Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2012, 11:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes Benz Club-India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
A very nice gathering of Mercedes', their owners and their families!

Could we have some more pictures of the cars that attended, and if possible closeups?

During the so planned drive/ visit to the Mercedes factory, would Merc lovers/enthusiasts (being non merc owners) be allowed to join in?
Hi Kevin, I think most of these cars have been covered by various threads, I unfortunately did not focus my energies on photographing the cars too much. infact some of the cars left before I could photograph them. It was a very casual breakfast meet.But will certainly do so next time.

I am sure we can put your suggestion forth to the authorities at Chakan to organize a plant visit for non member/enthusiasts. Its really upto them. Some more pictures of newer cars, that don't interest me
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes Benz Club-India-dscn2104.jpg  

Old 8th April 2012, 11:58   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Some more pictures of newer cars, that don't interest me
The newer ones don't interest me either... but some large hearted ones ... they are exciting to take for a spin!

Thanks for the suggestion to the authorities in Chakan in advance.
Old 5th January 2013, 21:30   #78
BHPian

Hi Amol,
I want to be a member of this beautiful and esteemed club.

I have a 1983 W123 300D and have recently purchased a 1993 W124 300D. Please advice me. I am form Pune but currently in Delhi.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best regards.
Old 5th January 2013, 22:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars
Hi Amol,
I want to be a member of this beautiful and esteemed club.

I have a 1983 W123 300D and have recently purchased a 1993 W124 300D. Please advice me. I am form Pune but currently in Delhi.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best regards.
Hi how are you? good to hear that your Mercedes collection is growing, we will be happy to induct you In the club, we already have members from Pune. I will send you the details in the meanwhile do PM me your contact details email and mobile. We hope to start our Delhi and Bangalore chapter this year.

Meanwhile existing members our Id cards for this year are here from Stuttgart please arrange to have them collected.
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 22:49   #80
BANNED

Article in Open Magazine - http://www.openthemagazine.com/artic...erc-is-worship
Old 6th January 2013, 17:52   #81
BHPian

Nice article in OPEN. Amol, can a former 126 owner become a member? can non members join you guys? Does Sttugart help members with their restorations? I need help
Old 6th January 2013, 19:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji
Nice article in OPEN. Amol, can a former 126 owner become a member? can non members join you guys? Does Sttugart help members with their restorations? I need help
A yes to all your questions! Something that the article does not mention is that you can also become a ordinary member for Rs 3500/- and you don't have to own a Mercedes to become a member. The connection with Stuttgart is quite strong, Infact we have now inducted a certain new German speaking member who will regularly (hopefully) coordinate with them. I hope you know who i am talking about ;-)

Basically a member from india is considered a member of the international Mercedes Benz club today and enjoys all the privileges of a member from say some of the German and UK clubs.

I must give it to the German club though they have been really encouraging and sending things like Id cards magazines etc free of cost to really get us going, that too without charge. You will be amazed that the club actually has a charter, proper list of members, audited accounts etc just as mandated by the international MB club. Just needs some enthusiasm and little more dedication from the members and Mercedes Benz. India.

Another thing I am not sure if you've noticed but our club is not about any particular person or centred around any singular collection. We are more about the brand and the club as a group.

Finally I am sure you'll get all the help you need from classic centre, they have a fabulous facility for vintage and classics including a 30% discount on parts. You should make a trip there you'll love it!

Last edited by the mole : 6th January 2013 at 19:35.
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2013, 20:45   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A yes to all your questions! Something that the article does not mention is that you can also become a ordinary member for Rs 3500/- and you don't have to own a Mercedes to become a member. The connection with Stuttgart is quite strong, Infact we have now inducted a certain new German speaking member who will regularly (hopefully) coordinate with them. I hope you know who i am talking about ;-)

Basically a member from india is considered a member of the international Mercedes Benz club today and enjoys all the privileges of a member from say some of the German and UK clubs.

I must give it to the German club though they have been really encouraging and sending things like Id cards magazines etc free of cost to really get us going, that too without charge. You will be amazed that the club actually has a charter, proper list of members, audited accounts etc just as mandated by the international MB club. Just needs some enthusiasm and little more dedication from the members and Mercedes Benz. India.

Another thing I am not sure if you've noticed but our club is not about any particular person or centred around any singular collection. We are more about the brand and the club as a group.

Finally I am sure you'll get all the help you need from classic centre, they have a fabulous facility for vintage and classics including a 30% discount on parts. You should make a trip there you'll love it!
Enrollment ? Details please.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:31   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Hi how are you? good to hear that your Mercedes collection is growing, we will be happy to induct you In the club, we already have members from Pune. I will send you the details in the meanwhile do PM me your contact details email and mobile. We hope to start our Delhi and Bangalore chapter this year.

Meanwhile existing members our Id cards for this year are here from Stuttgart please arrange to have them collected.
I am fine Amol! How about you? Both my vehicles were bought as a necessity. And incidently both are 300Ds! When I shifted to Delhi a year back I did not want to get my 123 here as I have trusted mechanics and support in Pune. Hence, I decided to buy a W124 and lucky enough to get a 300D. I will PM you my email address and cell no. Thanks again for your support. Looking forward to being part of this club and meeting you in person.
Old 21st January 2013, 12:27   #85
Senior - BHPian

The Mercedes Benz annual motorcade will be held on the 17th of February 2013 at 5:00 PM at Mumbai, it will be open to members and non-members alike who wish to participate with their cars. More information soon. Keep watching this space.
the mole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 21:17   #86
BHPian

Hi all,
I am new to the club. I just bought a 1985 merc 500Sel. Very well kept. I was looking for a 1991 or 1992 500sel but could not find any for sale in Delhi. It's a very well kept car. Will post pics soon.
Old 29th January 2013, 11:48   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings View Post
Hi all,
I am new to the club. I just bought a 1985 merc 500Sel. Very well kept. I was looking for a 1991 or 1992 500sel but could not find any for sale in Delhi. It's a very well kept car. Will post pics soon.
Congratulations! Please do post pics. We would love to see a well maintained SEL.
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 15:11   #88
Senior - BHPian

More details will follow in the comming days, but mercedes benz owners new and old please block the date
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes Benz Club-India-image.jpg  

the mole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 18:46   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More details will follow in the comming days, but mercedes benz owners new and old please block the date
Blocked and will be present
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 13:19   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Amol!
Unfortunately I am in Delhi and no leaves allowed by my boss.
Would have loved to be there.

Just a suggestion ... Amol. When the Chakan plant visit is organised, please let us know atleast a month in advance, I would surely like to be there to see how things happen.

Last edited by wartikars : 7th February 2013 at 13:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks