Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 21:57   #46
BHPian

Truly stunning...such beautiful cars and bikes! Hats off to you Hyderabad enthusiasts!!!
Old 17th August 2009, 22:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Scooters galore- quite a number of old scoots had turned up, including 2 series 2 Lambrettas, beside my personal favourite, this '59 series 1 that is also a DHAA regular:
Nice clean series 1 even the side panel badges seem to be original aluminum with the fixing pins visible. Personally my Favorite Lambretta too. And increasingly getting rarer than an LD.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:21   #48
BHPian

Thanks for sharing nice pictures and some new entries. Surprise to see one of our Austin-12hp after many years. APY 1582, this Austin was with us until early 80's it was full black in colour, now it seems cross arc like bar below front headlights were removed. Want to know who is present owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-dsc_0291.jpg  

Last edited by vintagepoint5 : 18th August 2009 at 15:24. Reason: miss the pic.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

@Vintage point..as I was the organiser of this Vintage Car and Motorcycle display on behalf of DHAA,we cannot reveal the names of the owners.Hope you understand.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, guys----love that collection. Somehow I could not make it this time to view this spectacular display.

Suren--your car has stirred nostalgic memories in me---I've travelled in that Fiat model for 100s of kilometers as a kid. However, I do remember that it had an issue if the front doors were not shut tight---they used to swing open, as they open the other way round, compared to all other cars. Not sure if you've faced this issue.
Old 18th August 2009, 17:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

That sure looks like it was a great event. Some new cars to be seen for the first time.

Who owns that red Packard never seen it before and the Volvo Amazon too.

Looks pretty well organised too. Some of the bikes are exceptionally well restored. Can't say the same about some of the cars though.

Wonder why other prominent collectors from Hyderabad are not participating in this event.
Old 19th August 2009, 11:17   #52
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Who owns that red Packard never seen it before
Arre wah Wasif, Hyderabad ke hote aap nahin jaante??? This has always been with the Golconda cigarettes Shah Alam family

Quote:
Wonder why other prominent collectors from Hyderabad are not participating in this event.
I'm sure many more would participate if invited. Sadly Sherry is no more, he worked tirelessly to call up every one.

When the estate called me up to ask if it was a good idea to let this club organise an event on the premises I wholeheartedly supported saying its a step always in the right direction considering the Nizam's cars are on display.

Its not at all about two clubs as some people are thinking. Its just about networking and ensuring more people come in. I am a member of neither but participate in both club events.

The organisers called me too late, reacting only after the estate pointed it out, by then I had committed to an offroad excursion with friends and couldn't back out.

Its hard work to organise events and I am glad a lovely gathering took place. Some of the organisers don't know that it was with Sherry and Aniruddh I first broached the subject of organising a quality event at Chowmahalla.

That palace is a stunning setting and believe me guys it should in all likelihood feature as part of a world class event being planned for Hyderabad soon

Harit I have a personal request to make. You must finish Dhanrajgirji's Packard soon (like July 2010 latest). I would love to see that car restored and revealed again at Hyderabad. I will help you take her back to her original home for a photoshoot and an introduction to the family who still live in that stunning palace. That's my promise to you.

APX 190 is a delight. How lovely

Last edited by DKG : 19th August 2009 at 11:20.
Old 19th August 2009, 11:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hey DKG.

There you go one tends to forget these kind of things over time and distance.

BTW I visited the palace and was delighted to see the cars and the buggys etc. Its a great thing that they are being preserved as is and not being restored.

Unfortunately time didn't permit meeting up with you though. Look forward to seeing you sometime in the UAE !!

Now Hyd has an active Vintage Car scene its imperative that all major collectors be invited for such gatherings. How sad to note that this is not done.

Hope to see more fab machines in the near future.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:13   #54
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Apart from this 48 Packard they have the lovely 49 Buick, a 36 Buick sedan, a 39 Buick sedan and the Plymouth convertible, all very well maintained. I don't know if you ever met him but Ali Taqi, a brilliant mechanic was on their rolls during a good 10-15 of his last years and made sure all cars were in top nick.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:14   #55

hey great to these oldies in good condition yar, Mr. Gendarmee, as far as to my knowledge, any vehicle above 40 yrs, [say till 1970] r considered as Classic's above 70yrs, [say till 1940] r considered as vintage
Old 13th December 2014, 06:27   #56

Re: Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th

1912? Rolls Royce at Chowmahalla palace.
Attached Thumbnails
Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th-rolls3128.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks