Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:29   #61
BHPian

Kawasaki KH 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
* hence i am posting My Kawasaki KH 100 pics & facts & figures on my next thread
Here are the pics of my KAWASAKI KH 100 ex,
.....clean stock bike with all the Vital parts, needs some attention on front fender & seats though

& now my RX 100 with KH 100..just to visualize the size of KH 100

Facts & figures of KH 100
Engine & transmission :
cap : 99cc
bore X stroke : 49.5X51.6 mm
power : 10.50 bhp @7500 rpm
torque: 9.76 Nm 2 7000 rpm
Carb: mikuni VM19sc
FUEL CONTROL : Rotary Valve
lubrication : super lube oil injection pump
Transmission : 5 speed
start ; kick start
Dry weight: 84.5 kgms ( only)
Wheels : 2.25X 18 ( front) Alloy
2.50 X 18 ( rear) Alloy
Brakes : Front disc brakes
rear drum leading cam.
Instruments: Nippon seki
Some more pics of individual parts like wheels & stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc14107-copy.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc14108-copy.jpg  

Old 5th December 2010, 21:35   #62
BHPian

Guess this will be talk of town ( Coimbatore)!!!

Though this thread deals with my bike collections, think this will be the right place to post this>>>>>>>
Cotton City Scooter Club
This " CCSC" was formed by one GURU "akka" Kumaragurubaran ( Coimbatore) few weeks before from now!!
A couple of weeks before a " scooter rally" was organized by our Guru at Coimbatore & today ( 5 th December 2010) a Rally was planned & executed by Guru, it turned to be a grand success
We all gathered at RACE Course road, near Thomas Park, 18 scooters was expected to participate in the rally, to our surprise 21 Scooters took part.
The scooters participated >>> to name few..
* Lambrettas, Vijay supers, Vespa 150s,Bajaj Cub, Falcon, LML Vespa,Bajaj Chetaks & VESPA GL 150
We all assembled & the rally started at about 11.30 AM and covered a distance of 20 kms, in between we had tea break & media interviews .
It was decided to conduct this kind of rallies at Last Sundays of every month to follow...
on my part 2 of scoots was IN>>> a 1977 Vijai Super ( still with stock paint & stuff)
& a Bajaj cub (Just done 1000kms for past 20 years)
Another scooter Vespa 150 ( 1964) which was restored by me for my friend Sabari was a eye catcher at the rally
Now some pics from my side...
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12627.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12546.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12548.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12545.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12550.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12557.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12572.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12574.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12586.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12615.jpg  

Last edited by powertwin : 5th December 2010 at 21:37.
Old 5th December 2010, 21:54   #63
BHPian

Cotton City Scooter Club (Rally pics - 2)

Second set of pics.......
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12593.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12607.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12612.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12624.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12563.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12577.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12569.jpg  

Old 5th December 2010, 22:19   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Though this thread deals with my bike collections, think this will be the right place to post this>>>>>>>
Cotton City Scooter Club
This " CCSC" was formed by one GURU "akka" Kumaragurubaran ( Coimbatore) few weeks before from now!!
A couple of weeks before a " scooter rally" was organized by our Guru at Coimbatore & today ( 5 th December 2010) a Rally was planned & executed by Guru, it turned to be a grand success
We all gathered at RACE Course road, near Thomas Park, 18 scooters was expected to participate in the rally, to our surprise 21 Scooters took part.
The scooters participated >>> to name few..
* Lambrettas, Vijay supers, Vespa 150s,Bajaj Cub, Falcon, LML Vespa,Bajaj Chetaks & VESPA GL 150
We all assembled & the rally started at about 11.30 AM and covered a distance of 20 kms, in between we had tea break & media interviews .
It was decided to conduct this kind of rallies at Last Sundays of every month to follow...
on my part 2 of scoots was IN>>> a 1977 Vijai Super ( still with stock paint & stuff)
& a Bajaj cub (Just done 1000kms for past 20 years)
Another scooter Vespa 150 ( 1964) which was restored by me for my friend Sabari was a eye catcher at the rally. A short video from my side....
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid264.photobucket.co m%2Falbums%2Fii169%2Fnetzonecbe%2FSDC14358.mp4">

Last edited by powertwin : 5th December 2010 at 22:26. Reason: Mods plz delete this post...
Old 5th December 2010, 23:13   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is really awesome! So now a classic scooter club @ kovai as well!! Soooo-pper! May the tribe increase!

I particularly like the pic. of the LML appearing to be 'admired' by the 'peNN' in the jewellery ad! But IMHO a CLASSIC scoot like a Lammy or a Vespa150 would've been better suited for t his classic shot!

PS: Why is kumargurubaran called "akka"??!
Old 6th December 2010, 20:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

Wow thanks for posting the pics of the scooters powertwin, I have ridden quite a few of them & I loved the pic of the Cub as we had one in same color & indicator style for couple of years.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:03   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Wow thanks for posting the pics of the scooters powertwin, I have ridden quite a few of them & I loved the pic of the Cub as we had one in same color & indicator style for couple of years.
Thanks Technocrat!!
Hee!! hee!! that Bajaj cub is mine !!
This 20 year CUB, has done just 1000kms, it was gift from my friend,when she came to me it had clocked just 293KMS, he gave me 2 Cubs 4477 & 4466 both registered same day.One belongs him & other to his brother.His name is Chandersekar Agoram.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12105.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc12107.jpg  

Old 30th December 2010, 21:19   #68
BHPian

JAWA 250cc- Spare Parts Catalog

Quote:
Couldn't resist from posting some pics of my "JAWA
ps: But we can still we can share our restoration ideas& memories about this
"For Ever BIKE, For Ever VALUE" Legend
Wish to share " Jawa 250cc spare parts catalog here in the below link>>>>

http://rapidshare.com/files/439971967/Jawa_250cc.pdf
Cheers!!
Muthu Kumar .K
Coimbatore
Old 9th January 2011, 17:28   #69
BHPian

2010's last add on to my garage- AREIL Red Hunter NH

Wish all you a fantastic New year !!!
At one point of time ( few months from now) I was bit tired of doing "Basket Jobs", as plenty of my machines( specially that 3 W p') waiting for restoration, thought enjoying ride in a British thump er, at road worthy condition!! & it should be mine
and more then that, if one would have gone through my previous posts in this same thread..... Always my collection idea was not mere Oldies OR simply particular Marques
Always like to have machines with various Technical configurations....

Always I had a eye on the very name " RED HUNTER" & AREIL,

Hence this Areil Red hunter NH - 1957,The previous owner has kept the bike in pretty good shape!!...I couldn't resist laying my hands on this Stock beauty....fixed certain issues>>>
>>>Amal carb ,gear position indicator,brakes, some gear shifting problem, saddle shape etc.,
Now about AREIL Red Hunter NH
Areil's Red Hunter is fondly remembered as one of the most dependable of '50s motor bikes.
Ariel single was a successful & long -lived model that remained in production for a quarter of century !!
Origin of Red hunter were relatively sporty, since 1920' s.....
Areil updated the red Hunter with telescopic instead of girder forks at early '50 s, further
handling improvement came ,with adaption of swing arm chassis,by '56 this bikes styling evolved to include a head lamp nacelle & chromed tank, also engine was updated with an Alloy cylinder head,but this LONG STROKE Hunter still produced only 18bhp ,enough to send it rumbling to just over 70 kmph.
In 1958 Ariel abandoned production of its four stroke roadsters, including the RED HUNTER
& now my RED HUNTER pi
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-1.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-2.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-3.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-4.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-5.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-6.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-7.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-8.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-9.jpg  

Old 9th January 2011, 17:37   #70
BHPian

All about Areil red Hunter NH- MINE ( 1957)

Presenting the technical features of this wonderful machine!!
As most of us aware of....AREIL s were more ahead in technical aspects of other British thumbers of that period , just go through.....

Technical features of this Red Hunter NH

Engine: Vertical O.H.V. 72 x 85 mm.= 347cc. (2.83 x 3.34 = 21.2 cubic inches). Cast iron cylinder and aluminum alloy cylinder head with valve seat inserts.
Crankshaft mounted on three heavy duty roller bearings.
Double row roller big end. Gear drive camshaft Push rod operated overhead valves.
Lubrication: double plunger pump. Chain driven magdyno. Manual ignition control.
Amal 'Monobloc' carburetor with air cleaner.
Frame: Duplex cradle type, fully triangulated, ensuring great rigidity. Swinging arm rear suspension.
Hydraulic damping.
Rubber bushed pivots.
Lugs for sidecar attachment either side.
Stands: easy-lift spring-up central and strong tubular front, also prop stand.
Front Forks: Telescopic with hydraulic damping.
Attractive headlamp hood and fork cover with built-in illuminated instrument panel, containing speedometer, ammeter and lighting switch.
Hubs: Full width light alloy fitted with heavy duty ball bearings front and rear.
Powerful central brakes with non-fade linings. Car type fulcrum adjustment. quickly detachable rear wheel.
Transmission: Four-speed gearbox, foot control. Three-plate dry clutch. Engine shaft shock absorber.( Known as shocker cam commonly
Polished aluminum oil bath primary chain case.
Rear chain fully protected and lubricated{ was not order in most of the Brit bikes of this period}

Petrol Tank: Rubber mounted, enameled and lined with chromium plated motifs. Quick action filler cap.
Mudguards: Wide D section.
Back end of rear guard detachable for easy wheel removal.
& as usual Air inflate-rs
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-9.jpg  

Old 9th January 2011, 23:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

1957-Ariel

Very clean bike sir! Congratulations again. What colours were these available originally?
Old 9th January 2011, 23:17   #72
BANNED

re: Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection

A most amazing collection!! A man with real passion for collecting bikes.

cheers
Old 10th January 2011, 07:55   #73
BHPian

re: Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection

Excellent restoration and a neat bike. I hope you will make this bike to cross 100 KMPH, though its not the matter for a vintage vehicle.

With thanks and regards
Old 10th January 2011, 09:13   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2010's last add on to my garage- AREIL Red Hunter NH

Quote:
Hence this Areil Red hunter NH - 1957,The previous owner has kept the bike in pretty good shape!!...I couldn't resist laying my hands on this Stock beauty....fixed certain issues>>> & now my RED HUNTER pi
That is a very well-maintained bike indeed! I'm atill relatively a novice when it comes to bikes, but I did develop interest in most of the old Brit bikes.
What interested me in the Ariel is the twin 'flute' shaped recesses on the tank, reminds me so of the ones on the Vauxhall bonnets:

Dereham Wedding Cars, Norfolk

Anyway, if its not going , here is a pic. of your truly just posing on what looks like (to me atleast) a similar Ariel that was with a local mechanic.

This bike was in the same colour as yours, later repainted in this colour when it was done up (to be sold.)

The bike was sold on the same day this photo was taken.

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_6331.jpg
Old 11th January 2011, 00:55   #75
BHPian

Re: 1957-Ariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Very clean bike sir! Congratulations again. What colours were these available originally?
Thanks Mole. for the compliments!!
To my best of knowledge, it came in " Crimpson Red" & " Opaque copper dust"
Crimpson red had more blue shade, compared to our famous Brit Cars, Cherry blossom !!
Now comes a similar shade in Dupont, but mettalic though !!

Wish to paint my " Humber sports Bicycle" in that color, if not in a Brave ROBIN HOOD !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks