Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:34   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Meantime attaching picture of another interesting car seen in Rally in mid-90's this is also Buick with some special connection. Where it is now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Very much around in Hyderabad, but not taken out in years
CAT would be a Karnataka regn. though, right? So did it originally belong to some Royal family in Mysore or thereabouts?
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
CAT would be a Karnataka regn. though, right? So did it originally belong to some Royal family in Mysore or thereabouts?
CAT if it ever existed in Karnataka would be from the early 90's as the regestration series in that state earlier used to start with M for Mysore.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who knows more about that red plate on the car.
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:01   #78
Senior - BHPian

I was given this photo a while ago. This was taken at some event. Appears to be a nicely kept Austin with sliding roof. Mascot is also very neat. I am sure APX 1055 exists and DKG or Wasif (in alphabetical order)will be able to tell us more about her.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-austin-hyd.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2009, 19:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

Yes Harit this car is very much in Hyderabad can't remember with whom though. i am sure DKG will be able to straighten the record on this.

The mascot is identical to that on Keval Kant Gir's Austin of similar vintage maye ther is a connection ???

Opps sorry for jumping the alphabetical order.

That picture looks like its taken outside the Assembly building...love that hat don't see it in use these days

Last edited by wasif : 22nd October 2009 at 19:50.
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:20   #80
BHPian

I had seen one Austin 12hp in 2006, is this the same Austin or another I don't know, but mascot seems to be same. This Austin was in 2 colour Silver and black mudguard and have problem with the papers.
Attached Thumbnails
Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-photo28.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2009, 21:39   #81
BHPian

CAT is 84 reg in bangalore
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:48   #82
BHPian

This austin belonged To mr habib also called abdulkhader in hydrabad
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:21   #83
BHPian

Yellow MG

Some pictures of Yellow MG seen in the rally in Hyd in 90's. Anybody knows where it is now?
Attached Thumbnails
Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-mg.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2009, 22:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

I think this yellow MG used to belong to Kumar Varma at one time. It was later painted maroon too.

Kumar also owned that Lancia Racer which is now with a fellow BHPian.

No idea who owns that MG now.

There was another MG in Hyderabad which used to be brought out very rarely by a young guy whose grandfather owned it. Was white if I remember correct. This had vanished from the scene by the late 90's

Till the time the Pondi Ashram TC came to Hyd these two Mg's were the only ones around.

This set of pictures is very interesting. In the first picture you can see Rashid Bhai's Lincoln V12 Sedan. The last time this car ever entered an event was the one at Krishna Oberoi. He had entered around eight cars in this event including the Jag SS100 replica in fact this was the last outing for this car too and his Yellow Buick Super Eight convertible and the Ford V8 sedan.

Please do post more pictures from your archives. Looking at them is like a walk through memory lane.
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

These are two different cars. The one posted by Vintagepoint is a convertible and the other is a sedan ?

There were two of these Austin 12's in thet old libruary compound opp Siasath office.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:39   #86
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
There was another MG in Hyderabad which used to be brought out very rarely by a young guy whose grandfather owned it. Was white if I remember correct. This had vanished from the scene by the late 90's
Najaf Mirza's dad used to have a white MG, remember him giving me a drive in it down Masab Tank when my father and I had gone over to see his bike collection. Not sure if you are referring to this car
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:57   #87
BHPian

Yellow Buick

Here is Yellow Buick for Wasif bhai, I don't know it is the same you are referring to, was participated in the same rally.
Attached Thumbnails
Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-yellowbuick.gif  

Old 23rd October 2009, 12:05   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Here is Yellow Buick for Wasif bhai, I don't know it is the same you are referring to, was participated in the same rally.
Thanks for the great pics, do share all the others you have from this and other rallies. These cars haven't been seen in a long time apparently.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:34   #89
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I was given this photo a while ago. This was taken at some event. Appears to be a nicely kept Austin with sliding roof. Mascot is also very neat. I am sure APX 1055 exists and DKG or Wasif (in alphabetical order)will be able to tell us more about her.

Cheers harit
This was a really nice Austin once owned by two of my uncles. It works off a magneto. The car was sold to Habib (in the picture). I think its has since moved onto another home. While the car was with my uncles it had a mascot which is a copy of the one on the LaSalle (a Leon Bollee mascot)

As fo the yellow Buick I think Rashid bhai has two, a Roadmaster and a Super. One of the two, I think the Super, may have come from a childhood friend of Dad's Mr. Badrivishal Pittie (who probably had it since new)

Last edited by DKG : 23rd October 2009 at 12:40.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:02   #90
BHPian

Austin 10

Another nice Austin 10 convertible seen in the rally.
Attached Thumbnails
Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-aust7.gif  

Most Viewed