Senior - BHPian

is that whole lot of morris.!

Where is Ram Sir when we need him.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:05   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
is that whole lot of morris!
Nope, I see a couple of Morris Minors, A Renualt, a Fiat 500, 124 and 3 1100s, a Hillman Avenger (?), a Morris 10/4 or Hindusthan 10, a couple of Austins including a Mini, a Jeep and wagoneer, Ford Prefect, a Standard 10 and Herald, a Citroen Traction, a VW Beetle and Van and some more assorted miscellania.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 10th February 2009 at 14:07.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Nope, I see a couple of Morris Minors, A Renualt, a Fiat 500, 124 and 3 1100s, a Hillman Avenger (?), a Morris 10/4 or Hindusthan 10, a couple of Austins including a Mini, a Jeep and wagoneer, Ford Prefect, a Standard 10 and Herald, a Citroen Traction, a VW Beetle and Van and some more assorted miscellania.

and a Vauxhall (post11, 6th picture from top)

Aditya
Old 10th February 2009, 16:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Wow!! I remember reading about this person somewhere, I guess in TOI. Do u have any more pictures of the two wheelers sir?
I don't have any more photos and tried Pickloo email and web-site but both bounced, will call him and see if he has a list if his cars & bikes.

What is TOI?

Thanks
Old 10th February 2009, 16:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I think those are the Fiat 125 and Hillman Hunter (or a derivative of it from Singer/Sunbeam/Humber/Chrysler/Peykan etc.) but most probably it's the Hunter as this model of the Hillman was quite common too, relatively speaking, amongst 'foreign cars' in the late 60s to late 70s India. The big Vauxhall's a post-war 14/6 HP, I think also refered to as the J-type.

Last edited by Prabal : 10th February 2009 at 16:28.
Old 10th February 2009, 16:28   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
I think those are a Fiat 125 and Hillman Hunter (or a derivative of it from Singer/Sunbeam/Humber/Chrysler/Peykan etc.) but most probably it's the Hunter as this model of the Hillman was quite common too, relatively speaking, amongst 'foreign cars' in the late 60s to late 70s India.
As always you are absolutely right. Blame it on me being at work.
Old 10th February 2009, 16:51   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
What is TOI?

Thanks
Times of India, a local English daily newspaper.

Anyways, great pics. John!! Good to see picklu's collection at last....he seems to be very open about it.

But my heart goes out to that Herald! I hope it can be set right again (although might need a replacement bonnet and front bumper!)

Last edited by Stanher : 10th February 2009 at 16:56.
Old 10th February 2009, 16:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Blame it on me being at work.
... and to have fun while being so, maybe you could wrangle an official assignment to go hunting old Czech Skodas across the length and breadth of the country! Others in the VW Group could figure in the second leg.

Last edited by Prabal : 10th February 2009 at 17:00.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:40   #39
BANNED

Cool Drool maal.

Such a wonderful collection there.

Too lucky a person to have owned them.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have any more photos and tried Pickloo email and web-site but both bounced, will call him and see if he has a list if his cars & bikes.

What is TOI?

Thanks
That would be great. Also send me his email address (since you said the one u sent bounced), so that I can keep in touch with him. I love to know what is happening with his two-wheelers. I see he has a lovely collection of motocycles and bicycles. I'd love to hear something about them. You have loads of info about motorcycles and cars but just very very little on the "lesser" forms like motocycles, tricycles, and bicycles.

I am a newbie to this whole vintage and classic world and also a motorcycle enthusiast, so I am starting off from where it is easy to learn. I quite envy the amount of knowledge some of the people around here have. I recently met another great enthusiast, Mr. Ravi Prakash. He just has class spelt all around him.

Like Stanher pointed out, TOI is Times of India, one of the leading English Dailies.

Cheers
-pat-
Old 11th February 2009, 10:15   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The first photo is of the group with myself, wife Jharna and fourth from the left Pickloo Deka
Congratulations John, you seem to have discovered the fountain of youth!
Old 11th February 2009, 10:24   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations John, you seem to have discovered the fountain of youth!
As my dad used to say, "You can't stop growing older, BUT, you don't have to grow old."

Will shortly post the 07 Shillong Car Concours & Rally, some more great cars & bikes.

Asked my friend to check out the original color of the Fiat.
When did they start making the embossed caps in chromed metal?
Old 12th February 2009, 07:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
HOPE TO BE HERE TILL MID MARCH, WANT TO JION US?
John, I would defintiely be part of your passion about vintage cars. I myself have plans to restore/help in the restoration of atleast 1 car. I also wish to possess 1 restored vintage car myself.

Given your time frame of staying in India this time, it may not be possible to meet you in person before you leave. However, I will surely be in touch with you.

EDIT: It would be great if Pickloo can share a list of cars/bikes in his possession.

Last edited by Saurabh M : 12th February 2009 at 07:25.
Old 12th February 2009, 09:55   #44
BHPian

Great John, you made the day with lots of beauties from NE India.....hope to see more and more
Old 12th February 2009, 11:29   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a great collection - well, I used to visit Guwahati quite regularly for my work in my last department in the company but not any longer. I love the green Standard Super 10. Definitely restorable. Shyam, you can have the Herald, it is the Super 10 for me anytime.

Dear Karl - Re your query on wheelcap fitting on the fiat, some great guys fit ambassador rivets on Fiat wheel rims by drilling haphazard holes and then fit the caps.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks