Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-2.html)

restoring the legend , the tail lamps look wacky

tail lamps looks like from some jeep or something.

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1188221)
Long live Italy , commonly spotted in thrissur. I dont know the model name and other details.

KLT 3128 is a 1935 made car as per the following:

.: Kerala Motor Vehicles Department :. REGISTRATION DETAILS

.: Kerala Motor Vehicles Department :. REGISTRATION DETAILS

the newest addition the ford left hand , 4x4 military

Found these 2 beauties in Cannanore (Kannur)
An Austin 7, which starts with front cranking and an Fiat Bellela (???), both looked 1930's, very good condition and mechanically sounds great.
Fiat has Vacuum wiper and working !!!!

"NOT FOR SALE"

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1188221)
Long live Italy , commonly spotted in thrissur. I dont know the model name and other details.

What a sweet Fiat! the head lights seem to be too large for the scale of the car, any comments?

Girish, these cars have bee posted by me before. The garage owner literally lives for these two beauties, And loves it when anybody questions him about it. Real nice cars, and well loved for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1189351)
The garage owner literally lives for these two beauties,

agree:, he loves the car so much, he starts the cars every day and loves to speak about the repairs he done and the parts he sourced.
I visited him 3 times.

sweet findings , the head lamps are gorgeous

I think the fiat is a balilla :)

Girish, was searching for this thread after spotting exactly those two cars in Kannur last week. But I had no camera. The cars loked soooo lovely. I was searching for a shop which closes at 5.30, and the time was 5.25PM already. I was almost running, and then see these two cars. I stopped, saw the owner, smiled, and decided to talk to him while on way back, after finishing my business. On way back, the whole shop was untreaceable. (not faimilar with Fort Road).

Is this place between Railway station and SBI or after the SBI?

yes it is a ballela fiat saloon.regd noKLC-700
also here are some other classics from travancore

herald 4 door sold to a mechanic for just Rs.11000/-with valid papers

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 1189854)
Girish, was searching for this thread after spotting exactly those two cars in Kannur last week. But I had no camera. The cars loked soooo lovely. I was searching for a shop which closes at 5.30, and the time was 5.25PM already. I was almost running, and then see these two cars. I stopped, saw the owner, smiled, and decided to talk to him while on way back, after finishing my business. On way back, the whole shop was untreaceable. (not faimilar with Fort Road).

Is this place between Railway station and SBI or after the SBI?

I think its before the SBI, when you come out of the railway station, turn left for about 150mtrs and turn right (main road), after 300-400mtrs, before the cantonment school, this workshop lies on the left side, pretty old workshop with no name board, rusty doors with two beasts inside :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 1189856)
yes it is a ballela fiat saloon.regd noKLC-700
also here are some other classics from travancore

Sorry Ajay.....wrong reg Number :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 1189876)
herald 4 door sold to a mechanic for just Rs.11000/-with valid papers

And it's obviously him who's buggered it up, especially the tail-fins! What a pity!! :Frustrati

Of course, 4-door Heralds don't command much value...nor do Gazels. But still...!

The STANDARD lettering on the bootlid looks nice- I wish stampro (Madras) had thought of this on some of their later cars. But it should've occured to the owner to fit it either above or below the no. plate light! :deadhorse