Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 23:48   #91
Senior - BHPian

Need help in Identifying Few parts of FIAT 1100, can any one help me out.

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-ashtray.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-cb-points.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-fiat-logo.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-lights.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-switch.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-tail-lens.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-wheel-cap.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

Manish
Old 7th July 2009, 09:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post

Attachment 155368

Attachment 155369

Attachment 155370

Attachment 155371

Attachment 155372

Attachment 155373

Attachment 155374

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

Manish
Dear Manish

lets see how many I can get right.

I dont think the Ashtray is for a select or superselect, dukkars never came with ashtrays behind front seats in India. In Italy it was a option.

the points look post 62 to me.

The logo you have circles is a 63-64 Superselect or even later., the one next to it is a original dukkar logo.

the fish type light did come from 58-62, The orange one next to it is for a 56-57 so if you dont want it pick it up for me

The hub cap is for a 57 Fiat though the original was aluminum.

The Select tailight is pretty rare original or not

The dome light was on the left and right so was the grab handle, Dukkars did not have lights in the glove box though I added one just for the cool factor.

Whew!

Last edited by the mole : 7th July 2009 at 09:21.
Old 7th July 2009, 09:25   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Dear Manish

I dont think the Ashtray is for a select or superselect, dukkars never came with ashtrays behind front seats in India. In Italy it was a option.

Whew!
Hey are you sure there was no ashtray in the select / SS ? I somehow remember seeing quite a few fiats, including my dad's '59 having an ashtray similar to that ??
Old 7th July 2009, 10:41   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hi Amol,

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Dear Manish

I had the ashtray from the 1959 Select, which according to owner came with the CAR (however the AR logo makes me feel its an aftermarket) and so the confusion.

the points look post 62 to me.

But the Italian Facet one on left used to go with MM Distributor??? (I may be wrong)

The logo you have circles is a 63-64 Superselect or even later., the one next to it is a original dukkar logo.

the fish type light did come from 58-62, The orange one next to it is for a 56-57 so if you dont want it pick it up for me

And did these fish type ones came with orange and white combo lens as shown once by Karl?? Only 2 nos of 56-57 side repeater light were Available, have them with me. If I get some more I will give it to you.

The hub cap is for a 57 Fiat though the original was aluminum.

But what hub caps you have put on you elegent are totally different from the one I have posted.

The Select tailight is pretty rare original or not

Most of the parts I got are repro items and so are the tail light lenses, should they be full red or should top part be amber in color.

The dome light was on the left and right so was the grab handle, Dukkars did not have lights in the glove box though I added one just for the cool factor.

For the grab handle I saw few of the original cars, sporting only one on the left side???

Whew!
Ok Can any one help me with the Manual for the 1960 Select, I bought one recently and am in negotiation for an elegent (hope it also materializes)

Cheers,

Manish

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th July 2009 at 19:36. Reason: Removed Font & Color tags.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:54   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had the ashtray from the 1959 Select, which according to owner came with the CAR (however the AR logo makes me feel its an aftermarket) and so the confusion
That is not AR logo, that is PA, Premier Auto. It is original.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:12   #96
Senior - BHPian

That ashtray was an OE item on the 58 to 62 Fiats. It was also seen on later models but was opainted instead of chromed.

Wasif
Old 7th July 2009, 11:38   #97
BHPian

One thing that I'm relatively certain about - The contact breaker points are both for the Magnetti Marelli Distributor. The one on the left is the original Marelli spare and the one in the orange-white packing is the locally manufactured spare. These local one's were no good and the metal spring broke frequently.

These distributors were last used in the 1973 Premier Presidents (I have one such car). The 1974 cars came with Lucas distributors(Have one of these too)

The side indicator (Round with chrome and red plastic lenses) is a repro. The originals had orange lenses. I know for certain that Premier presidents came fitted with these - not sure about what other models they came on.

I have a few pairs of the orange lens ones in mint condition.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
I have a few pairs of the orange lens ones in mint condition.
Do you mean to say the lenses for the side repeater lights?
Old 7th July 2009, 12:38   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Here are my 2 bits, as per your earlier post
  • Ash tray (mounted on rear seat) original for 58-65.
  • Marelli points probably differred from 54-57 and 58-74, not sure. I would recommend you put in a Lucas distributor and coil, you get full reliability and ease of sourcing spares.
  • The circled Fiat logo is of a 65-72 1100 Delight, flat grille.
  • The teardrop indicator is correct for 58-62 model. The round orange one is correct for 56/57. The red one (should be orange) is correct for 62-74. Cabin light and grab handles were on both sides. The cabin light pictured is a post 62 version, not too different from earlier ones.
  • I have seen these brake fluid reservoirs on 56-62 models. The light switch is original. Glove compartment lights were not offered as far as I know.
  • The red taillight lenses are hard to find. American market cars required red lenses, some aftermarket ones were made in India too, this is one of them.
  • The hubcap pictured in correct design for 57-67. Aluminium probably started in 65, earlier were steel. This is my estimation.
Post some pictures of your car, we would like to see.
Old 7th July 2009, 13:03   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hey are you sure there was no ashtray in the select / SS ? I somehow remember seeing quite a few fiats, including my dad's '59 having an ashtray similar to that ??
I mean that the Ashtray type is not right for a Select Super Select and not that they did not have any ashtrays. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 7th July 2009, 13:23   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here are my 2 bits, as per your earlier post

Post some pictures of your car, we would like to see.
Karl,

Thanks for the help, as for the pictures, the car is in my home town, I will get them shortly.

BTW I went straight to the ATM to pay for the CAR :O}, now that was a deal, an elegent is also in negotiation, expected to close the deal at around 25K.

Cheers,

Manish
Old 8th July 2009, 13:18   #102
BHPian

1955 Dodge Coronet parts wanted

Restoring a pretty beat up 1955 Dodge convertible. I'm looking for the hood ornament and logos. Pls msg me if anyone has or knows where i can find. Information about any other parts for this model is welcome to. She pretty much needs everything replaced.
Old 10th July 2009, 01:14   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Restoring a pretty beat up 1955 Dodge convertible. I'm looking for the hood ornament and logos. Pls msg me if anyone has or knows where i can find. Information about any other parts for this model is welcome to. She pretty much needs everything replaced.
Your beat up car was totally run down, having been used in Movie shooting. And she was always parked in Juhu near the Bandh.
First you have to get the body back into shape, a tough task. And the mechanicals need fixing.
The cosmetics etc you have to search on e-bay. Also, suggest that you get a Hemmings from America and search for parts. You can start by ordering a full set of rubbers from Steele.
Good Luck
harit
Old 10th July 2009, 14:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Your beat up car was totally run down, having been used in Movie shooting. And she was always parked in Juhu near the Bandh.
First you have to get the body back into shape, a tough task. And the mechanicals need fixing.
The cosmetics etc you have to search on e-bay. Also, suggest that you get a Hemmings from America and search for parts. You can start by ordering a full set of rubbers from Steele.
Good Luck
harit
Bit OT but you can now order a Hemmings E subscription at a very good price. They mail you a link for the current edition, runs into 300 odd pages but can be downloaded and saved. A wealth of info is available on where to get those impossible to find parts.
Old 10th July 2009, 17:59   #105
Senior - BHPian

window cranks

found these at a shop here, few NOS chrome window cranks(in packing) for elegant,select models they said it is called ''milling'''type.
pricing sound very reasonable.
also available in the same shop NOS door handles
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-image775.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-image776.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks