Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2009, 18:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

The organisers are going all out to promote the event over Radio.

Ram, apart from the vintage cars, any super cars or luxury car manufacturers going to be present for the event. Learnt somewhere that Hyderabad is the Bentley Capital of India with I having spotted 3 already.
Old 8th July 2009, 23:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

anirudha...JLR and Rolls Royce were supposed to be there for this show..but backed out last minute.
The usual BMW,Merc,Audi,VW,Volvo,GM,Tata Motors & Fiat and Motorcycle manufacturers will be there.
Old 10th July 2009, 01:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Any confirmed new launches in HIAS?
Old 19th July 2009, 11:10   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

'went to the show yesterday afternoon with Suren. The vintage and classic section with the DHAA cars/bikes as well as the new mars stall with Suren's '57 fiat and a matchless bike (needless to say the only sections that I saw properly ) were a real treat for me, having seen no classic scene in Hyd. for quite some time! I'm sure it also served a a right appetiser for the bigger DHAA event on 15th aug.!

Pics. from my side:

The 1915 Wolseley Golfers' Coupe at the entrance; this car was also an entrant at one of the past DHAA rallies. Some had taken it for a Rolls though, which is understandable!

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3367.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3373.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3375.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3369.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3370.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3376.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3377.jpg

The mini Rolls-replica by Sudhakar of Sudha Cars in the front lobby:

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3380.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3381.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3384.jpg

More pics. to follow.....

Last edited by Stanher : 19th July 2009 at 11:17.
Old 19th July 2009, 14:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Continued from my last post.....

The DHAA section inside; the bikes, notably the famous Indian-chief of Lt.col. Shashidar and a German Triumph also owned by him.

One of Puppy Singh's Nortons (white) also present, plus our Hillram's '61 Lambretta s2.

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3390.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3393.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3391.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3392.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3394.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3395.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3396.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3436.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3387.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3450.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3449.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3451.jpg

More later again, going out now...enjoy!
Old 19th July 2009, 16:53   #21
BHPian

Nice pics. The owner of the Golfer's Coupe has treated it like his baby for sure.
Great color, love the car!!

Waiting for the vintage//classic car pics. from the show.
Old 19th July 2009, 18:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The condition and they quality of presentation of Hyderabad bikes never cease to amaze. Sometimes its a tad too much gloss. Thanks for the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The vintage and classic section with the DHAA cars/bikes as well as the new mars stall with Suren's '57 fiat and a matchless bike (needless to say the only sections that I saw properly )...
Suren, your car is ready? Congratulations.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:20   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for your comments, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Sometimes its a tad too much gloss. Thanks for the pictures.
Aah, looks like you've gotten too used to vehicles in patina!

Jokes apart, I would say yes, some of the bikes here do give an over-restored look. BUT if the paint etc. used is of good quality and lasts longer, then the bike deserves it. Better than cutting corners anyways.

Quote:
Suren, your car is ready?
Well, in a manner of speaking.
It was temporarily put together (mostly from the outside) to be displayed at the show, more to display the workmanship of the paint-job used by the workshop, and I must say it's come out spanking good! He intends to finish it properly after the show, and get it fully ready for 15th aug.

And now, continuing with the pics.....

The Matchless bike also with the paint-job by New Mars complementing Suren's fiat at the same stall. 'wish it was in a position for better pics. but then it indeed was difficult to squeeze it into the front of the stall, what with 2 cars occupying the place.
At one time, a group of young chaps were passing by and one was wondering what bike it was. Another pointed out to the 'M' badge and said it must mean Michael Jackson! I was afraid if it would give ideas to someone with a similar bike, ie. claim that it was a custom-made Enfield for MJ (later imported into India by a foreign diplomat and then sold and so on....) and thus worth a fortune! Howzzat!

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3440.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3441.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3442.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3431.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3433.jpg

And now, presenting the cars. A lovely '39 Buick, unfortunately the later date regn. marring it's otherwise original look!
The HYX Ford model A (?) belonged to the Chermas' stable when I last saw it. IIRC it's an ex-Nizam family car.
The '36 Caddy is from Pune and owned by the same gent as the Wolseley golfers' coupe. 'said to have been used by dignitaries like Lord Mountbatten, Gandhi, Nehru et al.

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3397.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3398.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3399.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3400.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3401.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3402.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3406.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3404.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3405.jpg

Hold on, more to follow!

Last edited by Stanher : 19th July 2009 at 23:23.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:54   #24
BHPian

Hi Stanher,
Thanks for sharing nice pics. Is there any Austins, Morris, Black Sunbeam Talbot, Packards, Humber, etc. in the show. Would love to see more if possible.

Cheers!
Old 20th July 2009, 00:37   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Hi Stanher,
Thanks for sharing nice pics. Is there any Austins, Morris, Black Sunbeam Talbot, Packards, Humber, etc. in the show.
My pleasure!

Yes, there was this one Austin seven, this Sunbeam Talbot and Triumph Mayflower, all regulars at the DHAA rallies as well.

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3410.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3437.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3411.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3420.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3421.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3422.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3427.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3423.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3424.jpg

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-img_3426.jpg

'will post the rest later, as its taking a long time to upload with my net connection!
Old 20th July 2009, 11:19   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The '36 Caddy is from Pune and owned by the same gent as the Wolseley golfers' coupe. 'said to have been used by dignitaries like Lord Mountbatten, Gandhi, Nehru et al.
Thats a very smart looking Caddy. A recent restoration? I have not seen it before. Surprised to know it came from Pune.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics indeed. That Wolsley why is it refered to as a "Golfers Coupe" and not a normal coupe. Does it have a specail locker or compartment to carry the Golf bag?

In the first picture of this car it appears to have a bent chassis making it lean to the left. Is this due to the pic angle?

Somehow it looks grossly overrestored with much unessary embelishments detracting from its looks.

That Caddy is an amazine resotration very correct and has been seen for a number of years in hyderabad vinatage circles.

In fact i had written an article for Overdrive magazine on a car rally that was done by the Secunderabad club. This car had made its debut appearance there and was pictured along with some other interesting cars in this article.

And i never knew that the triumph Mayflower on display was "specailly made for the coronation of Queen Elizabeth" Where do these interesting smippets come from ? The date is mentioned as 1951 but the coronation referred to actually happened in 1953.

Last edited by wasif : 20th July 2009 at 12:57.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

The Caddy is an excellent car, done correctly. I admit that I saw her for the first time.
The Wolseley looks overdone. Is it a Calcutta resdtoration? I wonder. Even if not authentic, and I have put "if", she still looks stunning. Tomorrow I will post a pic of a similar age Wolseley done authentically, see the difference.
The Austin 7 too is overdone, with royal logos on the side.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 20th July 2009 at 14:16.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:51   #29
BHPian

Where is DKG's Packards? Humber from Sec'bad, I hope more cars will be in show.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Is that Wolsley "Golfers Coupe" actually a three cylinder or is this also a figment of someone's fertile imagination like the Mayflower "specially made for the coronation of the queen" thing.

I don't recollect ever reading about or hearing about a three cylinder wolsley. also during the period 19 14 to 1918 car production at Wolsley and others was restricted to armoured vehicles only.

By the looks of it this car is an early to mid twenty's Wolsley Viper or someting similar check the attached picture. BTW the Viper was a six cylinder OHC design.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS-fs_wolseley_viper_1927.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks