Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 21:59   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
A very nice display of Muthukumars collection. From his posts one could see that he goes deep into details, and that can be seen on the bikes. Keep it up!

Cheers harit
Thanks Haritji !!
Few months before, I was asked to display some of my bikes to "automobile engineering students" at Tamil Nadu Engineering College,here's it>>
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc10165-.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2010, 15:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

[quote=powertwin;1651284]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
The bikes featured in the show is only a few, I request powertwin to post all his collection in this thread.

JAMES ML 125

it came as J a M e S m L...
One fact about James handgear bikes: many were used in circus's where two bikes go around in a globe. I have bought some such bikes from cirus's and could make up 2 bikes with some parts sourced elsewhere. Their condition was even worse than this, lots of welding on the frames.

Cheers harit
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:59   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
@powertwin.

We are all awaiting for the rest of beauties to take exhibition train in this thread... The Cycle category should be featured here final item, lets keep the suspense with us.
My HUMBER Bi Cycle (1940)
Hope nobody expected a bike of this kind in my my garage.
This Humber Bi cycle was purchased from M/S Shah Cycle Importing CO., by the previous owner ( Mr Salam Bai 's grand father) .
My father too had one Humber,but it was CCIL Humber,(but it is no more like my Dad )
Some time a year before Mr.Bhai was talking about geared Hub bi cycle,which was their family's prop and he took me his ancestral house( a village 100kms away from my place),There he showed a bi cycle frame and a jute bag of some dismantalled items of that bike,When I saw the Rear Hub (see pic -in -pic) I noticed some thing special about that and asked his father,He told it was an DYNAMO built in 3 Speed Hub.So I bought those items and then went learning about "Sturmy Archer Hubs".
I restored the bi-cycle to present condition,sourcing some original parts like SA head lights, Humber water stickers (but was not in use),Hand air inflate rs etc.,
Though the Sturmy Archer 3 speed(built in gears) Dynamo Hub was generating nearly20amps current(of course 6V) at approximately 150 rpm of the wheel,the built in gears was worn out 50% and didn't get that gear selector chain, so decided to go at top gear only
The Ball racers where totally different quality, it was simply 100 times better than the best available in the market.
Usually front Dyno- hub was introduced first and then came the rear Dyno- hub with 3 speed change gears.
This cycle was painted "stove enamel" and pin striped with gold enamel as it had in forties.

@ trammway ; you told me Cycle to come finally, but this is not final,do you know why ??

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Do not use bold font for the entire post.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-myhumberbicycle1940s1.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd February 2010 at 10:02.
Old 14th February 2010, 15:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Thank you all for the compliments !!
Well Jay-D has posted all most all the 13 bikes, I exhibited,but think he forgot to post my fav HONDA CB 125 -k3 (twin), here it is....

Will post some separate pics of this TWIN ,with facts & figures...soon!!
Here is the pics of Honda CB125 k3,just got it clicked after a short weekend ride

Old 14th February 2010, 15:43   #50
BHPian

About HONDA CB 125 -k3 & My bike

Quote:
Here is the pics of Honda CB125 k3,just got it clicked after a short weekend ride
Hi All,
In the above posted pics of my HONDA CB 125 -k3 :
note few stock parts are replaced with the alternate parts from some easily accessible ones, they are:-
1) Front Mudguard ,2) Side panels ,both RH & LH ( will get the original stuff soon!!),3)Indicators ( coming with the side panels) 4) I doesn't have twin Khein carbs,....I have replaced with single "MIKUNI VM28" ( think there is a less chance of getting new Khein carbs,coz the company stopped production of This particular carbs)
The above details are furnished, so that NOBODY should be misled , about the stock HONDA CB 125-k3 (twin)
Now,
.....Honda CB125K3

]This was the first of the 'vertical' twin super-sports, running the same fabricated chassis as the CB175K3, and CB175K4. It was a little heavier than the tubular CR93 type chassis, and with a very rigid pivot for the sing arm, handled very well indeed.

It had the side cam chain, which was more reliable & lighter then the center
chain .
Mechanical specification
of Honda CB125K3 model year 1971
Engine type: Single overhead cam twin cylinder two valve.
Bore and stroke: 44mm x 41mm[
Compression ratio 9:4:1
Carburation: twin Keihin 22mm slide type
Weight: 112kg
Dimensions: 1980mm x 1040mm
Displacement: 124cc
Power 15 BHP @ 11000 RPM
Torque 1.05kgm @ 9500 RPM
Tyre sizes: Front 2.50 x 18/rear 2.75 x 18
Old 26th March 2010, 12:12   #51
BHPian

Amazing collection Muthu. Heading to your place tommo
Old 26th March 2010, 12:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Amazing collection Muthu. Heading to your place tommo
Make sure you take camera and be ready to spare couple of hours.....I been to his place many times, very interesting chap with lots of knowledge.....

And please convey my regards to him.

Last edited by girishpv : 26th March 2010 at 12:39.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:31   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Make sure you take camera and be ready to spare couple of hours.....I been to his place many times, very interesting chap with lots of knowledge.....

And please convey my regards to him.
Sure Girish
But I haven't called Muthu yet hope he will be free
Old 10th September 2010, 17:50   #54
BHPian

My "Hero student"

Recent addition to my garage " Hero Student" ( 60cc)
Ever since I saw this Moped in a Spanish site ( web), couple of years before & tried to a lot at least to know the facts & figures of the machine,but none of the Indian sites furnished the details including the official web site of
" Majestic Auto ltd.," one of the Leading Moped manufacturer of the country.
At last had a chance to lay my hands on this lovely moped...& its mine now!!
here are the pics:, technical specs & some action pics to follow
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc13799.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc13800.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc13801.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc13802.jpg  

Old 10th September 2010, 18:00   #55
BHPian

Hero student- 60cc twist & go Moped!!

About HERO Student
Engine : single cylinder 2 stroke/ air cooled
bore X stroke : 43.5 X 39mm
power; 3.0 Bhp @ 5000rpm
transmission: single speed 7 roller chain
clutch: centrifugal dry
wheels& brakes: 2.25X 16 ( both front & rear) internal expanding brakes
suspension: Front;-telescopic with spring
rear: - Swinging fork with hydraulic shock absorbers
General features:
Electronic CDI / magneto 12V - 40 W / Kick start / max speed 55 kmph
fuel tank in housed in tubular chassis/ fuel cap- 2 liters / capacity; 2 persons

Manufactured by : MAJESTIC AUTO Ltd.,
India.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc13676.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc13679.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc13666.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-student.jpg  

Old 10th September 2010, 18:46   #56
BHPian

My recently restored RE Bullet 1959

Think My quest to attain 99 .9% perfection ,with 99 % () stock parts
in a 1959 model RE Bullet,has been fulfilled in this bike to some extent !!
Though the bike is running on Mikcarb Carburettor, have a Amal 276 mono-bloc carb ( will be fitted after 1000 miles from now)
even had a chance to procure a " Dual brake front brake drum assembly", but avoided for reasons other then : 1} Its a stock part for 1959 Bullet deluxe only (where my '59 is STD Bull) & 2} They were asking heaven for it ( approx 15K)
other then that almost everything was sourced to my hearts content!!
& as usual this was also a basket job, Yes it was picked in bits and pieces,with many vital**(??) parts missing

ps: vital parts** in British th umbers mean: Smiths speedo, Lucas amp meter,Lucas controls, O.E chain cover,O.E speedo drive, Monograms.
Mostly these vital parts will be sold by the previous owner ( i mean commercial guys ) to the recent owner after few weeks from date of sale of the bike @ extra cost & cock & Bull stories
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-re-1.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-re4.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-re6.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-re-3.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-re-2.jpg  

Old 10th September 2010, 19:16   #57
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Powertwin really well done job. The restoration reflects a high degree of passion and commitment in getting this bike to this condition. Congrats

Cheers

KPS
Old 11th September 2010, 13:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ps: vital parts** in British th umbers mean: Smiths speedo, Lucas amp meter,Lucas controls, O.E chain cover,O.E speedo drive, Monograms.
Mostly these vital parts will be sold by the previous owner ( i mean commercial guys ) to the recent owner after few weeks from date of sale of the bike @ extra cost & cock & Bull stories
This practice is not new, has been happening since the 1980's. Saw a 1920's Fiat tourer, lovely car without gearbox, and the vendor knew of one available. Maybe he wanted to sell that later, separately, once you have such a car you need the box irrespective of the price.
I tend to buy such parts when I need them, expensive or not.

Cheers harit
Old 12th September 2010, 18:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This practice is not new, has been happening since the 1980's. Saw a 1920's Fiat tourer, lovely car without gearbox, and the vendor knew of one available. Maybe he wanted to sell that later, separately, once you have such a car you need the box irrespective of the price.
I tend to buy such parts when I need them, expensive or not.

Cheers harit
Your are absolutely right Sir !!, but dunno when it started.
at recent times this kind of practice has become common even among so called enthusiasts (excluding real enthusiasts )
For example when AJS M16 was bought,there was monograms, Lucas relay, Smiths meter etc., even though the bike was in bad shape ,before the deal was fixed, he showed a huge gunny bag with plenty of parts ( you can see the Monograms & Lucas relay in the pic)
To our disappointment monograms, relay, meters ( replaced with Yenkay Bullet meter) were missing , even after showing the above pic, They (Seller & the broker) came out with some peculiar story, saying it was some ones property, they have fixed to see how the stuff looks and now it was returned to that person .
Few weeks After we picking the bike, same broker, without a bit of hesitation approached me & said he has sourced parts like AJS monograms,smiths meter & some seat plate & asked heaven for it!!
Shameless buggers , I turn down his offer & sourced them on my own effort.
On the contrary, I remember the same guy, was a middleman( Broker) when I sold my Bullet(1972 but modified with retro looks) to your place , since I gave him a photo of the bike with an Original glass wind shield fitted on to the bike ( that pic was shot immediately when the bike was restored ,a couple of years before)
After sending the bike to Mumbai, that old Fox, cleverly approached me, saying that the present owner has asked for that wind screen since the WS was in the photo, immediately without any second thought or argument I gave him the full set of WS well packed with at most care 'coz its going long way to Mumbai
Which was sold to my friend at Kerala after a month or two, this I knew when that guy approached me for the fitting instructions of the WS glass.
Either at least this guy should have sold to the same gentleman at Mumbai, if not for free !!.
to add salt & pepper to the wound,This broker guy has told my Kerala Friend that he has bought the WS from me !!( this is to prove that the stuff is genuine ) & more over requested him not discuss regarding this wind shield with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-ajs-b4.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-ajs-after.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-mybigbull2.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2010, 19:14   #60
BHPian

My KAWASAKI KH 100 ex

I always had a thought of owning a " Rotary Valve " 2 stoke Bike in my garage!!
Even thought of picking a Bajaj RTZ to have in " Disc Valve breathing " category ( ever since I parted my SUZUKI GP 125 { 1976})
couple of years before from now.
While searching for " rotary valve " breathed smaller machines...had a chance of enjoying the below Ad !! of a Kawasaki KH 100

& came to the conclusion,..this was my BIKE !!

Mods to note: If you find this particular post, spoils the reputation of T-bhp, plz delete
* hence i am posting My Kawasaki KH 100 pics & facts & figures on my next thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks