Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by msaudf (Post 3028558)
Is'nt our Hindustan Ambassador actually a Morris Oxford?
So i think this was the one that came after the Ambassador. it looks more modern than our Amby.

There is one Morris Mini Moke in Trivandrum. I saw it drive away once from Trivandrum Tennis Club. Its in super mint condition. Before i could get my camera on the gentleman drove away. it started in half a crank of the starter motor!!

Ambassador is indeed a Morris Oxford series 2.
The Morris Mini Moke has already been discussed in this thread.It belongs to a national Tennis Coach and hence you see it in front of tennis club.
Of course the brakes etc have been modified to suit the present day traffic conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msaudf (Post 3028558)
Is'nt our Hindustan Ambassador actually a Morris Oxford?
So i think this was the one that came after the Ambassador. it looks more modern than our Amby.

Yes you're right about that, the Amby was based on the M'Oxford series 3 of the 50s. Whereas this Oxford is the far more appealing (IMHO) Farina designed Series VI of the 60s. While HM stopped with the Series 3 design, BMC went on to design the revolutionary, fresh series V Oxford with sharp lines and high tail-fins in 1959. Replaced by the 'toned-down' final model, the Oxford VI in 1961-62, it remained in production until around 1970 IIRC. These cars were not only appealing but also robust and were used as taxis in countries like Singapore, Malaysia etc. until the late 70s.
No offence to Amby fans but if only HM had decided to be a little more 'progressive' and went on with the 'Farina' designs, the Amby would've been all the more appealing, and to some extent, worth the prices plus the eternally long post-booking waiting periods from HM that buyers had to endure those days!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 3028913)
No offence to Amby fans but if only HM had decided to be a little more 'progressive' and went on with the 'Farina' designs, the Amby would've been..

That can be something to disagree with. We can see that almost all of the sharp-line designs failed to survive while the likes of Mini, Amby & Beetle went on. Also, there are examples such as PT cruiser,SSR and the likes. Almost all of these are bulbous or curvy designs. These definitely look better than some modern designs though. Can't really reason this trend effectively or it might be the space advantages, but it's always there right in front of our eyes.

An Austin Cambridge from Palghat. Was up for sale sometime ago
price was not in tune with reality. Not aware of present location.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 3031631)
An Austin Cambridge from Palghat. Was up for sale sometime ago
price was not in tune with reality. Not aware of present location.

Is that ex thrissur car ?

Buick Super at the Ravi Karunakaram Memorial Museum, Alappuzha

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-revi_karunakaran_museum.jpg

Source : http://enchantingkerala.org/kerala-m...ran_museum.jpg

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 3033175)
Buick Super at the Ravi Karunakaram Memorial Museum, Alappuzha

Attachment 1047216

Source : http://enchantingkerala.org/kerala-m...ran_museum.jpg

Cheers

KPS

Thats one wonderfull car inside that museum. For past 3 years I used to pass this museum twice per week and my bad i didn't get a chance to visit the Ravi Karunakaram Memorial Museum.

Thank you KPS sir for this post, my next day time jounery through aleppy will make sure that the detailed snaps of this wonderfull Buick is covered and updated here.

1946 Ausin under restoration @ thrissur

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3033551)
1946 Ausin under restoration @ thrissur

With the fenders off, this car looks tempting enough to be a hot-rod! ;)

Although of course I hope it is restored to originality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 3033968)
With the fenders off, this car looks tempting enough to be a hot-rod! ;)

Although of course I hope it is restored to originality.

that can be a tempting hot rod make over.

is that a fake snap ?

Sree Narayanaguru / Gurudevan 's chariot at old times.

Is this a Pre-1928 car? I doubt it. Can't be Narayana Guru as he died that year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3032208)
Is that ex thrissur car ?

I dont know.This photo was forwarded to me by a friend in Kottayam

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 3034482)
I dont know.This photo was forwarded to me by a friend in Kottayam

I have seen the same car at thrissur at many places hardly 2 years back and came to know that it was sold.

An original Austin A35 which was in daily use till last year.