Team-BHP - Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/45673-vintage-classic-cars-display-india.html)

Classic cars are on display is the Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad to give the film being shot a period look with period sets.These are pictures of the three cars that are on display and use by film-makers and the heroes, heroines and maybe villians.
Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-986.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-1023.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-987.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-988.jpg

Name:  sonycamv 989.jpg
Views: 9077
Size:  132.3 KB

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-990.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-991.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-993.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-997.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-998.jpg
There's a petrol pump with dispensing centres of the 1940's and 50's here below. Thats my daughter with the filler pipe. Petrol used to cost 53 np per litre I am told in 1955.
Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-999.jpg
Last but not the least this is a Morris Minor.
Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-1016.jpg

This is an German made Adler of 1938 vintage and is on display in a museum in Kolkata. It is enclosed in a glass case to aid preservation.The four rings of Audi seem prominent in the wheel hub cap along with the MAN logo. The BLA registration pertains to the Bengal Presidency of the 1930's. And no, there's no fancy number here for this car. Can you guess who the owner was of this Great car? Hold your breath - it was Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose! The car is on display at Netaji Bhavan, Elgin Road, in the heart of Kolkata. Netaji Bhavan was his house, from where he escaped in 1941 to Bihar, despite the police patrolling and tight security within this house to prevent him giving them a slip.
Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-netaji-1.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-netaji-2.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-netaji-3.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-netaji-4.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-netaji-5.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 975314)
This is an German made Adler of 1938 vintage and is on display in a museum in Kolkata. It is enclosed in a glass case to aid preservation.The four rings of Audi seem prominent in the wheel hub cap along with the MAN logo. The BLA registration pertains to the Bengal Presidency of the 1930's. And no, there's no fancy number here for this car. Can you guess who the owner was of this Great car? Hold your breath - it was Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose! The car is on display at Netaji Bhavan, Elgin Road, in the heart of Kolkata. Netaji Bhavan was his house, from where he escaped in 1941 to Bihar, despite the police patrolling and tight security within this house to prevent him giving them a slip.
Attachment 48622

Attachment 48623

Attachment 48624

Attachment 48625

Attachment 48626

This is quite a find, and very well preserved too! Well done. However she is a Wanderer. The hubcap doesn't have an M for MAN, but a W for Wanderer. Harit also agrees.

Quote:

This car is sooooo similar to an Adler, but it is a Wanderer. The rear is very much like an Adler, the rear mudguards like an Opel, but the hubcap is Wanderer. The ring denote Auto Union which included Wanderer and the rest.
Incidently, when I first saw this picture in a article on Netaji, the car was pictured from far and described as an Opel.
I am sure that it is not an Adler, I have three and one came from Nagpur. They were front wheel drive, this Adler is one of two which I received in 2 pieces!
Harit

Wow, I didnt know Ramoji's had these cool classics! I must make a visit there sometime! :)

Karlosdeville Quote (This is quite a find, and very well preserved too! Well done. However she is a Wanderer. The hubcap doesn't have an M for MAN, but a W for Wanderer. Harit also agrees.)Quote
Karl thanks for the pictures and the correction- I read the literature on Netaji and Wanderer was mentioned more than once therein. After your post I read about Audi's roots. In 1932, Audi, D.K.W. and Wanderer became a part of Auto Union. After WW II Audi was nationalised and in 1949 Mercedes Benz got a majority stake in the company. Soon the Audi name lapsed, but was revived in 1965, with Volkswagen's interest and major share holding in the company.

This is Kaviguru Rabindranath Tagore's 1933 Humber, which was parked in Shantiniketan, W.B. and was being ravaged by nature. It has been resurrected and is now going to get back on its wheels for display at "Uttarayan", the Kaviguru's residence in Shantiniketan.The news appeared in the Times of India, Nagpur Edition Saturday 13th Sept 2008.
Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-sonycamv-1841.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 977242)
This is Kaviguru Rabindranath Tagore's 1933 Humber, which was parked in Shantiniketan, W.B. and was being ravaged by nature. It has been resurrected and is now going to get back on its wheels for display at "Uttarayan", the Kaviguru's residence in Shantiniketan.The news appeared in the Times of India, Nagpur Edition Saturday 13th Sept 2008.
Attachment 49482

Can you give us a bigger scan? It isn't legible. Plus the car pictured is certainly not 1933.

Karl I'll post a better image of that item. To me its also surprising that the Humber should be a 1933 model, when it has a post WW II look. This may be not the real car, but a Humber, that has been downloaded by the newsroom people.
The newsitem states that its a 1933 model, bought in 1938 at Kolkata by Rathindranath Tagore, son of the Nobel Laureate for his father's use in Shantiniketan. In fact the Kaviguru passed away in 1941, so the car facts are true but maybe not the picture appended.

This battery powered Austin was used as a Staff car for a bit, and is currently on display in a shabby state at the College of Military Engg, Pune. In a bid to reduce weight (I guess) the tail gate is made of fibre.

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-austin01.jpg
Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-austin02.jpg
Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-austin03.jpg
Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-austin04.jpg

This Austin is on rails, source unknown.

Austin on rails..i have never heard that.thanks for enlightening.

This Morris 8 is a landmark in Koregaon Park, Pune standing on top of an unoccupied bungalow called Sugar Villa. Many years back the lights would be switched on at night too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 979244)
This Morris 8 is a landmark in Koregaon Park, Pune standing on top of an unoccupied bungalow called Sugar Villa. Many years back the lights would be switched on at night too.

Wow, thats really crazy!! I didnt know there are people who'd do such things with cars in India as well! lol:

Hmm.....when we're lucky to have an independent house again maybe I could do the same thing with my dad's gazel! 'considering there isnt anything else I could do with it. ;)

About that Austin rail car- what model Austin is it?? 'never seen one like it. It looks more like Badamikar's Fordson from the front!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 979472)
About that Austin rail car- what model Austin is it?? 'never seen one like it. It looks more like Badamikar's Fordson from the front!

Looks very much like a Bantam to me.

I don't know if this is here already somewhere, I don't know Fiats. Is it a mid twenties Fiat 507 4 cylinder or something?
Its also is in the Birla Museum in Calcutta.

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-dscn6615.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-dscn6617.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-dscn6619.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-dscn6616.jpg

Vintage and Classic Cars on Display in India-dscn6614.jpg
Photos by my Cousin in Law

Julian - abit off topic but I'm trying to find a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud (UK) Silver - reg SLA 8A. How would I go about finding this car?