ps:isnt that a american kaiser?? are willys and kaisers same?

Aadix, I like this shape. Jap older models are no match for this simple design.
Somebody offered one long back to me for 12k.

12k!

in working condition?

is it still there?

My Uncle in Palghat got one the millitary green color and stickering with all the accessories like the axe, can and all.. Really a classic piece of machinery... I Really like it.. Another uncle here in Cochin has one, wonder if he plans to sell it, will surely ask him...

LOL I am from Bhopal which has lots of Willy's jeeps. But was not much intereted in them that time :p will try getting some snaps when i go there.

But man, one of my best expriences was at darjeeling in an original land rover early 1950's with unpainted bodywork. It was a short wheelbase 90 version and the driver who ferried me and my family around was really good, he was going at 40 into cant-see-anything-farther-than-3 feet fog without flinching!! Being really young, it has had a premanent effect on me, and I now am a diehard Landy enthusiast who clamours for issues of Land Rover owner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
he was going at 40 into cant-see-anything-farther-than-3 feet fog without flinching!!

That was the time in Darjeeling. Old, not-so-old and some new models (with different grill design) parked in WALFORD.
One thing you must give to those drivers.. they know their road like their palm.

guys wnated to do something in the retro week ,and was fascinated by a newspaper ad willys for sale 45k.I felt it was cheap...and cheaper than a bike ,but tell me more about the maintance.....and mainly engine (diesel/petrol) , i logged onto usedcarbazar.com a site which gives ads and its is publicity in eenadu classifieds.:Frustrati ...funny but i found what i wanted two willys for sale both 1944 ,both greenn(lovely color)..
are they cheap in maintatnce.will cover up adventure tomorow with photos,and is the 15 year old vehicle rule still valid in india.
guys please tell me
and are there any willys owners amongst us??????? user review for the car please ,

U just have to pay 'green tax' for older vehicles.

Its like 500 bucks a year. Big deal,huh?? (for us car enthusiasts) :D

I'm not sure if this is a Ford or a Willy's but this is one of the best maintained "Jeep" i've ever seen. Was featured in BSMotoring. The owner had gone all the way to the US to source parts to restore it. I guess it still has its original gun mounts and pick axe too.

We used to have a willys jeep when I was a kid. Was a weird color that was like a mixture of green and grey (not dirty green), and had a lot of scratches all around because of us taking it really deep into our farm to hunt, where the dry brush used to scratch against the car. It was very well maintained though. But ye, I did love that jeep. Had this really cool black shovel with a red handle on the side the bonnet! Silly things that would excite a lil' kid that I was then!

Someone in my area used to have a willys jeep too, extremely well maintained. It was shiny black and I don't remember ever seeing even one scratch on it. Had those huge balloon tires that were famous in those days, with red caps on them. And I remember being facinated by the cushioned rexene which covered the bars over which the canvas top would go. I used to think it was the coolest thing around, apart from the same owners black conti. Sadly I don't see that jeep nor the conti around anymore. Sigh!!!

Godspeed.

Alok.

V12,it certainly does look like a very well maintained/restored jeep.

Guys,Can we have more pics of other jeeps as well.I would love to know about the various types of jeeps available in india,ways to restore them,what engine options,what jeep would you want to get & restore,costs,places where we can find them,ur dream jeep??

Is there a thread that already exists?the only thread ive come across is the poll(where engine options for gto's cj were discussed).GTO ,no reviews from you on your new petrol engine.???