Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:36   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India

A 50's Studebaker is seen here in Delhi (probably under restoration or left mid way) -

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-imag0428.jpg
Old 4th November 2012, 12:05   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
A 50's Studebaker is seen here in Delhi (probably under restoration or left mid way)
If this was at the bunk on Hapur Bypass/NH 24 (Mayur Vihar), that Stude has a diesel plant, if I remember right. Belongs to the fuel station owner, who is the son of an ex-PM of India! Last I saw the car, a year or two ago, she was parked on the exit side and under wraps. So maybe, she's getting some attention now.
Prabal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 00:44   #303
Senior - BHPian

Re: Studebaker and Nash Cars in India

Quote:
A 50's Studebaker is seen here in Delhi (probably under restoration or left mid way) -

Attachment 1009727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
If this was at the bunk on Hapur Bypass/NH 24 (Mayur Vihar), that Stude has a diesel plant, if I remember right. Belongs to the fuel station owner, who is the son of an ex-PM of India! Last I saw the car, a year or two ago, she was parked on the exit side and under wraps. So maybe, she's getting some attention now.
Yes this car is in Mayur Vihar petrol pump where 2 Indian oil pumps are adjacent to each other. And the car indeed has got a diesel engine in it. The body was completely restored earlier this year by the owner in one of the garages inside the pump. Unfortunately one of the windshields are broken which is the main reason why the car hasn't been done up.
Old 14th November 2012, 19:15   #304
BHPian

Hi all,
I just aquired a 1956 V8 Studebaker President RHD in excellent condition, will post some pics soon.
moodswings is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 20:42   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
Hi all,
I just aquired a 1956 V8 Studebaker President RHD in excellent condition, will post some pics soon.
Nice cars to use and all the best !
Old 15th November 2012, 01:39   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings View Post
Hi all,
Congratulations on your new Acquisition. Did you buy this car in Delhi itself ? Is it Silver/grey with a black roof and WBE number?

Awaiting pics.

REgards

Indrojit
Old 28th November 2012, 17:58   #307
BHPian

I came across a Studebaker Commander a week ago in Jaipur. (Similar to the pic below. Similar color too. Had left my phone in my car... so no pics.)

It is a 'Bullet nose' model, which makes it from the 1950-51model year.(?)

The guy in the garage mentioned that it was for sale, but his father (the owner) would be able to quote the price, confirm the status of the papers etc.

It apparently has the original V8 and was a runner till a couple of years ago.

Location: a workshop on a lane leading from MI road. (The area has plenty of Jeep garages.)

* This pic is from @kasli 's previous post on this thread.

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-dscn2329.jpg
Old 30th November 2012, 15:18   #308
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1009727
From what I can see, this is an early 50s Stude Champion with a grill I like more than the later models. Hope it's restored nicely.
Old 13th December 2012, 00:11   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Congratulations on your new Acquisition. Did you buy this car in Delhi itself ? Is it Silver/grey with a black roof and WBE number?

Awaiting pics.

REgards

Indrojit
Apologize for the delay Indrojit, Yes it the same car. I will post the pics in a couple of weeks. The car is going through a Make up process. re-chroming all the chome parts. The Carb. is getting re-built. Tappet Gaskets getting replaced. Brake an suspension servicing and a few other things to get it to Class A resto.

Regards,
Preet

Quote:
Apologize for the delay Indrojit, Yes it the same car. I will post the pics in a couple of weeks. The car is going through a Make up process. re-chroming all the chome parts. The Carb. is getting re-built. Tappet Gaskets getting replaced. Brake an suspension servicing and a few other things to get it to Class A resto.

Regards,
Preet
Here are a couple of pics before the car went in for a makeover.
Attached Thumbnails
Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-1353771326_459084892_1picturesof1956studebakerpresident289v8.jpg  

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-1353771326_459084892_31956studebakerpresident289v8cars.jpg  

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-1353771326_459084892_41956studebakerpresident289v8vehicles.jpg  

Last edited by karlosdeville : 13th December 2012 at 09:14. Reason: Consecutive posts
moodswings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 00:38   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
From what I can see, this is an early 50s Stude Champion with a grill I like more than the later models. Hope it's restored nicely.
Prithvi, Its a 1955 Studebaker President. I have been seeing this car for the last 10years on a regular basis because i fill petrol from the very same pump. The car was black in color. Apart from the diesel engine and broken windshield a pretty intact car.

Here is a pic for ur reference of a 55 Studebaker president.

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-studebaker-president.jpg

Quote:
Here are a couple of pics before the car went in for a makeover.
Thanks for those pics preet. This car was originally Gramaphone Company's car. It was bought by my father from their auction and he did her up in the 90's. You would see his name on the original blue book of the car as the 2nd owner. The car then was bought by an australian who wanted to take her to australia but couldn't because of the export laws. The car ended up in bombay. After that sometime down the like Gogi (V16) bought her.Then the car moved to Delhi to Mr. Ranjit Mallik and where i believe it was for sale last.
The car came with an air conditioner fitted in it when my dad had bought her.
I have very fond memories of this car as i remember my earliest childhood memories in this car.

With your permission i would like to see this car if not a problem.

Here is a pic when this car was bought by my dad -

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-untitled5.jpg

Here is how she used to look after being done up. These pictures are actually scanned. I have the hard copy pics with me.

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-untitled1.jpg

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-untitled2.jpg

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-untitled3.jpg

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-untitled4.jpg

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-stude-president-1.jpg

Studebaker and Nash Cars in India-stude-president-2.jpg

Congratulations on your new ride
IndrojitSircar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 00:42   #311
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Preet
Quote:
Thanks for those pics preet. This car was originally Gramaphone Company's car. It was bought by my father from their auction and he did her up in the 90's. You would see his name on the original blue book of the car as the 2nd owner. The car then was bought by an australian who wanted to take her to australia but couldn't because of the export laws. The car ended up in bombay. After that sometime down the like Gogi (V16) bought her.Then the car moved to Delhi to Mr. Ranjit Mallik and where i believe it was for sale last.
The car came with an air conditioner fitted in it when my dad had bought her.
I have very fond memories of this car as i remember my earliest childhood memories in this car.

With your permission i would like to see this car if not a problem.
Sure Indrojit, I wll let you know when its back and then we can hemeet up someplace. The world sure is small when it comes to Studes

Last edited by karlosdeville : 13th December 2012 at 09:20. Reason: Removing entire quote
Old 13th December 2012, 00:49   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure Indrojit, I wll let you know when its back and then we can hemeet up someplace. The world sure is small when it comes to Studes

Sure i am based in Delhi. I believe you stay in Gurgaon ? Where are you getting the car done ?
Old 13th December 2012, 11:55   #313
BHPian

Quote:

Here is a pic for ur reference of a 55 Studebaker president.

Attachment 1026488
I wish to get hands on such a seductress.
How much should that petrol pump stranded model will cost? Any idea guys.
I have no idea about vintages.
Also how much a 1954 Plymouth Belvedere would cost?

Indrojit sir where is our workshop? Have you shifted it to Delhi?
Old 13th December 2012, 20:29   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Sure i am based in Delhi. I believe you stay in Gurgaon ? Where are you getting the car done ?
Hi, yeah i am in gurgaon, sector 57 I had a guy in Noida who used restore my cars, however since its on the other end of the universe from where i am so, after asking a lot of Vintage car owners i was suggested Mr. Bahadur Singh in Mehrauli. He seems to be good and knows what he is doing. Also, Indroit if you know someone who wants to sell a Good Beetle or a !963 to !965 Impala V8 Please Let me know.

Last edited by moodswings : 13th December 2012 at 20:31.
Old 2nd February 2014, 00:24   #315
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mistake

This car should be up and running in a month or so. Saw the interior and seat work being done today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Spotted this 1937 Studebaker President tucked away in an alley in Mumbai . Could not trace the owner of the car or the numbers to locate the area where the car came from.
The car looks very restorable and also the dash looks like it has everything in place.
Quote:
The car is indeed has alot of potential. Do you have a side view pic of the car? The other thing i wanted to know is that does this car have space for the side mount spare wheels?
Yes, the car does have mountings for the spare wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Very nice car indeed. There was an identical car in white and orange posted recently.

This is one of the better looking streamlined Study bodies and has a neat gangster look to it if done right

Indrojit...it appears to have one side mount provision so maybe it has a matching one on the other side
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingArt View Post
Don't think it's a 1937 Studebaker President, But a 1935 Studebaker Dictator, has been on sale for a long time.

Here's a picture of the car on an earlier visit, sometime in 2008/9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
agree its the same car and a dictator not president
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks