Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 17:45   #1
BHPian

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop

Hi Everyone,

Like my previous thread comprising of vintage cars getting restored at my Mamaji's garage, this is on similar lines. This thread comprises of the largest classic car collection anyone would own in India. This particular garage or should I say farm is owned by my dad's cousin in Delhi. There are approx 60-65 cars that are parked all around his 4.5 acre farm, out of which he owns approx 40-45 cars. Work is going on one at a time.

The vehicles that he has that the farm comprise of Studebakers, Merc's, Buick's, Cadillac's, Hudson's, Impala's, Pontiac's, Volvo's, Lincoln's, DeSoto's, Oldsmobile's, Chevy's etc.

Here are some pics that I am attaching.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-002.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-003.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-006.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-008.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-009.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-010.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-011.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-012.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-015.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-016.jpg  

Old 13th January 2009, 19:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to say but this looks more like a junk yard. I understand that it is not very to maintain these classics, but if a person can afford them, he should be capable to care for them as well.

- jag
Old 13th January 2009, 21:27   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Sorry to say but this looks more like a junk yard. I understand that it is not very to maintain these classics, but if a person can afford them, he should be capable to care for them as well.

- jag

Well I must say I could not post all the pics with have other classics getting restored. And yes where he got the vehicles was a junk yard, where they are now they surely will get restored. 60-65 vehicles cannot get fixed at one time in any garage.
Old 13th January 2009, 21:49   #4
BHPian

More Classics

here are few more pics !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-017.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-018.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-019.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-020.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-021.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-022.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-024.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-025.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-029.jpg  

Last edited by randeep04 : 13th January 2009 at 22:02.
Old 13th January 2009, 22:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Most of the cars in this place have been documented by me last year in another thread.
Old 13th January 2009, 22:16   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

All decaying and very neglected. These are bound to get weathered and lose all the grace they are supposed to have.Pitiable that the person in charge has not taken steps to restore these beauties.
Old 13th January 2009, 22:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
All decaying and very neglected. These are bound to get weathered and lose all the grace they are supposed to have.Pitiable that the person in charge has not taken steps to restore these beauties.
I could not post all the pics with have other classics getting restored. And yes where he got the vehicles was a junk yard, where they are now they surely will get restored. 60-65 vehicles cannot get fixed at one time in any garage.
Old 13th January 2009, 22:23   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
I could not post all the pics with have other classics getting restored. And yes where he got the vehicles was a junk yard, where they are now they surely will get restored. 60-65 vehicles cannot get fixed at one time in any garage.
Thats great and soothing to read randeep. Hope all these rotting beauties get the right beauty treatment.
Old 13th January 2009, 22:47   #9
BHPian

Restoration work in progress on Impala's, Buick's and Studebaker's.
Attached Thumbnails
A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-030.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-035.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-031.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-032.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-033.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-036.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-037.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-038.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-039.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-042.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-043.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-045.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-047.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-048.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-049.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-050.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-052.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-055.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-051.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-056.jpg  

Old 13th January 2009, 23:20   #10
BHPian

Lincoln's, Impala's, Pontiac's, Hudson's and DeSoto's
Attached Thumbnails
A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-060.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-059.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-058.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-057.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-062.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-063.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-064.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-069.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-067.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-073.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-071.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-078.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-077.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-074.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-075.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-076.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-079.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-080.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-085.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-082.jpg  

Old 14th January 2009, 00:03   #11
BHPian

Lots more to come, Oldsmobile, chevy's etc etc
Attached Thumbnails
A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-091.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-095.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-096.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-098.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-102.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-103.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-115.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-132.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-109.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-111.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-110.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-114.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-105.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-107.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-116.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-120.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-122.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-124.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-127.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-131.jpg  

Old 14th January 2009, 00:14   #12
BHPian

Just a few more vehicles that I could capture before my camera ran out of batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-135.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-138.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-144.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-146.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-145.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-148.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-151.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-156.jpg  

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop-dicky-taujis-collection-158.jpg  

Old 14th January 2009, 00:14   #13
BANNED

I am out of words, such a vast area strewn with all of the American cars ever produced.

He's doing a commendable job in restoring these beauties, May god give him courage, strength and loads of money in putting these beauties back on road

Get going Ranadeep, you've put a best of threads here on T-BHP
Old 14th January 2009, 00:22   #14
BHPian

How did they all end up here??

I mean, all these vehicles rolled in there one-by-one, right?

(Or did there exist an Indian version of Jay leno few decades back !!!)
Old 14th January 2009, 09:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Randeep sorry to burst your bubble, but none of these cars are from a collection but more of a transit camp, All of them are for sale. The place that they are parked has been visited by me many a times, but the prices of the cars are ridiculous for the conditions that they are in. So i would not call it a persons collection.

I met your Mamaji in Jaipur during my last visit and he was not very happy with the pictures being put on the net.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks