Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 18:45   #241
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Renjit;2151623]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post

Those cars belong to one Mr.Ziad.He has got a very good collection of vintage and classic cars. he also have a RR whiteghost 30's not sure about the year. also a ford T, some american muscle cars and two or three Austin chummys.
dear renjit,
Sorry to say that you have been misinformed regarding the cars.He has neither a FORD T model nor a Rolls (leave alone 30's model).What he has is a BEAUFORD(1978 model RR Kit car) and a FORD A model which originally belonged to a doctor in ALWAYE.
He has got a Baroda registered austin7 also.Most of his cars are having diesel engines(especially the american cars like chevrolet,DODGE etc)
If my info is correct there is only one FORD T in Kerala and that is in Trivandrum

Last edited by ajay99 : 24th November 2010 at 18:46.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:02   #242
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Renjit;2151623]
Quote:

Those cars belong to one Mr.Ziad.He has got a very good collection of vintage and classic cars. he also have a RR whiteghost 30's not sure about the year. also a ford T, some american muscle cars and two or three Austin chummys.
[quote=ajay99;2151643]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjit View Post

dear renjit,
Sorry to say that you have been misinformed regarding the cars.He has neither a FORD T model nor a Rolls (leave alone 30's model).What he has is a BEAUFORD(1978 model RR Kit car) and a FORD A model which originally belonged to a doctor in ALWAYE.
He has got a Baroda registered austin7 also.Most of his cars are having diesel engines(especially the american cars like chevrolet,DODGE etc)
If my info is correct there is only one FORD T in Kerala and that is in Trivandrum

Yep, i second what ajay says here, the claimed Rolls is a Beauford Kit car which i believe has an isuzu 1800 engine or something. The Ford is a model A, and he does not have any Muscle cars. He has a dodge kingsway and a plymouth Savoy IIRC. Both are diesels.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:39   #243
BHPian

[quote=ajay99;2151643]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjit View Post

dear renjit,
Hai Ajay, this info i got from his relative who i thought is reliable. ok. can you pls clarify what exactly is this BEAUFORD and RR kit. and how can i get one like this or a bentley?
Old 25th November 2010, 18:20   #244
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Renjit;2152153]
Quote:

Hai Ajay, this info i got from his relative who i thought is reliable. ok. can you pls clarify what exactly is this BEAUFORD and RR kit. and how can i get one like this or a bentley?
You cannot get a Kit car in INDIA as far as I know.These were available in UK,USA etc. This particular beauford belonged to a European based in Coonoor and the present owner bought it for a ridiculous price of Rs.8lakhs in 2001 .Beaufords dont have much value as per my info.
Old 6th December 2010, 00:28   #245
Senior - BHPian

Woody !

AFA my knowledge is concerned this is the only amby woody in Kerala.

Inviting corrections up on this
Attached Thumbnails
Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-woody-1.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-woody-2.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-woody-3.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-woody-4.jpg  

Old 6th December 2010, 18:58   #246
Senior - BHPian

Amby woody

is this for sale and its an original woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post

Old 7th December 2010, 08:18   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
is this for sale and its an original woody
Foby,
This is not the only Landmaster Woody Traveller in Trivandrum,leave alone Kerala.
and aniruddh, this just has the body everything else is changed(engine,steering,dash).
There is a fully original,genuine Landmaster woody in Kerala, but whether the owner will sell it,one has to enquire.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...tml#post800089

Last edited by ajay99 : 7th December 2010 at 08:20.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:17   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Foby,
This is not the only Landmaster Woody Traveller in Trivandrum,leave alone Kerala.
and aniruddh, this just has the body everything else is changed(engine,steering,dash).
There is a fully original,genuine Landmaster woody in Kerala, but whether the owner will sell it,one has to enquire.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...tml#post800089
Thank you for sharing the link Ajay , The other woody looks fabulous !
Old 14th December 2010, 01:53   #249
Senior - BHPian

Re: Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar

might be a repetition I guess , its worth sharing here
Attached Thumbnails
Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-v-1.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-v-2.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-v-3.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-v-4.jpg  

Old 28th December 2010, 01:49   #250
BHPian

Chevy Station wagon

happened to see on TV a 1962 Chevy Station wagon (KLH-777) owned by someone in trivandrum,and its been claimed as the only car in India

car looked like this,with brown and cream colour combo,can any share info on the history of this car

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-1962_chevrolet_bel_air_impala_station_wagon_rear_1.jpg
Old 28th December 2010, 10:20   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Chevy Station wagon

happened to see on TV a 1962 Chevy Station wagon (KLH-777) owned by someone in trivandrum,and its been claimed as the only car in India

car looked like this,with brown and cream colour combo,can any share info on the history of this car

Attachment 473666
The car mentioned here is a CHEVROLET HEARSEWAGON which was originally from Trichur ,now owned by a KSRTC driver and is located in the suburbs of Trivandrum.All the stuff he has claimed about in TV is a pack of "'white lies''(sportswagon, California rally winner", only one in INDIA,etc).He bought this car for Rs.70000/- from a Timber dealer in 2008 .
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2010, 12:59   #252
BHPian

Quote:
The car mentioned here is a CHEVROLET HEARSEWAGON which was originally from Trichur ,now owned by a KSRTC driver and is located in the suburbs of Trivandrum.All the stuff he has claimed about in TV is a pack of "'white lies''(sportswagon, California rally winner", only one in INDIA,etc).He bought this car for Rs.70000/- from a Timber dealer in 2008 .

I think its heart been transplanted too.....I have seen this car
Old 28th December 2010, 13:24   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
I think its heart been transplanted too.....I have seen this car
if you mean,the engine, I am not sure,but in all probabilty it could have been dieselised,because the owner has no love lost for originality
Old 28th December 2010, 13:40   #254
BHPian

Quote:
if you mean,the engine, I am not sure,but in all probabilty it could have been dieselised,because the owner has no love lost for originality
I agree with you, the owner has no love for originality.
Does he also have an Morris and a Austin ?

The interior are so much intact including handles and door stopper etc. The rear seats can be folded inside a compartment so entire rear portion can be used for recreation purpose......good designed car though. Sorry no pictures taken at that time.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:18   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
I agree with you, the owner has no love for originality.
Does he also have an Morris and a Austin ?

The interior are so much intact including handles and door stopper etc. The rear seats can be folded inside a compartment so entire rear portion can be used for recreation purpose......good designed car though. Sorry no pictures taken at that time.
he has an AUSTIN A40,no Morris.
You are partially correct regarding the foldable seats but the purpose is not at all ''RECREATION'' ....
i repeat,it is a ""HEARSEWAGON"" and the tail gate is not opening type and the rear glass can be winded fully down.

Most Viewed