Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

it is sad that there is not much contribution to this thread from Tbhpians other than, stanher and jai
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:30   #32
BHPian

Ajay etta,

I would like to contribute, but right now I am away from home.
When I return in the last week of April, I will post some available parts.

Till then keep posting

cheers
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:59   #33
BHPian

Some more parts

Hi Team,

W110 Windscreen Glass. - 5 Nos. available in Delhi.
Stainless Steel Fuel MG or any other make - On order
Stainless Steel Headers - Jaguar - 1 set for Mark X
Complete woodwork - Rolls Royce / Jaguar / Bentles - On Order
D Windscreen Glasses - Tinted or clear - 1 pair - 5 year Chrome warranty
Runner Nuts - Jaguar/Bentley/MG - On order

PM me for details or write at vats.saurabh@gmail.com

Cheers!

Saurabh
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02598-1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02592-1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02591-1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02582-1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02585-1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02595-1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02578-1.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2009, 17:34   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Lambretta WIRING and other parts!

Guys, I URGENTLY require a full wiring loom for Lambretta Li150!

The mech. reassembling my scoot says that is the first thing required for him to start.

And it is not possible to use that of another (make)

So if you know of one available brand new, do help me out

'also need NEW ball bearings for the fork (there seem to be 2 on my scoot, one big and one small)

Aside, I also have some parts (mostly Fiat) I want to dispose of, so will be posting those shortly as well.

Last edited by Stanher : 3rd April 2009 at 17:35.
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:20   #35
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Need a radiator assembly for a 33 Chevy. I don't have the parts book to know for sure but I reckon this part should be common to 33, 34 and 35

If anyone knows of a junked Chevy or someone with the radiator please PM me.

Thanks
Old 5th April 2009, 00:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

I presume this is for the Eagle tourer. May I ask what happened to the original one on the car.

If the core is shot then I would use the top and bottom pieces and go for a new core.

It would be very tough to source a used pice for that vintage car. The other alternative is to take measurments off another Chevy of similar vintage and get a new one done.

Radiators shouldn't pose a big problem keeping in mind that American cars had the standard type unlike on European cars with teh honeycomb type.

There was a thirties Master sedan for sale at Mud Fort. Any idea if it survived.
Old 5th April 2009, 21:57   #37
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
May I ask what happened to the original one on the car.
I presume somewhere along the line it lost the original assembly, hence I don't have the original upper and lower tanks. There's one on ebay, waiting for the bidding to close, lets see. I should think there are many cars rusting away here in India, only problem is sourcing it.

Am hoping some friends here could help out if they know of cars lying around as parts cars.

I am not aware of the Mudfort car. A friend has a similar car, as a last resort I'll have the tanks copied
Old 5th April 2009, 23:34   #38
BHPian

A sad story

Vintage and Classic car lovers all over the country are desperately searching for fast vanishing stocks of very difficult to find and expensive spares. A few years ago a Kerala based spares parts dealer, one of the biggest in the country at that time sold a huge stock of spares as scrap. Almost all of it manufactured by the best in the world in original packing, imported during the difficult licence Raj days.

I had informed quite a few collectors and vintage and classic car enthusiasts of this priceless hoard. But to my knowledge none of those I had informed had picked up anything. I was lucky to accquire some very difficult to find bits including windscreens, carburettors, meters, headlight and tailight assembys, brake and clutch parts etc. at almost throw away prices. A few months later I was informed that a major portion of this stock was purchased by a local scrap trader. By the time I was able to locate the buyer, the lot had been segregated, all the alloy scrap!! unused Zenith, Solex, Weber, Carter, Stomberg carburettors, German, American pistons, rings, main bearings, the list was endless had already been sold to a melting unit. There was a heap of crankshafts, camshafts, gearwheels, diff parts even some meters, clocks etc. awaiting despatch.

The total stock was about 12 to 14 truckloads or more. I had initially tried to convince the dealer to to put a stock list on the net and try and sell the spares online, but they needed to free the space in their godowns and also did not have the patience to go through the whole process. I did think of buying the whole lot if I could find a partner for this venture, becasue it was beyond me both in terms of finance and logistics. Unfortunately nobody wanted to invest money on some old junk.

To date my inability to rescue this priceless hoard of spares is one of my greatest disappointments, the least about the money that could have been made, but that it was an irreplaceable loss to the vintage and classic car enthusiasts community. I would be overjoyed if anyone was able to save even a part of this hoard, because I was informed that the stock from the Coimbatore branch was bought by someone for Bangalore. would anyone have any info???
Regards,
SG

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th April 2009 at 23:40. Reason: Readability, please make it paragraphs and leave a space after. and, thanks.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

herald parts

today i met a former spare shop owner who had stashed away these NOS herald parts
1.Front hub
2.Rear hub
3.Steering Rack and pinion.
4.main bearing oil seal flange
5.water dummy(?)
6.wheel bolt with nut
7.Lower arm
he will sell as a lot only.
so no price quoted. asked me to make an offer,if genuinely interested.
didnt take photos as it obviously will lead to feeling of demand!!
Old 7th April 2009, 17:25   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
today i met a former spare shop owner who had stashed away these NOS herald parts
so no price quoted. asked me to make an offer,if genuinely interested.
I'm interested, with a capital "i"!!

'will pm you with an offer shortly!
Old 8th April 2009, 12:56   #41
BHPian

Lambretta Parts

Hi Team,

Some interesting Lambretta parts going for sale through the guy who gets me my stuff. He is not literate enough to handle the digital e-space hence I am helping him because he gets me great parts.

Imported Highly Polished Air Intake for Lambretta Series 2 -Alloy

Full Seat Assembly Front

Full Seat Assembly Rear (the one in bubble wrap - the original bubble wrap has not been taken off yet and nor does this guy want me to but the seat inside is very good quality)

Right now he wants to sell both the seats as one lot - but lets see when someone makes the offer.

He has promised to make available some more parts over this week for me to take pics and put on the net.

PM me for details

Stanher has FIRST right of refusal on these though.

Cheers

Saurabh
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02780.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02781.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02782.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02783.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02784.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02785.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02786.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02787.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc02788.jpg  

Old 9th April 2009, 01:58   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Full Seat Assembly Front

Full Seat Assembly Rear (the one in bubble wrap - the original bubble wrap has not been taken off yet and nor does this guy want me to but the seat inside is very good quality)

Right now he wants to sell both the seats as one lot - but lets see when someone makes the offer.

Stanher has FIRST right of refusal on these though.
Sorry I wasn't able to respond promptly as my net was out until now!

Anyways, I'm interested in the seats. I will pm you in further detail.

Anyways, @all,
As mentioned earlier, I have an assortment of Fiat parts that would mostly suit "Padmini-body" style Fiats, viz. Delight, President etc.

These parts have been lying usused at our home, most were salvaged from scrap cars, and 'would be glad to see them go to a good home (mainly because my mom's started putting the house 'in order' and prefers most of my car/bike stuff out! Atleast those that I myself don't require)

Some of them may be in a rather sorry shape (not because of me though!) and require resurrection to become fully useable.
I've quoted prices for the items that I know the value of/remember what I bought them for. I've intended to be fair enough in this regard. Others that I don't know what to quote, I've left it to the buyers what they'll pay for it (indicated with *)

1. Very straight, tidy original bootlid for Fiat 1100 Delight. 'couldn't get the numberplate off as 2 of the bolts are stuck (rusted) and I didn't want to risk causing any damage to the bootlid by trying to pry it off!
No corrosion, barring some surface rust at the bottom, a couple of minor dings. Expecting: Rs. 1500/-

2. Good, useable muffler for Fiat exhaust- one weld spot on one side but otherwise decent. 'bought it with the tail-pipe for a Delight I had, but was told it wasn't necessary to replace it, so this one remained unfitted.
Expecting Rs. 800/-

3. Wheel rims for padmini Fiats. 'also useable for later Delights and Presidents (all 4 are of the earlier heavy guage metal). All reasonably good condition, one is slightly surface-rusted on the front and inside, 2 others tarnished but none corroded heavily. Expecting Rs. 250/- for each

4. Rear windscreen for Delight/President/Padmini. 'taken off my ex-abovementioned '65 1100 Delight in favour of a plain one I'd preferred.
Decent condition, clean with no cracks (that's a fold of the film you see on the inside), would look all the more pristine with the film taken off, which I felt too lazy to do so far!
Expecting Rs. 1000/-

5. St. steel dashboard trim patti (long) for pre-delight Fiats. Smaller piece not available. Decent condition. Expecting Rs. 150/-

6. Original meter console for Premier President. Decent condition. 'can be had with the meter plastic housing (actually taken off a 1100) for 500/- (total.)

7. Original chrome-top ashtray for Fiat 1100 (elegant-super-select), flips open and shut normally, just a little dented on the inside. *

8. Gearshifter and bootlid stay "spring" taken from a '65 1100 delight- the latter will fit only this model. Both in reasonably good condition. *

9. 2 Aluminium trim beadings/inserts (1 front and 1 back) for windscreen rubbers of Select/Superselect Fiats. Unfortunately were taken off quite roughly, resulting in the bent/distorted shape! But I'm sure can be set right. *

Attachment 122952

Attachment 122953

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2868.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2866.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2869.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2870.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2871.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2873.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2876.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2877.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2878.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2879.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2880.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2881.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2882.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2883.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2895.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2896.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2898.jpg  

Last edited by Stanher : 9th April 2009 at 02:00.
Old 9th April 2009, 14:42   #43
BHPian

Shyam I am definitely interested in the Trims and whatever would be suitable/adjustable for my Elegant. Is the speedo console interchangeable? If so, Count me in on that too.
Old 9th April 2009, 17:32   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Shyam I am definitely interested in the Trims and whatever would be suitable/adjustable for my Elegant. Is the speedo console interchangeable? If so, Count me in on that too.
Hi suren,
'just replied to you by pm. Yes, I reckon the console is interchangeable from the elegant to super-select- open to correction.

And meanwhile, here are a couple of parts that I forgot to add earlier, sorry! 'just took them out of the storeroom to photo them.

2 front grilles for Fiat Super-select

Grille 1- Complete and reasonably good shape, got some minor scratches on top "lip", plus a little surface rust in general, aside from the cave-in dent on the front left, which happened when the car it was fitted on was pushed around roughly at the scrappers!

Here's a pic. of the same grille when first seen on the car (which was eventually scrapped) :

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-grilless.jpg

But nothing irrepairable IMHO, and can be set right by a proper denter (which is why I haven't attempted fixing it myself, lest it doesnt come out right)*

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2906.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2907.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2908.jpg

Grille 2- Complete, albeit comparitively not as good as grille 1- gone quite rusty, but looks like it can be set right with a proper polishing/buffing itself, rather than replating. *

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2911.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2912.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2913.jpg
Old 12th April 2009, 13:20   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi all,

I need an original horn (6V) for my Lambretta Li150. It looks exactly like this (Bajaj or other horns are not the same, so do not fit):

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2925.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2926.jpg

'also need good silent blocks for engine (2 per scooter) and a good Upper Chain-guide (Steelbird or any equally good one- if its Avon, I DON'T want it!)

Most Viewed