Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 23:51   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
Then Tell him to give me the Shell hehehe , as i have everything else . Thanks for the Info buddy.
Instead of requesting to give, offer him a deal and you may have a Study. Very few cars have been "given" away, and many unfortunately landed up as junk in the Ahmedabad driving school complex

harit (no cheers being an enthusiast)
Old 2nd October 2012, 07:27   #647
Senior - BHPian

Met a 1942 Model Morgan at Vagamon last week end.
Attached Thumbnails
Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-met-1942-model-morgan-vagamon.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2012, 08:44   #648
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Met a 1942 Model Morgan at Vagamon last week end.
Is this a replica or a genuine Morgan? Do you have more pictures of this car?
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:13   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Is this a replica or a genuine Morgan? Do you have more pictures of this car?
Guess its a replica but not sure about the specs. Also seeing the registration details I will stick more on to that its a replica. but I was told its a 1942 Model Morgan. Didnt get much time to fan more on it. As I was in middle of a weekend bash.
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:17   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Guess its a replica but not sure about the specs. Also seeing the registration details I will stick more on to that its a replica. but I was told its a 1942 Model Morgan. Didnt get much time to fan more on it. As I was in middle of a weekend bash.
Foby, this is actually a Premier 118 NE. Belongs to my friend's uncle. He bought it for 30K and spent 6.5L to make it a classic Morgan.

- Jose
josejoseph is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:23   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Instead of requesting to give, offer him a deal and you may have a Study. Very few cars have been "given" away, and many unfortunately landed up as junk in the Ahmedabad driving school complex

harit (no cheers being an enthusiast)
By "Give" i meant sell ofcourse. i dont see people giving off their vintage cars for free.

I have inquired about the Sale price for the ENTIRE Stude, and u wont believe what the owner is asking for the Entire Car which only has the Original Body and chassis. Its more than what a person with a reasonably original car will ask for. So i was just kidding about him giving me the Shell which is the only Original thing on the car.
Shreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:35   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By "Give" i meant sell ofcourse. i dont see people giving off their vintage cars for free.

I have inquired about the Sale price for the ENTIRE Stude, and u wont believe what the owner is asking for the Entire Car which only has the Original Body and chassis. Its more than what a person with a reasonably original car will ask for. So i was just kidding about him giving me the Shell which is the only Original thing on the car.
yes shreeram,
You are fully correct. would you believe that this guy was asking Rs.2 million for this shell 4 months backo
On another note if he comes to know that you have everything else to make it an original car,I am sure he is going to ask more than what he would have otherwise settled for ,because he knows your objective!!
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:44   #653
Senior - BHPian

irrelevant to the thread but thought of sharing the vagamon kit car here for refrence.

Thank you Jose for confirming. will you be able to get more details ?

I managed to get few more snaps from my friends mobile camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-1.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-2.jpg  

foby.sebastian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:52   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
yes shreeram,
You are fully correct. would you believe that this guy was asking Rs.2 million for this shell 4 months backo
On another note if he comes to know that you have everything else to make it an original car,I am sure he is going to ask more than what he would have otherwise settled for ,because he knows your objective!!

How will he come to know ? Is he on the Forum by any chance ?

And anyways there is no point in buying the car for lakhs of rupees just for the shell and interiors. Just my opinion, some may buy it and make a original car, If i decide not to restore the current body on the stude, I will use it to make a nice T bucket hotrod with a V8.. niceee.. hehehe

Last edited by Shreeram : 2nd October 2012 at 11:57.
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:15   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How will he come to know ? Is he on the Forum by any chance ?

And anyways there is no point in buying the car for lakhs of rupees just for the shell and interiors. Just my opinion, some may buy it and make a original car, If i decide not to restore the current body on the stude, I will use it to make a nice T bucket hotrod with a V8.. niceee.. hehehe
he is not on the forum,but his friends maybe there,and you know,word spreads around.
Old 2nd October 2012, 18:11   #656
Senior - BHPian

bike time again ! one more snap of 195X AJS restored to Factory manual by a vetran
Attached Thumbnails
Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-ajs.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2012, 19:07   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
bike time again ! one more snap of 195X AJS restored to Factory manual by a vetran
Is this the AJS which is owned by a former Bank employee from Trivandrum?.
I dont know anything about bikes,but a friend who is a vintage bike enthusiast, says this bike is not in mechanically good condition.

Last edited by ajay99 : 2nd October 2012 at 19:09.
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 18:10   #658
R.G
BHPian

Couldn't resist sharing this. Apologies up front if this post is off-topic or of no use.

I am a silent follower of this thread and it always brings back memories of an old car I used to see as a student back in 96-97.

It was a large car , IIRC it was light blue , unused and parked in front of an old house. This house is near Champakara bridge , before Pettah when you come from Cochin towards Thripunithura.

Always or rather everyday I used to admire this majestic car and I never knew why I liked that car so much.

After so many years I happened to take the same road last weekend and it is gone now.I saw a Safari parked in front of the same house ( 4th or 5th house from the river).

I know there isn't much details that I have provided, still , any info on this car ?
R.G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 18:39   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
Couldn't resist sharing this. Apologies up front if this post is off-topic or of no use.

I am a silent follower of this thread and it always brings back memories of an old car I used to see as a student back in 96-97.

It was a large car , IIRC it was light blue , unused and parked in front of an old house. This house is near Champakara bridge , before Pettah when you come from Cochin towards Thripunithura.

Always or rather everyday I used to admire this majestic car and I never knew why I liked that car so much.

After so many years I happened to take the same road last weekend and it is gone now.I saw a Safari parked in front of the same house ( 4th or 5th house from the river).

I know there isn't much details that I have provided, still , any info on this car ?
There used to be a Cadillac in Tripunithara till about 10 years ago.Hope you are not talking about it.?
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 02:14   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post

Oh man, thanks for bringing back old memory. As a kid I used to pass this place almost daily but IIRC, I used to see a Standard 2000 and then a Tata Estate. Later on came the Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
There used to be a Cadillac in Tripunithara till about 10 years ago.Hope you are not talking about it.?
Do you have more details of this car and location in Tripunithura? I used to see a Beetle near Varma Clinic and a Standard 10 near Kannankulangara temple. And I'm pretty sure that both these cars are still running.

-- Jose
josejoseph is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks