Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-9.html)

The Amby Pedigree , spotted near Prof. P. C. Thomas classes

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1582896)
Check out some oldies spotted in kerala , the very old one is a fairline I guess , but the other one is .........ha I dont know .

Photos recived from my friend

This is Dodge Kingsway deluxe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renjit (Post 1931848)
This is Dodge Kingsway deluxe

it is a KLT-3096 number car which originally came from a hospital owner in rural trivandrum

Check these oldies. found this near Chenganur in a garage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1924633)

This is Hindustan Major (14) year 1953-54 approx....

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1924633)

Followed by Morris major.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renjit (Post 1934277)
This is Hindustan Major (14) year 1953-54 approx....

renjit,
there is no car called Hindustan Major .The Hindustan14 is the INDIAN VERSION of MORRIS OXFORD MO and it was available in INDIA from 1949 to 1954.
this was not followed by Morris Major but Landmaster in INDIA and Morris Oxford series1 in UK.
Morris Major /Austin Lancer/Wolseley 1500/Riley One-Point-Five all shared the same core design and was produced from 1958 to 1963 .

What make is that blue station wagon

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 1934462)

I think it's a Plymouth wagon........

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishorelal (Post 1934400)
renjit,
there is no car called Hindustan Major .The Hindustan14 is the INDIAN VERSION of MORRIS OXFORD MO and it was available in INDIA from 1949 to 1954.
this was not followed by Morris Major but Landmaster in INDIA and Morris Oxford series1 in UK.
Morris Major /Austin Lancer/Wolseley 1500/Riley One-Point-Five all shared the same core design and was produced from 1958 to 1963 .

Thanks for the correction mate...........

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 1934462)

I think it is a 1950's Plymouth station wagon (not sure)

Bought the above three cars from the garage guy for 10 Lks rs. guys please give me ur view abt the deal. Is it ok or a bit more.

1951 Plymouth wagon with a Nissan diesel engine good condition, some body work and painting.
1967 Mercedes d200- body work done, needs painting and engine to be flushed and timing belt to be changed.
1959 Cheverolet Impala good condition. Hood need to be replaces.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 1696882)
Check out the Ford fairline , one of my friend bought it and it is under restoration now.

We are looking for a v8 engine for this one can any one help ?

Please post some more clear photos of the car. Is it currently under restoration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renjit (Post 1936865)

The Chevy pictured is a 1960 model, not 1959. Is it an original convertible? If so, thats a desirable car to have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1936998)
The Chevy pictured is a 1960 model, not 1959. Is it an original convertible? If so, thats a desirable car to have.

No it's not an original convertable. the previous owner was giving this car for barath and film shootings. so he just made it like this. it's a 4 door saloon.

[
Quote:

Bought the above three cars from the garage guy for 10 Lks rs. guys please give me ur view abt the deal. Is it ok or a bit more.

Quote:

1951 Plymouth wagon with a Nissan diesel engine good condition, some body work and painting.
1967 Mercedes d200- body work done, needs painting and engine to be flushed and timing belt to be changed.

Please post some more clear photos of the car. Is it currently under restoration.

In my personal opinion considering the present condition of the cars I think you have definitely overpaid by few lakhs.

Quote:

I really worry that you overpaid !!

The fair line is still under restoration