Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 18:23   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
John, that is a Premier 118 NE, based on the Fiat 124 internationally. Lada built their version too in Russia, proved most successful for them.

The 118 NE sports a Nissan engine, hence the name NE I believe. Incidentally, this engine is loosely based on the archaic 1500cc B series engine from BMC, which we are familiar with on our very own Ambassador.
Years back Lada tried to crack the N.A. market, cars were very cheap and so was their quality, still see a few 4x4 at some of the "Cruse Nights".

Appreciate the info and wanted to know if they were many around outside of Calcutta and were they considered collectable?
Old 30th March 2010, 18:54   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Appreciate the info and wanted to know if they were many around outside of Calcutta and were they considered collectable?
There are still quite a few around (they were made till the 90s and even offered with a Peugot diesel engine, renamed the Viceroy).

They aren't collectable just yet - but in due time everything becomes collectable!
Old 30th March 2010, 19:55   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this 1940's Rover in grey a few days back when I was in Kolkata. The scene is from Gariahat Road.Sorry for the picture quality-it always happens as my camera was in the bag and by the time I clicked the car went well past me.
KOLKATA - Daily Drivers found on the streets.-dsc05046.jpg
Old 30th March 2010, 23:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

How do I narrate the Morris Minor, a well kept car or a well decked up car!

No doubt a well kept car but in my view a over loved/loaded car (loads of new gen sports emblems) the car has got lot of new gen accessories amby's rear view mirrors plus two differet front fender mirrors, Beetle tail lamps, some new gen cars rear number plate light cover (above her regd plate) etc. Not offending the owner but could have kept it stock original or a period rallie car (external looks) the car would have been more valuable. Still can be possible.

Last but not the least I appreciate the owner for maintaining the car but running her as a daily commuter. Kudos.

Aha! the premier 118 NE stock original, such a fantastic car I feel even the new gen cars are a step low when compare with its spacious interiors, comfort. Excellently maintained car. Kudos to this aswell.

Last edited by chanu : 30th March 2010 at 23:57.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:25   #35
BHPian

Bumpu showed me this great Fiat 1100 that belongs to a friend currently living in Delhi. Hasn't been on the road for a few years but is ready and raring to go. Bumpu had done up the engine and I understand it is a "Tiger". Colour is stunning as well.
Attached Thumbnails
KOLKATA - Daily Drivers found on the streets.-img_6337.jpg  

KOLKATA - Daily Drivers found on the streets.-img_6331.jpg  

KOLKATA - Daily Drivers found on the streets.-img_6332.jpg  

KOLKATA - Daily Drivers found on the streets.-img_6336.jpg  

KOLKATA - Daily Drivers found on the streets.-img_6334.jpg  

KOLKATA - Daily Drivers found on the streets.-img_6333.jpg  

Last edited by john a milne : 11th April 2010 at 23:26.
Old 12th April 2010, 05:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bumpu showed me this great Fiat 1100 that belongs to a friend currently living in Delhi. Hasn't been on the road for a few years but is ready and raring to go. Bumpu had done up the engine and I understand it is a "Tiger". Colour is stunning as well.
Oh a millicento, can Bumpu Sircar also tell us the difference in this model and the Select which came just after that?
Old 12th April 2010, 08:48   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bumpu showed me this great Fiat 1100 that belongs to a friend currently living in Delhi.
A very complete car indeed! And also having the ultra-rare Millecento badge!!

The exhaust manifold looks somewhat different to me though- is it from an S1?
Old 12th April 2010, 10:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

That Fiatlooks like has cutom made headers on it in place of teh original exhaust mainfold. It would have sounded great I would think.

Also it appears to have a Weber carb too.

What do you mean by it being a 'tiger" ??
Old 12th April 2010, 14:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
That Fiatlooks like has cutom made headers on it in place of teh original exhaust mainfold. It would have sounded great I would think.

Wasif Bhaijaan,

Do you know the difference between this millicento and the Select that came just after this model.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Wasif Bhaijaan,

Do you know the difference between this millicento and the Select that came just after this model.

Well now that you mentioned it I might not know what are the exact differences but am open to hearing about them so please do say !
Old 12th April 2010, 17:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well now that you mentioned it I might not know what are the exact differences but am open to hearing about them so please do say !
Well I am on the same side as yours, so its over to other members on the forum.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Hopefully Bumpu can give the details on what work he did on the engine.
As I recall the pistons are 40,000 thou over, flywheel lighten and a free flow exhaust system which gives it a lot of "bark" and "bite". Not sure about the carb or other tuning details.
Old 25th May 2010, 23:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Saw this 1940's Rover in grey a few days back when I was in Kolkata. The scene is from Gariahat Road.Sorry for the picture quality-it always happens as my camera was in the bag and by the time I clicked the car went well past me.
Attachment 318869
Hi Anjan,

The car in this photograph isn't a Rover of the 40's but the Citroen 15/6 Restored at our garage.

I have attached a pic of the rear of the car so that you could understand clearly.
Attached Thumbnails
KOLKATA - Daily Drivers found on the streets.-dscf1868.jpg  

Old 26th May 2010, 10:14   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi Anjan,

The car in this photograph isn't a Rover of the 40's but the Citroen 15/6 Restored at our garage.

I have attached a pic of the rear of the car so that you could understand clearly.
The car posted by Anjan is no Citroen, but indeed a Rover, around 1947, grey colour. Probably owned by Ghosh, WBB regd.
Old 30th May 2010, 15:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The car posted by Anjan is no Citroen, but indeed a Rover, around 1947, grey colour. Probably owned by Ghosh, WBB regd.

Karl, i beg to differ but in this pic the car doesn't look like grey and neither is the number plate visible that you can say for sure it is WBB. And i would like to ask you who are you refering to as Ghosh ?In calcutta nearly every 4th person is a ghosh and there are many who onw vintage and classic cars.

Most Viewed