Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 15:30   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I want to bring both. Lets see. The Heckflosse is ready and the Fiat needs some work on the Dynamo. Should be fixed.

Harit, please enter your Karmann Ghia.
Saw Harit's Green Dodge passing by today morning so thats confirmed isnt it ??? We might as well have a list of cars that is been entered by Tbhpians. What say !!!!
Old 25th February 2009, 15:41   #17

I shall mostly be entering with 3112. But Otherwise, I shall be joining Roni in one of his cars.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

I might want to join in. Lets see the plans will be finalised by this weekend. But I am Very bad with TSD and doing the whole route!
Gogi Sir, what should I drive in?
Old 25th February 2009, 16:01   #19

Does your Rolls Qualify for the Rally?? I remember Gogi telling me that his Rolls wasnt allowed once!!
Old 25th February 2009, 16:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Saw Harit's Green Dodge passing by today morning so thats confirmed isnt it ??? We might as well have a list of cars that is been entered by Tbhpians. What say !!!!
To my Dear Mr. Sherlok II,

When the owner takes his dog out for excercise and whatever, it does not mean that he is going to take him to a dogshow!

Cheers Harit

BTW, the Dodge and Karman will not be coming. The aim in future will be to take cars falling in the earlier years of manufacture so that the cars will be flagged of early while it is not so hot.
I could say, in arrogance, and why not, that the Dodge and Karmann do not need to wait till all the fintail Dodges Austins, Fiats of the 1950's have been flagged off. This explanation ofcourse is an arrogant version.
The real reason is that by the time these cars are flagged off, it will be too hot, half the day will be over.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I might want to join in. Lets see the plans will be finalised by this weekend. But I am Very bad with TSD and doing the whole route!
Gogi Sir, what should I drive in?
Boss Belair-Belair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Does your Rolls Qualify for the Rally?? I remember Gogi telling me that his Rolls wasnt allowed once!!
Yes the did tell me a 1990 was not allowed but then had a 1991 SL running in the same rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

When the owner takes his dog out for excercise and whatever, it does not mean that he is going to take him to a dogshow!
True True. Harit get your 114 coupe. Will kill everyone. Ill drive it even if you want and have my car driven by someone else. Kya bolta hai?

Ronnie, one suggestion can you make huge Team-Bhp stickers to be put on all Team-bhp participating cars, on strict payment basis only. This will make our community shine out. What say??

Last edited by V-16 : 25th February 2009 at 17:11.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Boss Belair-Belair!!

Yes the did tell me a 1990 was not allowed but then had a 1991 SL running in the same rally.

Ronnie, one suggestion can you make huge Team-Bhp stickers to be put on all Team-bhp participating cars, on strict payment basis only. This will make our community shine out. What say??
When did Scooby get a Bel Air!

Arrey Gogiji already forgot we participated in your Rolls with Dippy? 2007 I think.

Sticker idea is great, though we now have fixed designs to be bought from the forum itself.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:48   #23
BHPian

I'll try to come too. Will need to be a passenger with someone though
Old 25th February 2009, 17:48   #24
BHPian

Team-Bhp stickers for VCCCI Rally

Quote:
Rony, one suggestion can you make huge Team-Bhp stickers to be put on all Team-bhp participating cars, on strict payment basis only.
This will make our community shine out. What say??
Gogi Sirji, consider it done!

Just PM me suggestions regarding exact location for sticker on car to be pasted/displayed (rear or front windshield / dicky / licence plates etc etc) and I'll most willingly do the rest.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers Harit
That was a good one, well sirji, we dont see these cars running everyday on the road. With the VCCCI event nearing, guessed it that it maybe coming for it ...

Stickers would be a nice idea as the cars would stand out from the rest.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Payment to the car owner? Because points will be deducted by the judges if they apply higher standards for non-originality!!
Old 25th February 2009, 18:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Payment to the car owner? Because points will be deducted by the judges if they apply higher standards for non-originality!!
If the judges and office bearers of VCCCI can give a prize to a non existent car as most unique, i would not be betting my horses on their standards

The best place to put the sticker would be on the front windscreen, on the top part where the laminated green strip runs through and similarly on the rear or then on the rear bumpers but the glass is where it would be seen most.

True Karl that team-bhp stickers are available on the forum and i believe most of us have already orgered and even got our sets but this sticker has to be huge to get noticed. All it needs to say is Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home
Old 25th February 2009, 18:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Now this thread is picking up action. Gogi cant wait to go in the Heckflosse. Even Kartik wants to join in this time and he will get his SLR camera so that we get some awesome pictures.

@scooby: Get your Bel Air but ultimately its upto u. Dont worry about TSD. Its all about meeting and having fun together

@Cyrus: The Rolls was allowed. We did the rally in 2007 with the Rolls and the Golf.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True True. Harit get your 114 coupe. Will kill everyone. Ill drive it even if you want and have my car driven by someone else. Kya bolta hai?
You are welcome to take the 114. But remember, when we finish the run, when we are done with driving, and sitting in Chetna and chilling, you will still be on the road, my friend frying in the car. Think about it. In the meanwhile I will tell our friend R that you want to take the 114.
Alternativelt, you could also take a U turn and reach Chetna before us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
That was a good one, well sirji, we dont see these cars running everyday on the road. With the VCCCI event nearing, guessed it that it maybe coming for it ...

Stickers would be a nice idea as the cars would stand out from the rest.
I like your sporting nature, though we have not met, at least knowingly, we shall at the event. Actually the Dodge went there and the Lancia came home. You were not far of the mark.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th February 2009 at 13:06. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 26th February 2009, 13:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Mine is a '60 Biscayne, and does not qualify for judging, because too many minus points for non originality!! And I have not rebuilt it to get the possible trophies.Its purely out of Passion, and I intend puting in Alloys at some stage, and next stage make it a "low rider"
My Impala is totally original, but does not qualify for judging in classics as she is a '61.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks