Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 12:29   #226
Senior - BHPian

Sunbeam Talbot

this 1948 Sunbeam Talbot Supreme was originally from Kerala,had a single digit number when to Bombay where it underwent restoration
anyone has any idea of its present location?
Attached Thumbnails
Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-pic1.jpg  

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-pic2.jpg  

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-car.jpg  

Old 4th July 2012, 13:17   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sunbeam Talbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
this 1948 Sunbeam Talbot Supreme was originally from Kerala,had a single digit number when to Bombay where it underwent restoration
anyone has any idea of its present location?
Thats actually a Sunbeam Talbot Drop Head Coupe...there was one in sliver with a garage owner in Hyderabad way back with wire wheels.

This guy wouldnt sell it nor would he let anyone come see it close.

I saw it once way back after he had moved his garage and lost the covered parking.....it was falling apart....what a sad end to a cool car.

Wonder what happened to it ....maybe Stanher can check on it !
Old 4th July 2012, 17:47   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
this 1948 Sunbeam Talbot Supreme was originally from Kerala,had a single digit number when to Bombay where it underwent restoration anyone has any idea of its present location?
KLQ 1 was with a collector in Mumbai, then shifted to another in Mumbai who sold it to a dealer in Chennai. Now not in touch with him, but he had mentioned that he had sold it on.

Cheers harit
Old 4th July 2012, 20:12   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
KLQ 1 was with a collector in Mumbai, then shifted to another in Mumbai who sold it to a dealer in Chennai. Now not in touch with him, but he had mentioned that he had sold it on.

Cheers harit
Thanks haritji, can you mention the name of the chennai dealer,if not here at least by pm.
Old 9th August 2012, 21:29   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here is a 54 Plymouth cabrio on display at a Hyderabad event in Feb 2008 - regn is Delhi 888, but DHB not DLI. Is it the same car?

Attachment 254605
Thanks for this lead.Sorry for replying late as was looking for a old photo with the car in it but cant find it .I think this is the same one, used to be Red with black top then my father sold it to someone in Jamshedpur who painted it white and used it for renting out for weddings.Can you let me know the contact number of the owner.Would love to catch up with the history of this car.
Thanks a lot,
Singh.

Wondering if any one of you have seen a Mark 2 Ambassador with reg. DLV 8000.
Was my grandfathers car n then my father had it for a long time .It left the family late 80s.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 9th August 2012 at 22:25. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 13th December 2012, 17:56   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics

Does anyone remember a 1947 Cadillac saloon, BMY 4788? Owned by a friend decades ago. Does it survive?

What about BMZ 1908, a Jaguar from Bombay that used to belong to one Mr. K R Cama?
Old 13th December 2012, 20:47   #232
Senior - BHPian

Can you get hold of a snap and what is the family's name as that might strike a bell than the number. A car was at Nana Chowk sitting along with a Chrysler ... where did they eventually go I have no idea. The Cadillac might be the same car.

Cheers
Old 21st December 2012, 12:55   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Does anyone remember a 1947 Cadillac saloon, BMY 4788? Owned by a friend decades ago.................
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Can you get hold of a snap and what is the family's name as that might strike a bell than the number. A car was at Nana Chowk sitting along with a Chrysler ... Cheers
In the 1980's there was a young Parsi gent who owned a sedan and convertible 1947 Cadillac. His name was probably Pochkhanwala. Unexpectedly he expired, the family then disposed of the cars. The convertible went to Shri Dossa, and I hear that it has moved to north India. The colours where blue and green. At that time there was another convertible Caddy of 1947, belonged to a theater owner, and the Phoenix Mills car was as yet undiscovered, and that was the third convertible car in Mumbai.
So maybe Karl has to give some more details

Cheers harit
Old 21st December 2012, 13:21   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the 1980's there was a young Parsi gent who owned a sedan and convertible 1947 Cadillac. His name was probably Pochkhanwala. Unexpectedly he expired, the family then disposed of the cars. The convertible went to Shri Dossa, and I hear that it has moved to north India. The colours where blue and green. At that time there was another convertible Caddy of 1947, belonged to a theater owner, and the Phoenix Mills car was as yet undiscovered, and that was the third convertible car in Mumbai.

Cheers harit
There used to be a convertible Caddy of '47/'48 with the Morarka's of Carmichael road, around '75 it was shifted to their Hospet house(they had a 220s ponton there too), and I have seen it there till '90s. It came for one of their grandsons marriage to Mumbai at Hotel President in '02 and then went back. Any idea if it is still with them.
Any idea of the Morvi's Buick?
Old 22nd December 2012, 01:30   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post

There used to be a convertible Caddy of '47/'48 with the Morarka's of Carmichael road, around '75 it was shifted to their Hospet house(they had a 220s ponton there too), and I have seen it there till '90s. It came for one of their grandsons marriage to Mumbai at Hotel President in '02 and then went back. Any idea if it is still with them.
Any idea of the Morvi's Buick?
The car was a 1949 Cadillac of the Morarka 's and it used to be parked in 2002 on the top of the pump near JASLOK not KUNDANMAL pump and the 220 s is still there . The Morvi car was a beautiful series 70 Cadillac of the year 1954 it's since vanished with a DESOTO convertible both in super nic

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2012, 14:28   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
There used to be a convertible Caddy of '47/'48 with the Morarka's ......... Any idea of the Morvi's Buick?
Quote:
......... The Morvi car was a beautiful series 70 Cadillac of the year 1954 it's since vanished with a DESOTO convertible both in super nic Cheers
Any picture of Morarka's Caddy? They also had a lovely Chevy 1959 sedan.
Morvi cars were lying in Pune in Koregaon Park in their Bungalow. There were three cars, a Chevy 1958 partially dismantled which is now in Mumbai, the Caddy pretty dull but complete, and the 1954 DeSoto convertible which was partially dismantled, lying at the back of the house. Now where are they? I know that some dealers were trying to make a deal, what else do dealers do?

Cheers harit
Old 22nd December 2012, 15:57   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any picture of Morarka's Caddy? They also had a lovely Chevy 1959 sedan.
Morvi cars were lying in Pune in Koregaon Park in their Bungalow. There were three cars, a Chevy 1958 partially dismantled which is now in Mumbai, the Caddy pretty dull but complete, and the 1954 DeSoto convertible which was partially dismantled, lying at the back of the house. Now where are they? I know that some dealers were trying to make a deal, what else do dealers do?

Cheers harit
Well the Caddy is gone to the main palace I was told. Property has been sold and the DESOTO is bright blue and completed

The 59 Chevy of Morarka is seen on the road on Sunday around 11/12 headed to the OBEROI and regularly fills up at the west side pump. Still moving well . Caddy snaps I have will search and send

Dealers do bring old snaps of the Morvi cars but no realistic connect

Cheers

Last edited by kasli : 22nd December 2012 at 15:59.
Old 24th December 2012, 12:35   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well the Caddy is gone to the main palace I was told. Property has been sold and the DESOTO is bright blue and completed

The 59 Chevy of Morarka is seen on the road on Sunday around 11/12 headed to the OBEROI and regularly fills up at the west side pump. Still moving well . Caddy snaps I have will search and send

Dealers do bring old snaps of the Morvi cars but no realistic connect

Cheers
The Morvi Caddy, Desoto, and the Buick are for sale.
The Morarka '59 Impala is in Mumbai seen once in a while. Their 220S and Caddy is not to be seen, could be at their Hospet Mill.
Old 19th March 2013, 08:39   #239
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers harit
Talking about 1947 Cadillac. Film star Nimmi owned a dark blue 47 Caddy convertible in the 50-early 60 . It was brought to Meerut by a business man who was a cinema owner and was also a financial and distributor. The Green Caddy was in immaculate condition and was seen frequently in local weddings. I was a in high school and lived in the same area as the gentleman. My brother insured this and other cars of this family. He showed me the papers for the Caddy, the owner being Nawab Begum which was the real name of Nimmi ! The car was a true classic and was lovingly taken care of. Amitabh Bacchan , in a magazine interview has mentioned this very car . This very wealthy family of Meerut had a weakness for good cars. Their collection included a 55 Buick (red & ivory) special 2 dr hardtop, a 52 Jaguar mk II saloon, a 51 Pontiac Catalina 4 dr sedan, a 57 Chevrolet BelAir, a 46. Chrysler Windsor , a 47 Plymouth and of course the Caddy Convertible . Perhaps, a BHP member from Meerut will also recall this family from the Jali Kothi area of Meerut.
priyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 10:29   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing this recently posted roadster,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...ml#post3093800 (Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India)

I am reminded of another car. As a child I remember there used to be a Brigadier in Pune driving an immaculately maintained Singer roadster, silver in colour. Maybe it had black fenders, I'm not sure. His name was Brig. Bajaj, and that is all I can remember. Does it ring any bells?

Which brings me to another car there used to be a slowly junking white post 67 Beetle in a bungalow in Koregaon Park, also with the name Bajaj, long since gone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks