Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 09:53   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Shyam,
Surens car is a looker and has come out good. How every my few points to make har even more head turning

1. Painting the shoulders of the rims in Black will make her even more mersmerising, look at the original catalogue

2. Secondly the front parking lights are fitted wrong, the slimmer side should be pointing away from the car.

3. What about the dicky lock and the front windscreen rubber + beading.

4. Also the door pad's are fitted with the help of screws, are there no clips available to hold them in palce.
Thanks manish.
As I'd said, a few things need to be sorted out- the original dicky lock needs to be sourced.
There was a problem fitting the original windscreen rubber seal as suren was saying. I'm sure he will get it sorted out.
Yes I too noticed the front parking lights- but forgot to notify suren. Too much of distraction there, you know!

The rims are supposed to be fully painted cream- karl had guided me in this, showing us pics. of a very original '57 elegant (also in black) with rims in similar colour. The catalogue you show is of an earlier elegant ('56), which had the earlier millecento type rims- see the difference from the ones on suren's fiat.

Anyways, continuing with the rest of my pics....

Some pics. of the Nizam's cars; I couldn't get to take too clear pics. with the reflections falling on the glass:

The first car, a 1912 Rolls Royce:

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3549.jpg

Ford tourer that was used by the last Nizam on Fridays for visiting a local mosque:

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3541.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3542.jpg

The Packard and Buick 8 once used by the present Nizam:

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3543.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3544.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3545.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3546.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3547.jpg

More on the Nizam's cars can be found in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-19...carriages.html
Old 16th August 2009, 10:31   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems to be a very well organized display. I saw the blue color vintage car passing through Koti around 11:00AM and know it was heading for chowmallah

Great pictures there too
Old 16th August 2009, 12:16   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like you guys had a great time. I've always said Hyderabad never dissapoints in quality of presentation, especially bikes and more so, scooters this time round. Wonder if I'll ever get down to restoring my Vespa...

Nice to see some new cars. I was particularly intrigued to see the 2 Austins proudly displaying their old numbers, and so many cars as always sticking steadfast to the old colour scheme. Unfortunately that is never thought about at our side of the scene.

Suren, the car looks super. There is nothing quite like a newly done 57 in black - its timeless. Thanks much for painting the wheels in ivory. When you restore the interiors, even the speedo console, indicator assembly, steering coloumn etc should be in a light shade, though Im not certain if it is exactly like the wheels.

Im also pleasantly surprised to see a 65 Delight participating. High time I should think.

Stanher, your 10 is looking smashing. Whats next in store for the car?
Old 16th August 2009, 13:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Karlos..Thanks for your compliment.Since I have entered the Deccan Heritage Automobile Association as its committee member and also the Spoksperson,I have tried my best to give shape to the events from scratch and try to bring out as many Vintage Automobiles in Hyderabad.
Infact this was a back to back event after the Hyderabad Internationa Auto Show and we are lined up for 2 more events in next 2 months.Lot of work to do in fact.

This 65 Delite is what I have been planning to purchase,which I think you have too made an attempt.It belongs to my neighbour.
Old 16th August 2009, 13:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Pulsar56,
Very well shot pictures, showing every detail.
The scarlet red Triumph takes the first place in restoration and due to its rare model available followed by the 700cc Royal Enfield, two toned blue triumph, silver grey Norton Dominator.
Thanks for sharing,
Old 16th August 2009, 13:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

What a line up ! Cheers Hyderabad, this is a treat for the eyes.. The Nizam's 1912 Roller had me floored. So did the Austin Sevens and sixes.
Suren sir, your baby's turning out lovelier with each stage being completed. Shyam, your Pennant's colour scheme never fails to impress. Keep it up guys.
By the way off topic, but why don't we have a picture with as many Hyd tbhpians as possible, so we'll know what you guys look like - Hillram, Shyam, Suren, and everyone else.
Old 16th August 2009, 13:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Stanher,
Good shots of the vintage beauties, the space between the cars was a hinderence for you to get full profile shots of them is understandable.
Regards,
Old 16th August 2009, 14:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
......By the way off topic, but why don't we have a picture with as many Hyd tbhpians as possible, so we'll know what you guys look like - Hillram, Shyam, Suren, and everyone else.
Pictures of all Hyd. TBHPians are posted on the various Hyderabad meet threads - for April, May, June, July+August etc.

Cheers,
Old 16th August 2009, 14:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Nicely organized, Cannot have a better backdrop in India than the Chowmala Palace and the Nizam's cars. I read a few comments about how the Nizams Cars look bad in their current state, well I beg to differ they are a perfectly acceptable sorry "fabulous" pieces of "Found art" they will never change hands so they really dont need to be spiffy and pebble beachy, atleast we dont need to hide them till/if they do become. Just keep the glass sparkling clean and hey I'll stand in a mile long line to see them.

Suren Car looks good, wheels look smashing. I may have dicky lock without a barrel, I am sure you can retrofit some matching barrel. Will Pm you when I find it. The front spears on the elegant normally came without colour (Pure chrome), however when I bought my car they had red, I left it, adds some spunk.

As usual brilliant turnout of bikes, tough to beat Hyderabad in that Dept.
Old 17th August 2009, 00:04   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for your comments, guys!

I must admit I'm a bit slow here, but having a slow net connec. plus random poewercuts is not very helpful!

Anyways, more of the pics....

Starting with the Nizam's bikes:

A Harley Davidson, paratrooper and an unidentified one with sidecar- it is said to have had a cage fitted there for bringing chickens from the market!

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3534.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3535.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3572.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3536.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3538.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3569.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3567.jpg

The Villiers 'junior' engine of the paratrooper:

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3537.jpg

More on these bikes here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1020785-post104.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/996474-post35.html

IMHO the Harley looked relatively better in the earlier 'as found' pics. The Indian with sidecar also was present, but kept separately, at one of the palace courtyards, which fell behind the DHAA car stall, so didn't get to click it, as the security was fussy about allowing people near the cars there! Most of the Nizam's horse carriages (minus the horses of course!) also were parked there.

Quote:
By the way off topic, but why don't we have a picture with as many Hyd tbhpians as possible, so we'll know what you guys look like - Hillram, Shyam, Suren, and everyone else.
Your wish is my command!
Although for now just this pic. of yours truly- (trying to) pose with the Harley!

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3539.jpg

More to follow...

Last edited by Stanher : 17th August 2009 at 00:12.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Shyam- lovely bikes, esp the paratrooper. Well, you're posing almost like you OWN these beauties. . Shall we rename you "The Nizam" ?
Old 17th August 2009, 11:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks manish.
As I'd said, a few things need to be sorted out- the original dicky lock needs to be sourced.

The rims are supposed to be fully painted cream- karl had guided me in this, showing us pics. of a very original '57 elegant (also in black) with rims in similar colour. The catalogue you show is of an earlier elegant ('56), which had the earlier millecento type rims- see the difference from the ones on suren's fiat.
Yes the rims differ, din't know about the color though .
Old 17th August 2009, 12:47   #43
BHPian

[quote=IndrojitSircar;1433590]Hi everyone
seems to been have a good time for many of us.I'm sure some more cars would have come,Could we have the complete set of pics pls.Thankx

P.S. could anyone tell me what the two cars below are?

Hi
The White car is a rebodied opel of early 30s, the blue one seems like a 1928 chevy , 4 cyls, OHV , if will b nice if it gets a pair a headlights, set of door handles,bumper and of course the radiator badge.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:19   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, you're posing almost like you OWN these beauties. . Shall we rename you "The Nizam" ?
Arre Nakko yAru! In case the present Nizam descendant is surfing this thread!!

I wish I could've given a better pose though, I was a bit apprehensive about the security restraining people from the exhibits. But aside, I also feel these bikes should've been kept in glass displays similar to the cars. Maybe they were kept outside for the show that day. DKG would know better.

Anyways, continuing with my pics....the DHAA bikes:

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3550.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3556.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3557.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3560.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3568.jpg

An Indian and a Norton with identical side-indicator arrangement!

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3562.jpg

The lovely Indian chief and TWN of Lt. col. Shashidhar...also seen at the HIAS show.

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3563.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3564.jpg

A BSA that belonged to late Mr. Inderjeet Sherry, former President of DHAA. We sure missed him this time!

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3566.jpg

More pics. to follow....

Last edited by Stanher : 17th August 2009 at 13:20.
Old 17th August 2009, 21:09   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Final set of pics. from me:

Scooters galore- quite a number of old scoots had turned up, including 2 series 2 Lambrettas, beside my personal favourite, this '59 series 1 that is also a DHAA regular:

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3551.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3555.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3554.jpg

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3558.jpg

A later model Suvega (deluxe)- I'd seen an earlier version, at a previous show, with the metal Suvega badge. It was a cream 'patina' look one with an APP regn. 'never saw it again.

Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-img_3559.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks