Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 20:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

a great show. LOVE to see these scoots running, the sound when heard is awesome. when will we ever see something as beautiful as these as the ones' on road are eye soars.

anyway, the blue lamby (MEN 828) looks awesome!!!
Old 1st February 2010, 20:44   #92
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations guys, you may be one of the first successful scootering clubs in the country. Now only if we had a edition in Mumbai or Pune. How many of these Scooters belong to Bhpian's? Why not put names to all the faces. Sidman your scooter looks smashing!
Old 1st February 2010, 21:50   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
a great show. LOVE to see these scoots running, the sound when heard is awesome. when will we ever see something as beautiful as these as the ones' on road are eye soars.

anyway, the blue lamby (MEN 828) looks awesome!!!
I second your statement!

PS: I think you mean MEN 1828, which is a Vijai Super.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

BCSC Members whom I know!

Dr. Shyam Sundar (B'lore Beetle Club)

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01551.jpg

Mr. Suri (KVCCC)

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01552.jpg

Pavan Kadam (B'lore Beetle Club)

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01556.jpg

Mr. Ajuba ( Scooter Expert)

Name:  DSC01560.JPG
Views: 2539
Size:  238.1 KB

Mr. Arun (50+ scoots owner) (Founder member-BCSC)

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01564.jpg

Mr. Rajendra Prasad (KVCCC) (Fiat 1100 TV)

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01567.jpg

Mr. Jatin (Fiat Club B'lore) (Fiat Collector and Scooter Exporter!)

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01569.jpg

Mr. Sujith ( Founder member-FCB)

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01580.jpg

Mr. Siddharth (Founder member-BCSC)

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01587.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-dsc01581.jpg  

Old 1st February 2010, 22:34   #95
BANNED

There was lot of speculation going on while discussing the white wall inserts and the "Lambretta Innocenti GP 200" in the last pic.

That scoot actually is a 100% Vijay Super Mark I, with just different badgings.

Not being offensive, an extremely well maintained scoot.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:16   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Pavan Kadam (B'lore Beetle Club)
Aah, so finally we now know what namma VW guru looks like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
There was lot of speculation going on while discussing the white wall inserts and the "Lambretta Innocenti GP 200" in the last pic.
That scoot actually is a 100% Vijay Super Mark I, with just different badgings.
Not being offensive, an extremely well maintained scoot.
Yup, despite the badging, somehow you can tell it's a Vijai and not a GP by any means.
I'd be interested to know where the whitewalls were obtained from. I presume they are genuine, not painted.
Old 2nd February 2010, 08:40   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I'd be interested to know where the whitewalls were obtained from. I presume they are genuine, not painted.
They are white wall inserts.
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:50   #98
Senior - BHPian

Officially, what are the scoots that can be part of this club? I have a couple of them (not really in running condition and considering to restore them).

1) My dad's Bajaj Super (Early 80's model, I am guessing. CAN registration)
2) My Bajaj Super FE, 1991 model.

The first one is not in a running condition at all. My dad got it overhauled in around 2001, the guy did a very bad job and engine had some terrible sound. My dad just stopped using it next day and was pissed off. It lies there just like that since then

The second one might still be in running condition. When my dad stopped using his Bajaj, he continued using mine since I had bought my RX135 then. He used it until I bought him an Activa in 2007. Its been 2 years since it was used. I hope it is still running.

I am not sure which one I may restore. I still have to take stock of the situation by analyzing the condition of both scoots. Are both these models eligible to be part of BCSC?

BTW...We had decided to scrap both scoots over a year ago, somehow it dint happen. After FCB and BCSC, a new interest to retain these scoots have generated in me. Lets see how it goes.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:39   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Officially, what are the scoots that can be part of this club? I have a couple of them (not really in running condition and considering to restore them).

1) My dad's Bajaj Super (Early 80's model, I am guessing. CAN registration)
2) My Bajaj Super FE, 1991 model.
Technically both scoots can be a part of the Club. Ideally, your dad's Bajaj Super would be the more desirable one, since its older. Though most members have Lambretta or Vespa, we wouldn't want to leave out the Bajaj scooters from the early 80's. Pavan Kadam brought his '85 Priya along, very neat looking scoot. Let us know what your plans are...hope to see you join BCSC!
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:49   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Technically both scoots can be a part of the Club. Ideally, your dad's Bajaj Super would be the more desirable one, since its older. Though most members have Lambretta or Vespa, we wouldn't want to leave out the Bajaj scooters from the early 80's. Pavan Kadam brought his '85 Priya along, very neat looking scoot. Let us know what your plans are...hope to see you join BCSC!
For practical reasons, I would consider restoring my 1991 Super FE first. Sid, do you know what the availability of parts is for these Bajaj's? And do you know any good restorer for Bajaj's?

Last edited by funkykar : 2nd February 2010 at 18:50.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:02   #101
BHPian

Quote:
For practical reasons, I would consider restoring my 1991 Super FE first. Sid, do you know what the availability of parts is for these Bajaj's? And do you know any good restorer for Bajaj's?
Bajaj parts are easy to get at JC Road, and you might want to speak to my mechanic about restoring it. Ask Sujith for my number, and give me a call on Friday.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:08   #102
Senior - BHPian

Sure Sid! There is a lot that I need to talk to you about. I was waiting for the Sunday rally and badly wanted to make it to the rally, but couldnt due to personal reasons.

Are original Bajaj parts available at JC road or they are just after market like how we get some for our Fiats.

I got another news for you which will get you excited for sure. Another friends dad has a Lamby and my friend wants to restore it some time. He has just got this thought recently. He casually asked me to check if parts are available and who can restore it to its originality. I saw it from far and could make out that it has been lying around since ages. I will have a closer look at it this weekend and post pics. If my friend decides to restore, are the necessary Lamby original parts available/manageable?

Last edited by funkykar : 2nd February 2010 at 19:10.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:31   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Sure Sid! There is a lot that I need to talk to you about. I was waiting for the Sunday rally and badly wanted to make it to the rally, but couldnt due to personal reasons.

Are original Bajaj parts available at JC road or they are just after market like how we get some for our Fiats.

I got another news for you which will get you excited for sure. Another friends dad has a Lamby and my friend wants to restore it some time. He has just got this thought recently. He casually asked me to check if parts are available and who can restore it to its originality. I saw it from far and could make out that it has been lying around since ages. I will have a closer look at it this weekend and post pics. If my friend decides to restore, are the necessary Lamby original parts available/manageable?
A lot of original Bajaj parts are available, not a problem. Now, thats some good news...is your friend's scooter a Lamby 150? Its a bit difficult to get Lamby parts, but we can manage that as well. Let us know if you'd like to meet up and discuss these scooters, but please provide some photos first, and post them in the appropriate threads.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:33   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
A lot of original Bajaj parts are available, not a problem. Now, thats some good news...is your friend's scooter a Lamby 150? Its a bit difficult to get Lamby parts, but we can manage that as well. Let us know if you'd like to meet up and discuss these scooters, but please provide some photos first, and post them in the appropriate threads.
Yes, I will post pictures during the weekend. I dont know anything about that Lamby. My friend too really doesnt know too much. I hope to see it this weekend closely and I hope it is in a restorable state
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:37   #105
BANNED

I did not understand the reason behind re-badging the mark 1 vijay super. Why....?

Some guys owned rare ones, but not well kept, for instance the Rajdoot runabout.

And many scooters were driven by the owners to the venue but were driven out by mechanics.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-p310110_17.00.jpg  

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC)-p310110_17.30_01.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks