Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 16:45   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Was this near Godrej baug/shimla house by any chance??
Yes. THat's the one! Used to be a regular sighting on sundays and holidays. Wonder which lucky guy got her?
Old 28th July 2009, 17:15   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend used to have a black 56 Fiat Millecento in Bandra, registered BML 6699. Does anyone remember it?

Also for years I would see a light green Landmaster in Pune with a Mk2 grille and a diesel engine. Registered BML 9999. Where is it now?
Old 29th July 2009, 12:59   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Something a little more exotic, from this superb site.

SVVS Web Assistance with Classic, Vintage and Veteran Cars

Any idea where this Minerva is today? Is it known? Appears to be parked with some more classics, but the photo must be pretty old.

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-1919_minerva_nn_tourer.jpg

The text on the page reads

Quote:
Photos received from Anupam Agarwalla (India) who is contemplating purchasing and rebuilding a Minerva four seat tourer. With the assistance of the Minerva Club, Tim Lemoine, we can confirm that the car is a cca 1919 Minerva Type NN. These were made between 1919 - 1921 and had a four cylinder 20 hp engine of 3570 cc. Tim has provided a picture of a similar Type XX car which shows the type of coachwork that would have been fitted and matching the rear section of the photo.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi i am looking for a 1934 vauxhall which was pale green in colour when it was owned by my father.I'm just curious to know who owns the car and where is it now.Many memories with that car.The reg number is WBB 1510
Old 29th July 2009, 15:32   #35
BHPian

I am looking for a Desert Mist Premier President 1971 Model with number MET6568. This was my Dads first car and tonnes of old memories associated with it. The car was disposed off in 1987 and was bought by someone in NALCO at Damanjodi, Orissa
Old 29th July 2009, 16:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Id love to find out where the following are:(only those whose numbers i remember are being put here) ....

Prm Padmini MMH 2299
Was this a black Prm Padmini outfitted with great upholstery, custom gear shift knob, perfume et al & sold to a gentleman from Vashi in the late 80s or early 90s for about 52k?
Old 29th July 2009, 20:04   #37
BHPian

I am looking for:
1971 API Lambretta LI 150 Series 2, blue and white, regn. CAO 7927

My dad bought it second hand in 1979 from an army friend stationed in Punjab. I used it from 1995-2000 when in college, and had the best times of my life on this bike! Sadly, we sold it in 2000. Please help!
Old 29th July 2009, 21:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
There was a Chevy Impala/Biscayne/BelAir 1960-1962 with the registration MRY 5555, metallic brown in colour in the Mumbai Mayor's garage. Where has she gone?
Dear Harit, I am 100% sure the regd no. was MRY 4444 and not 5555 and further later on all other cars for the mayor's were having 4444 nos. this was a special no only for the VIP'S. I have seen this Impala in light blue colour also when someone by name Mahadik was the mayor.In the mid 70 or beginning of 80 this car stopped being seen. I was in college in those days.
Old 29th July 2009, 23:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Dear Harit, I am 100% sure the regd no. was MRY 4444 and not 5555 and further later on all other cars for the mayor's were having 4444 nos. this was a special no only for the VIP'S. I have seen this Impala in light blue colour also when someone by name Mahadik was the mayor.In the mid 70 or beginning of 80 this car stopped being seen. I was in college in those days.
Indeed you may be correct.
But it was a Brown Chevy. Perhaps there were several Chevys
Old 29th July 2009, 23:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Something a little more exotic, from this superb site.

SVVS Web Assistance with Classic, Vintage and Veteran Cars

Any idea where this Minerva is today? Is it known? Appears to be parked with some more classics, but the photo must be pretty old.

Attachment 166725

The text on the page reads
This car is alive probably slightly further deteriorated.

Cheers harit
Old 29th July 2009, 23:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Was this a black Prm Padmini outfitted with great upholstery, custom gear shift knob, perfume et al & sold to a gentleman from Vashi in the late 80s or early 90s for about 52k?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
The Mayor's car which was an Impala 60 or 61, definitely not 62 and i have seen it in two tone colour of beige and brown, with the Stepney mounted outside the trunk. This was definitely a 4444 but may be MRY or was it MRW if im not wrong. The car was in service when Mr. Manohar Joshi was the Mayor. Its from there he picked up a fetish of having most of his cars with the number 4444. Some kind of lucky charm i think. I remember Nutan the actress had a similar LHD Impala, BMF something, also in a similar colour.

Then came the red Standard Rover 2000, when Mr. Chaggan Bhujbal was the Mayor. Now i think the Mayor roams around in a Honda City.
Old 30th July 2009, 00:52   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some cars (mostly Standards) I used to see often in Hyd. until 2002 or so. Never again so far. I can't recall all their numbers properly though.

A white + turquoiseish green Standard Pennant, regn. MEJ something. 'used to see this car often around 1998-99, parked outside a restaurant/tiffin centre "Suprabhat" near Habsiguda X roads (now demolished during road widening and moved inside a bylane) when I used to live in that area and would often go to eat there. It used to be absoultely mint, just had a herald/early amby type numberplate light fitted on the bootlid, which Pennants didn't have.

A pure white + green Pennant, TMC something, had seen it running around often around 2000-01, last seen it one night parked in a lane behind St. John's Church, Marredpally, Secunderabad (same lane where "Foodbazaar" also now exists) Also in mint condition

A white mk1 Herald, ATX 1937, first seen in 1999 with a family in Secunderabad, near Madhava Nursing home. Car was for sale then, but couldn't succeed in buying it. It went to an old gent at Banjara Hills, Road no. 12, who previously had a dark green mk2 Herald (APG 6***) languishing by the road, seemed that he had no parking space of his own. The ATX Herlad too sat at the same place unused, until it finally disappeared after 2002. I had taken 2 photos of said car once (non-digital) and I think even uploaded them online but can't seem to find them now. 'will search sometime.

Also the mention of the number 4444 reminded me- AAX 4444, a mk1 Herald, formerly owned by the same gent who owns a white '64 mk1 convertible- APU 4126 in Adarsh Nagar. He said it was white when he had it in the 80s, another previous owner of the car who met had me on another occasion told me that it was powder blue when he had it. He had given it a friend to use, when it got ruined in the Hyd. floods in year 2000. He didn't get to see it agan.

AIS 7225, a black mk3 (4-door) Herald that often used to come in the area where I stayed. 'belonged to some builder who was supervising the construction of a building in a "basti" there.
'was quite a complete car but rather roughly kept. 'last saw it in May 2000.

A powder blue mk1 Herald, APU something, that I'm told, was a single-owner Parsi car, belonged to a Parsi gent whose name starts with a "D" and was said to live somewhere behind Cherma's Secunderabad. 'was last told about this car by a friend who spotted it around 2003-04.

AHX 3146, a select that was in a lilac/grey colour, as one I previously owned was before I repainted it (see pics. in my tbhp gallery)

Again, this car was owned by a couple who used to drive down in it to our area and lived nearby (tarnaka)

Wasn't too original though. I remember at one point, it had lost the "FIAT" badge on the bonnet, the hole was covered up with green reflector sticker! 'last saw it around 2002.

No photos of all the other cars I'm afraid!

More as I remember them...

Last edited by Stanher : 30th July 2009 at 01:09.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:39   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

An uncle of mine is looking for his first car, a 1954 Citroen 2CV, black with a silver streak, that he owned back in the day in Pune. Registered BMU 3180, he says it had won the Esso economy run at 53 miles to the gallon!

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd August 2009 at 03:23. Reason: On reported post request.
Old 31st July 2009, 13:34   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
An uncle of mine is looking for his first car, a 1954 Citroen, black with a silver streak, that he owned back in the day in Pune. Registered BMU 3180, he says it had won the Esso economy run at 53 miles to the gallon!
Karl, the mention of Silver Streak, made me reminisce of the 1954 Simca Aronde 9 that we LOST. Well, was bought used and sold for a sum of Rs. 9,300/- in the late 80s. The person who bought that car had turned out to be a scrapper and when I visited him after a day or so all I could see where the body parts strewn around his shop.

This car, was repainted silver, from it's orginal Metallic brown color that we got her in and had a electric bluish symbol of lightning running through the sides of the car with Silver Streak written below it.

Am attaching a few pics of the car taken from various sources on the net.

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-aronde51pub.jpg

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-simca-9-aronde.jpg

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-simca-9-aronde-rear.jpg
Old 31st July 2009, 17:14   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Karl, the mention of Silver Streak, made me reminisce of the 1954 Simca Aronde 9 that we LOST.
Thats a somewhat uncommon car to have had. Any pictures of the original, remember the regn number? How did the car come to India?

The only Simca I have seen is a later model in Goa, fin tails, blue and silver (pictured elsewhere on the forum.)

Most Viewed