Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 19:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS

Hyderabad will soon have the first of its kind Automobile show in par with International Standards.
Hyderabad International Auto Show(HIAS) will happen at HICC from 17th-19th July 2009,showcasing some of the modern cars like BMW,Audi,VW,Volvo,GM,Suzuki and Motorcycles such as TVS,Bajaj etc.

One of the Highlights of this show will be a dedicated section of Vintage Cars and Motorbikes of the bygone era by DECCAN HERITAGE AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION (DHAA),which have been restored to pristine condition.
DHAA will proudly display the below Cars and Motorcycles at HIAS :
1928 Austin
1941 Cadillac
Chevrolet 1949
Sunbeam Talbot
Triumph Mayflower
1915 Wolsely
1944 Indian Chief
1936 German Triumph
1916 BSA
1952 Norton Dominator
1939 Norton
Sunbeam S7
1961 Innocenti Lambretta

All the Hyderabadis are welcome to watch these pristinly restored classics.

For any information please contact : deccanheritage.aa@gmail.com

Last edited by hillram : 7th July 2009 at 19:21.
Old 7th July 2009, 23:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hyderabad will soon have the first of its kind Automobile show in par with International Standards.
All the Hyderabadis are welcome to watch these pristinly restored classics.

For any information please contact : deccanheritage.aa@gmail.com

Why, oh why only Hyderabadis? This is sheer discrimination!!!
Old 7th July 2009, 23:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

@hari...you are most welcome to visit the Expo.No discrimination here.
Old 8th July 2009, 01:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ram for starting this thread. It will help us in keeping track and a record of the HIAS and DHAA's contribution to it. I am eagerly looking forward to this event.

Cheers and best wishes with your display,
Old 8th July 2009, 09:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hyderabad International Auto Show(HIAS) will happen at HICC from 17th-19th July 2009,

One of the Highlights of this show will be a dedicated section of Vintage Cars and Motorbikes of the bygone era by DECCAN HERITAGE AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION (DHAA),which have been restored to pristine condition.
Wow, wonderful news for a change!

BTW, are entrants supposed to enter their vehicles beforehand? If my '60 Lambretta is done up by then, I sure would want to enter it.
Old 8th July 2009, 10:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

So this is one of the two warring factions, the DHAA. Who is the second faction, APMSC ????

And what brought about this divide.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Shyam...The Vintage Cars and Bikes have been already selected by the HIAS organisers(ofc proposed by DHAA).This is the final list of Vehicles that are going to be displayed.
Im afraid there is no space for any other Vintage car or bike.We always have the 15th Aug Rally coming up next month.Im sure you can showcase your lambretta.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wasif..I think you shouldnt unneccessarily draw conclusions and make unsolicited remarks on DHAA or APMSC.
Mods please note this,as such kind of remarks damage the reputation of the organisations.

DHAA and APMSC have their own agenda of events and there is really no connection between the too.Both the organisations function with their own interests and this particular event,is a collaboration between DHAA and HIAS.As simple as that.
Old 8th July 2009, 12:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wasif..I think you shouldnt unneccessarily draw conclusions and make unsolicited remarks on DHAA or APMSC.
Mods please note this,as such kind of remarks damage the reputation of the organisations.

DHAA and APMSC have their own agenda of events and there is really no connection between the too.Both the organisations function with their own interests and this particular event,is a collaboration between DHAA and HIAS.As simple as that.
Its just funny to have two faction resulting in a divide within the community. Just curious as to why should there be two seperate organisations promoting motoring in one city.

When i used to live there it was just APMSC and we had a great deal of fun.

No disrecpect is directed at the two bodies or their events.Also do note i don't live in hyderabad and this website is where i have learned of the factions etc and such so I am not the first to talk about them here.

Reputations of any organisation is made or damaged by what that organisation does and not by what other people have to say about them.

Last edited by wasif : 8th July 2009 at 12:26.
Old 8th July 2009, 13:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

@Wasif...It does matter little where you stay..its a virtual world and your comments have hurt the communities.Please refrain from any further posts on this subject and let the matter end here.
Old 8th July 2009, 15:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Wasif...It does matter little where you stay..its a virtual world and your comments have hurt the communities.Please refrain from any further posts on this subject and let the matter end here.
OOPS. I seem to have hit on a raw nerve here !!!!!
Old 8th July 2009, 15:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

What cars will be displayed in HIAS? The same AUDis, BMWs that we see in the showrooms or any new launches?

I hope its in the lines of Delhi Auto Expo and cars like VW Polo, Hyundai I30, Skoda Yeti, Genesis, Fiat Bravo, BMW Mini etc are shown in the show. Otherwise it will be just like the Vahan Yatra show(supposedly biggest show in south India) held every year in Bangalore.
Old 8th July 2009, 15:38   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
I hope its in the lines of Delhi Auto Expo and cars like VW Polo, Hyundai I30, Skoda Yeti, Genesis, Fiat Bravo, BMW Mini etc
Skoda Yeti? Is this a car meant for Sam Kapasi??
Old 8th July 2009, 15:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

Abominable SUV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Skoda Yeti? Is this a car meant for Sam Kapasi??
Its a "crossover" Soft roader vehicle. Skoda recently invited journalists from all over the world to Slovenia to test drive it. Read a report in this month's Top Gear magazine. Very competent vehicle. They're planning to price it at 14 lakhs in India.!!!
Old 8th July 2009, 17:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

There will be few new car launches too on the 17th July between 10.30am-1400h.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks