Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

hanomag interiors

wasif,canonball,
here is a photo of the interiors(sorry for the poor pic quality)
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-hanmag2.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2009, 16:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ajay I like the shape very stream linish but in a minimilist way. Any more pics of the interior?
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hello All

I am attaching few more photos of the oldies on display in Trivandrum on the 22nd Jan 1990.

There were few requests from people like Cannonball for interior photos.

I must say here that most of the owners then were rather suspicious in nature of the guy with the camera, wanting to shoot the old cars. They wanted to know what I was benefiting out of this and what would I share with the owners.

I still remember the owner of the 1930 Fiat Dallela (the red car in the picture titled the Line up of the oldest). He would not allow me even to take photo of the exterior even. Mind you he was the so called organiser of the event.

Hence I could not get almost no photos of the interiors. But then again, most of the cars were in reasonable shape outwardly but interiors were not really restored. Yoou can see the example of the Morris 8 in the pictures below

Hope you enjoy these pictures.

1. Hanomag Front Rt Qtr view
2. Hanomag Rear Rt Qtr view
3. Hanomag Rear
4. Hanomag Front
5. Line-up of the Oldest 1930 Fiat Dallela & 1936 Morris 8
6. Morris 8 along with Transport from an even earlier era
7. Morris 8 1936 - 3 pictures

Picture 5 - I really have my doubts about the Fiat Dallela. It definitely looks like one of the 1930s 5 series cars. But the name Dallela itself I really could not look up any where. The owner of this car was so secretive about its history that I could not get any more info then. Even now on interenet the name Fiat Dallela does not ring any response. Can any of you give some more info on this

Best regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-hanomag-1937a.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-hanomag-1937b.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-hanomag-1937c.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-hanomag-1937d.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-lineup-oldest.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-morris-8-1936-transport-earlier-era.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-morris-8-1936-b.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-morris-8-1936-interior.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-morris-8-1936.jpg  

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 2nd September 2009 at 19:30.
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

That Fiat referred to as Dallela must actually be a Ballila i guess.
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
yes wasif,it is a 1934 fiat ballila and it is still with the same owners nephew
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Even I thout it would be Ballila. But since the owner insisted it was Dallela I wanted to be doubly sure.

Ajay the registration date of the Car is 17th July 1933. So the Doctor's claim that it was a 1930 model could be true. Those days to get a car to TVM or India from Italy it would definitely take more than a year

Thanks and Best Regards

Ram
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:40   #22
BHPian

Hmmm... Hoping to get information if these events still exist and happens in Tvrm
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewJ View Post
Hmmm... Hoping to get information if these events still exist and happens in Tvrm
the last such event (rally) took place in 2001.vintage car displays occur every year as part of some autoexhibhition.
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:21   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I am attaching few more photos of the oldies on display in Trivandrum on the 22nd Jan 1990.
5. Line-up of the Oldest 1930 Fiat Dallela & 1936 Morris 8
I really loved this photo, but- no offense- because I could spot a white mk1 Herald passing by in the opposite direction!!

My wish fulfilled at last! How I wish there were enough Heralds left to participate in today's rallies!

As for the attitude of the owners reg. photos- I wonder how and why they decided to hold such an event in public, without allowing any photos/other forms of publicity!

Also, Mr. Nair, I think I remember you mentioning your family's mk2 Herald in another thread once- yes, ajay 99 had found out that the last owner had sold it for scrap 5 years ago...sad!
Old 3rd September 2009, 02:03   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay thanks for the PM. May be the Hanomag was repainted to Dark Blue since 1990. We are talking about the same car. The manufacturers plate of the car had 1937 on it - I have seen it myself. May be the RTOs wrote 7 as 9 in their records. About the CARE bit I can clarify latter.

Best Regards

Ram
Thanks Ram for the lovely pictures. My father's boss (ex-Director of Tourism, Kerala State) had a very similar (probably the same!) Hanomag. Been to our house many times! I am not divulging any names here!!! Cheers
Old 3rd September 2009, 08:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Thanks Ram for the lovely pictures. My father's boss (ex-Director of Tourism, Kerala State) had a very similar (probably the same!) Hanomag. Been to our house many times! I am not divulging any names here!!! Cheers
i dont know the name of the director of TOURISM,GOVT OF KERALA,
but this car belonged to a former PVT SECRETARY to the MAHARAJAH OF TRAVANCORE.also this same person had previously owned a RILEY RM1500 and a DKW sedan(now in GERMANY!!)
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I really loved this photo, but- no offense- because I could spot a white mk1 Herald passing by in the opposite direction!!

My wish fulfilled at last! How I wish there were enough Heralds left to participate in today's rallies!
Stanher, hats off to your eye for the Standard!

This comment jolted my memmory. That white Herald was infact parked there and it belonged to a friend at that time in 1990.

Originally, that car was my cousin's (Late Dr. Gopinathan Nayar) . Reg No. KLT 7667. It was 1965 Model Mk I. Original colour Blue, Repainted in white in 1969. The Car was sold off in 1973 when the good doctor left for higher studies to UK.

In late 80s a friend of mine got it after many hands. He was there at the falg off point of the rally that day and I was equally surprised to see the car with him and I gave him some additional info about the history of the car.

Thanks and Best regards

Take care & drive safe

Ram
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

i have seen that car maybe a decade ago.
dont know where it is now.
by the way there are still 1-2 heralds in running condition in trivandrum still
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:31   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Stanher, hats off to your eye for the Standard!

This comment jolted my memmory. That white Herald was infact parked there and it belonged to a friend at that time in 1990.

Originally, that car was my cousin's (Late Dr. Gopinathan Nayar) . Reg No. KLT 7667. It was 1965 Model Mk I. Original colour Blue, Repainted in white in 1969. The Car was sold off in 1973 when the good doctor left for higher studies to UK.

Ram
Just yesterday I was wondering what happened to KLT-7667 (my cousin was married to Gopi Chettan). It was a lovely car - have riden in it many times, unfortunately was too young to drive then! He later moved on to a white Premier Padmini (KRT-1585, if my memory serves me right).
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Just yesterday I was wondering what happened to KLT-7667 (my cousin was married to Gopi Chettan). It was a lovely car - have riden in it many times, unfortunately was too young to drive then! He later moved on to a white Premier Padmini (KRT-1585, if my memory serves me right).
I have PMed you with details. Now its family (extended though)

The world is really becoming small.

Best Regards

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks