Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1654192)
Check out the snaps of the Morris which was unloded from a North Indian Lorry , snapped at edappally bye pass

This car was bought by one guy from Thiruvalla.This was mentioned to me by a scrap dealer whom he had approached for spares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishorelal (Post 1685452)
This car was bought by one guy from Thiruvalla.This was mentioned to me by a scrap dealer whom he had approached for spares.

Is he planning to restore it , Can you get more updates about the car ?

Why was that car unloded at edappally ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1685948)
Is he planning to restore it , Can you get more updates about the car ?

Why was that car unloded at edappally ?

Obviously,he can only do that because he paid a stupid price for that rusty car!!! why unloaded at edapally,I dont know.

Saw an ad in malayala manorama for sale of Hillmanminnx with a tamilnadu number in kochi.
asking price was 2lacs

Saw this one on road near to Jubilie mission Medical college thrissur. It broke down after I took this snap !!!

Guess that red n black morris convertible is a lady driven, used everyday to drop her kids to school. Too bad it broke down. My condolences, to any V & C that breaks down.

Check out the Ford fairline , one of my friend bought it and it is under restoration now.

We are looking for a v8 engine for this one can any one help ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1696882)
Check out the Ford fairline , one of my friend bought it and it is under restoration now.

Yes an engine is available. Send me a PM with your email id.

Cheers harit

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 1697150)
Yes an engine is available. Send me a PM with your email id.

Cheers harit

Thank you I have sent it across. Actually we are looking for a engine with gear box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 1189856)
yes it is a ballela fiat saloon.regd noKLC-700
also here are some other classics from travancore

Those meters resemble the old HM Mark II OHV ones. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong !

Was this car in Madras ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1696882)

Quote:

Originally Posted by murcielago (Post 1702952)
Those meters resemble the old HM Mark II OHV ones. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong !

I think you are mentioning about the MORRIS OXFORD meters.
First of all ,let me inform you all ambassadors from late59 onwards had OHV engines.And mark2 never came with sidevalve so there is no nomenclature/badging like mK2 OHV.
These meters do have a resemblance to the LANDMASTER meters ,not MK2
also MK2 meters from 1965 were not smiths but yenkay ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasli (Post 1703646)
Was this car in Madras ?

hi aniruddh,
I think this car is an original kerala car which was lying unused in a estate bungalow in Kothamangalam. seems like the fat gentleman in the photo is the owner

Check out the Morris Cabrio , They ruined the vehicle !!!

there is no Morris cabrio as far as I know,you probably meant MM tourer.
by the looks of it , it is a sedan cut to make a tourer version