The Khimsar Royal Garage-dsc00257.jpg  

The Khimsar Royal Garage-dsc00259.jpg  

The Khimsar Royal Garage-dsc01521.jpg  

The Khimsar Royal Garage-dscn0098.jpg  

The Khimsar Royal Garage-dscn0162.jpg  

The Khimsar Royal Garage-img00014200810182012.jpg  

The Khimsar Royal Garage-img00015200810182013.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Dippy : 21st November 2009 at 14:46. Reason: Adding pics to the post
Karl Benz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Great Pictures.

Are all these cars still with the Royal Garage ?

The two Lancias look stunning as do the Jaguars.

Unusual for a Royal Garage is the fact that the cars are sporting regestration numbers form different states all over India.

Would love to see actual pictures of the cars taken at the Garage.
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Amazing find Karl, these vintage cars are really beautiful. So much character and elegance.

I also love the design of the website. Its extremely well designed and the music really takes you to another world altogether.
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey Karl,

These are the cars you have mentioned as your cars in your profile:

cadillac 47, rr silver wraith, lancia lambda, jaguar mark 5, jaguar mark 2, fiat 1928, buick 47, ford pickup, fmg tc etc etc.

Funnily, exactly these cars appear among the Khimsar collection!

Are you the owner of these (or a member of the family that owns these) cars?

If so, all of us would love a detailed narrative of each piece in your collection. Welcome to TBHP!
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:15   #5

yes these cars belong to me. we have restored them over the past 2 years.

Its great to find a site like t bhp where one can meet other vintage car lovers. My name is Dhananjai Khimsar.
Old 3rd March 2009, 16:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Benz View Post

Its great to find a site like t bhp where one can meet other vintage car lovers. My name is Dhananjai Khimsar.
In that case, its an honour to meet you, Mr. Bhanwar Dhananjai Singh (I hope that is your full name?). I had been researching romantic destinations in Rajasthan a few months back, and had come across sites about the Khimsar fort and the royal family. Never thought we would see you on TBHP.

I'm seriously planning a visit to Khimsar in the near future with my (newly wedded) wife - possibly a short stay. It will be a pleasure to meet you and see your collection in person. In the meantime, we would appreciate if you can post details about each car in your collection.
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:

There are two Silver Wraiths in the pictures, a b&w or pale grey MYO-9444 which could be #WFC57 and an early Hooper lim which could be WTA47 or WTA76, could you please tell us their chassis numbers ?
A.B.
Old 4th March 2009, 00:05   #8

yes mine is WFC57 ..............wow how did you manage to get to know this?

the other one belongs to some in jaipur...its a hooper....not sure about the chasis no>
Old 4th March 2009, 14:00   #9
BHPian

Quote:

the other one belongs to some in jaipur...its a hooper....not sure about the chasis no>
Black magic and a tiny little RR database ;o)
Cheers A.B.
Old 6th March 2009, 12:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

I visited the Khimsar site, Royal Garage et al. First of all the property is lovely, what a place to keep a car collection. I hope that the place is also stuffed with antiques. It is apparent that the Royal Garage is now being created with new aquisitions, way to go! Some comment on the cars:

The Caddy and the Buick were earlier used as Heritage Taxis, they are so reliable and ran very well. I believe that this Heritage taxi business has stopped, the cars do not show any signs of wear. Beautiful.
Of the two Rolls seen, MYO 9444 identified, came out from a hillstation in south, went to Bangalore and onwards to Jaipur. I believe that the second Rolls shown in a workshop is not part of this collection. I believe that this is the Wraith which travelled from Calcutta to Mumbai, on to Chor Bazar and then on to Jaipur.
The MG was a delhi car well restored.
The Fiat did come from Mumbai along with the Lancia. I am surprised that the Lancia shown is so good, I feel that the actual car is not pictured. It just could not have been fixed so fast, and Mr. Benz is asking for help. Also, is there such a lake in Khimsar? I am not sure about this Fiat's origins before she came to Mumbai, but there was a very similar car in Ahmedabad missing its gearbox.
The two Fords, A tourer and pick-up were Jaipur cars, and very well restored.
About the Jags I have no clue, even though one has a Mumbai registration. Is the second one from Pune?
We should not forget to appreciate, these cars are very well restored, and probably in a workshop in Jaipur.
May the collection grow!!

Cheers
Harit
Old 6th March 2009, 13:07   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I visited the Khimsar site, Royal Garage et al. First of all the property is lovely, what a place to keep a car collection. I hope that the place is also stuffed with antiques. It is apparent that the Royal Garage is now being created with new aquisitions, way to go! Some comment on the cars:

The Fiat did come from Mumbai along with the Lancia. I am surprised that the Lancia shown is so good, I feel that the actual car is not pictured. It just could not have been fixed so fast, and Mr. Benz is asking for help. Also, is there such a lake in Khimsar?

About the Jags I have no clue, even though one has a Mumbai registration. Is the second one from Pune?
It is indeed wonderful to see royal families once again actively acquiring fine classic cars, especially diplaying them in such a beautiful setting.

The Lancia though does appear to be a representational picture. There was a very similar looking ivory Mk 5 Jag in Pune, also WB regd, though I remember that car being a convertible. I may be wrong.
Old 7th March 2009, 02:03   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

The Caddy and the Buick were earlier used as Heritage Taxis, they are so reliable and ran very well. I believe that this Heritage taxi business has stopped, the cars do not show any signs of wear. Beautiful.
Of the two Rolls seen, MYO 9444 identified, came out from a hillstation in south, went to Bangalore and onwards to Jaipur. I believe that the second Rolls shown in a workshop is not part of this collection. I believe that this is the Wraith which travelled from Calcutta to Mumbai, on to Chor Bazar and then on to Jaipur.
The MG was a delhi car well restored.
The Fiat did come from Mumbai along with the Lancia. I am surprised that the Lancia shown is so good, I feel that the actual car is not pictured. It just could not have been fixed so fast, and Mr. Benz is asking for help. Also, is there such a lake in Khimsar? I am not sure about this Fiat's origins before she came to Mumbai, but there was a very similar car in Ahmedabad missing its gearbox.
The two Fords, A tourer and pick-up were Jaipur cars, and very well restored.
We should not forget to appreciate, these cars are very well restored, and probably in a workshop in Jaipur.
May the collection grow!!

Cheers
Harit
The caddy and buick were absolutely ruined being run as taxi s in udaipur. I was sad to see them in such a terrible condition and these were my first 2 cars. Started restoration in 06.

Yes that is a reproduction picture of the lancia. I need help to find parts and im looking forward to the restoration process.

The fiat was from guj and according to the fiat club of italy, it is the 4th registered 521 c tipo in the world.

The mg tc was also in junk condition in 06. We got every nut and bolt from england and restored her according to the factory manual (taking in consideration the engine and chassis no) infact my great grand father owned a black mg tc and i always had this desire to own one since a very young age.

The mark 5 has been painted black now and is under restoration.

The jaguar mark 2 is a 2.4 l automatic. Started restoration in july 08 and is now complete.

The rr silver wraith is the origional mysore car which has been fully restored. They made a ruin of it in bangalore (removed the origional upholstry, veneer etc etc). Again started restoration in 2006 and have tried to get it as close to origional. Yes, the white rr is not a part of my collection.

The ford a model and pickup looked pretty cosmetically but are in terrible shape mechanically. They are currently under restoration.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th March 2009 at 23:06. Reason: Post edited. Please do not type in ALL CAPS in the future.
Old 9th March 2009, 13:03   #13
BHPian

Quote:

My first hunch would be WTA76 ex-Raja of Kanker, it is known to be extant (belonging to someone called Abdul S. Gani) whereas WTA47, ex-Raja of Faridkot has not resurfaced.
park-ward is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2009, 22:58   #14
BHPian

Shrivardhan Kanoria

Dhananjai, words fail to describe how lovely your cars are. I do not hesitate appreciating good things, therefore I take my hats off in front of your cars. CHEERZ!
Old 13th March 2009, 10:30   #15
sat
BHPian

jodhpur vintage car rally 09

photographed at the umaid bhawan palace
Attached Thumbnails
The Khimsar Royal Garage-khim-rr-ub.jpg  

sat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks