Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 20:44   #61
BHPian

Re: Dr Vijay Mallya's Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
And Mr. Mallya has a similar one along with an FMR. Then there is one in Orissa, Goa, Mumbai and Gwalior, only wonder where some of them are presently housed.

Cheers harit
The Goa one, last I heard (about a year back) was undergoing complete body restoration. The Mumbai one should be back on the road as it was missing few parts, which i believe have now been procured. No clue about the Orissa as well as the Gwalior one. Believe there is one in Assam too and ofcourse the Delhi one which is pictured in this forum, else where too.
Old 21st February 2011, 21:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
The Goa one, last I heard (about a year back) was undergoing complete body restoration. The Mumbai one should be back on the road as it was missing few parts, which i believe have now been procured. No clue about the Orissa as well as the Gwalior one. Believe there is one in Assam too and ofcourse the Delhi one which is pictured in this forum, else where too.
The Gwalior one can be seen at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...e-gwalior.html
Old 18th October 2011, 11:50   #63
Team-BHP Support

If this news piece is to be believed:

Quote:
. The first four floors, along with two floors in the basement, have been reserved for car parking. While each resident would be getting around 3- 5 car parks, Mallya gets to have a car park area that can accommodate around 100 cars. Mallya will also have a designated area where he will be showcasing his collection of vintage cars.

Would be a great sight if opened to public.
Old 17th August 2013, 21:46   #64
BHPian

A picture to cheer up the old boy's thread. His VT-VJM ACJ319 which was earlier grounded along with kingfisher flights, has now taken back to the skies.
Attached Thumbnails
Dr Vijay Mallya's Collection-.facebook_205941732_20130508004037393.jpg  

Old 15th November 2013, 18:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
BTW, the vintage BMW's were cars or bikes? I believe neither, but we never really know. There are very few vintage BMW cars in India.
From what I remember I saw 2 Isettas, one red and one blue. Not sure if both had the BMW badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
The Mumbai one should be back on the road as it was missing few parts, which I believe have now been procured.
Are you talking of the same car ? Pics clicked in Bombay, although its carries GJ registration.
Old 15th November 2013, 18:13   #66
BHPian

Re: Vijay Mallya's 550 RS Spyder at Pebble Beach 2010

Came across a post on Jalopnik which states that a company which makes the 550 Spyder replicas, have used Mallya's car for the original dimensions. Heck, it costs $320,000 even for a replica.
Old 29th August 2016, 14:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

Vijay Mallya's vintage cars a hit among bidders

Quote:
This auction linked to Vijay Mallya was quite unlike the previous ones. Amid the struggle by a consortium of banks to sell off the assets of his now-defunct Kingfisher Airlines, bidders last week jostled to grab the beleaguered tycoon's collection of vintage cars.

Global liquor giant Diageo controlled United Spirits Ltd put 30 of Mallya's vintage cars on the block, six months after he stepped down as its chairman Among the beauties was a 1903 Humber, said to be the oldest running car in the country.

The online auction, on August 25, turned out to be an action-packed marathon session, with organiser Quippo Valuers and Auctioneers letting it continue till 4 am the next day. "It just kept getting extended by blocks of 10 minutes each due to continued bidding," said a source.

Sources said the auction was the first of its kind in the country. But United Spirits has retained the rights to cancel the sale even after successful bidding, adding to the anxiety of the highest bidders. The final decision will be announced in a day or two, said the source.
Vijay Mallya's 1903 Humber

Dr Vijay Mallya's Collection-579193830.jpg

Article: http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...dders/53908909

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks