Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 18:47   #1
Team-BHP Support

Pre-Event discussion: India’s First International Concours D’Elegance

In the time of the Raj, the ruling families of India bought the finest cars in the world in astounding numbers. They also tasked the world’s coachbuilders and designers to create lavish (and often highly eccentric) special commissions – and yet India has never hosted an international Concours d’Elegance. Until now.

On the weekend of 31st October to 2nd November, the Royal Western India Turf Club in Mumbai will host the Cartier ‘Travel With Style’ Concours. The magnificent automobiles on display, owned by Indian royalty and private collectors, have never been exhibited on an international stage before – and many have never even been shown in India.

more here
Old 1st August 2008, 18:48   #2
BHPian

Cartier "Travel with Style" Concours (Mumbai) 31/10/2008 - 02/11/2008

For your information....

India's first International Concours D'elegance to be held at the Royal Western India Turf Club.

More details here:

India’s First International Concours D’Elegance - Classic Driver - MAGAZINE - events

Anyone here going? If so please take lots of pics
Old 1st August 2008, 18:52   #3
Team-BHP Support

Looks like we posted within a minute of each other!
Old 1st August 2008, 18:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh great, it finally official. Expect this to be a truly world class experience, by invitation only.

Im pleasantly surprised that 64 cars will be there, I assumed that figure to have been much lower.
Old 1st August 2008, 19:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Very very interesting!! So who's going to be the photographer for us?? Karl?? Gogi bhai? Hemant sir?
Old 1st August 2008, 20:48   #6

FINALLY!!!! I was talking to dad about this yesterday itself. Can other people participate too or is it just for the snobs???
Old 1st August 2008, 21:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
On the weekend of 31st October to 2nd November, the Royal Western India Turf Club in Mumbai will host the Cartier ‘Travel With Style’ Concours. The magnificent automobiles on display, owned by Indian royalty and private collectors, have never been exhibited on an international stage before – and many have never even been shown in India.
Yes I do plan to go as a guest of one of the big collectors in the country. Will most definately click the pictures of the event and share will all. Am already very excited.
Old 1st August 2008, 22:37   #8
Jay
BHPian

This is going to be interesting... But we need to wait till Oct...
Old 2nd August 2008, 18:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Do We need to buy a cartier product to get a invite?
Old 2nd August 2008, 20:27   #10

Does anyone know how one can get invited to this or if we can participate ourselves??? I would love to Display MRY 3112!!
Old 6th August 2008, 14:59   #11
BHPian

Car entries by invite only
Old 27th August 2008, 22:40   #12

Since my other topic was closed, I will post the same questions here.

I am planning a trip to India (Mumbai to be precise) for the First Concours d'Elegance. Is it correct that there is no website for this event? I can only find this article India’s First International Concours D’Elegance - Classic Driver - MAGAZINE - events

Because that event only takes 3 days, I want to spend my time in India, visiting others car-events as well.
Does anyone have a sort of callendar with more events?
I find it hard to find any information about the classic-car-scene in India on the internet.

Thanks for your help,

Jeroen
Old 12th September 2008, 15:57   #13
BHPian

There is no website as yet for the event.

Doubt there are any events close to the Cartier one.
Regional clubs hold Rallies, but a single calendar will be difficult to find.

Maybe the active vintage car club members could help. Or you could directly contact the clubs
The Vintage and Classic Car Club of India - Vintage and Classic Car Club of India
Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club
Heritage Motoring Club of India, Delhi

Sorry dont have the contacts for the last two. Can anyone add them and other Clubs?
Old 12th September 2008, 17:30   #14
DKG
Senior - BHPian

It was but natural given the collection of fabulous automobiles in India that an event of this calibre was conceptualised and now becomes a reality. That Cartier is the sponsor only adds to the exclusivity.

I'm especially delighted to also note that the man behind this event is none other than Manvendra Singh. Of the little time I've spent with him during brief meetings over the years I know him to be a highly cultured, deeply passionate and, without a doubt, one with unrivalled exposure to the world of vintage cars in India. Cartier has the right man for the job and they really couldn't have done better. As the leading historian of vintage cars in India it is only apt that he selected the cars to participate.

From what I gather this event is not a one off show and will be held once every two years so we can all celebrate India's arrival on the world concours stage!
Old 12th September 2008, 18:20   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
There is no website as yet for the event.

Doubt there are any events close to the Cartier one.
Regional clubs hold Rallies, but a single calendar will be difficult to find.

Maybe the active vintage car club members could help. Or you could directly contact the clubs
The Vintage and Classic Car Club of India - Vintage and Classic Car Club of India
Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club
Heritage Motoring Club of India, Delhi

Sorry dont have the contacts for the last two. Can anyone add them and other Clubs?
I'm surprised you don't have (Heritage Motoring Club of India, Delhi) HMCI's contact details MustangMan. Folks, write to S.B.Jatti on the forum, for info on HMCI's activities. In fact he's already been proactive in posting one upcoming event later this month and will surely share whatever else is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
It was but natural given the collection of fabulous automobiles in India that an event of this calibre was conceptualised and now becomes a reality. That Cartier is the sponsor only adds to the exclusivity.

I'm especially delighted to also note that the man behind this event is none other than Manvendra Singh. Of the little time I've spent with him during brief meetings over the years I know him to be a highly cultured, deeply passionate and, without a doubt, one with unrivalled exposure to the world of vintage cars in India. Cartier has the right man for the job and they really couldn't have done better. As the leading historian of vintage cars in India it is only apt that he selected the cars to participate.

From what I gather this event is not a one off show and will be held once every two years so we can all celebrate India's arrival on the world concours stage!
So a special invite going out to DKG, MustangMan?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks