Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 20:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection

There was a Auto Show 09 organised Coimbatore Motor Part Dealers Association, the entire show was head turner just not by the name but one of our Team-BHPian.

Guess what the show became talk of the town by our Dearest friend Mr.Muthukumar's collection of vintage two wheeler. Though the news paper "The Hindu" posts only a GTS picture, there is a partial information about the bikes he owns have been mentioned in the article itself.

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu / Coimbatore News : Vintage two-wheelers draw many visitors

Hats Off to Muthukumar aka. powertwin(TeamBHP handle)

Last month I had an opportunity to visit his Garage, and I must admit that one should really have so much of knowledge to restore such a vast number of vintage bikes. The kind of enthusiasm and passion about the Vintage bikes with him is something really an inspiration, I was honored just by getting the invitation. Thanks to him for the wonderful opportunity and excellent hospitality during my visit.

The below picture shows myself with Mr.Muthukumar and his collection of bikes.

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc13682.jpg

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-sdc13680.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 21st December 2009 at 20:46.
Old 21st December 2009, 20:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

That was an awsome collection of bikes , please put in more snaps
Old 21st December 2009, 22:14   #3
BHPian

ohhhh yeah, I been to his garage many times.

Great person to have in Team Bhp.

regards
Old 21st December 2009, 22:52   #4
BHPian

Awesome collection !

Could you post some more pics of the Enfield Fury which is in the background in the first pic .
Old 21st December 2009, 23:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Lovely collection powertwin !
The Lambretta on the left has an unusual paint scheme.
Old 21st December 2009, 23:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Muthu,

You are a real preserver of the bikes. Good collection. I would like to visit, if time permits and see your collections. Keep it up. Thumbs up for being a Bhpian.
Old 22nd December 2009, 00:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Heya! Back after a long break on t-bhp!

Had an opportunity to meet up with Mr powertwin at the show, and i must say, he is really a storehouse of a tremendous amount of knowledge. what really impressed me was the condition of all these vehicles, and the reason for choosing each vehicle into his collection. Looking forward to a visit to his garage soon.

meanwhile, here are a few pix of the show from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5907.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5878.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5880.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5881.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5882.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5885.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5887.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5888.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5889.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5892.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 00:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Here is the second set
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5893.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5894.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5896.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5897.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5906.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5905.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5904.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5903.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5902.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-img_5901.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 00:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Heya! Back after a long break on t-bhp!

Had an opportunity to meet up with Mr powertwin at the show, and i must say, he is really a storehouse of a tremendous amount of knowledge. what really impressed me was the condition of all these vehicles, and the reason for choosing each vehicle into his collection. Looking forward to a visit to his garage soon.

meanwhile, here are a few pix of the show from my side.
Welcome back Jay - D
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

@ Jay - D, thanks for the colorful pictures.

Did you manage to get any other features of the autoshow. What is your total experience in the Coimbatore Auto Show.

I have known for years that out of all other places in Tamilnadu, Coimbatore hosts the best of restorers and collectors of Vintage automobiles. I'm eager to know the four wheeler collections from the show.
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
@ Jay - D, thanks for the colorful pictures.

Did you manage to get any other features of the autoshow. What is your total experience in the Coimbatore Auto Show.

I have known for years that out of all other places in Tamilnadu, Coimbatore hosts the best of restorers and collectors of Vintage automobiles. I'm eager to know the four wheeler collections from the show.

Wow wow wow

Those machines look really look good and are well maintained.Good work trammway. Even we would like to see the four wheeler autoshow any idea when is it happeningand where is it hosted?

P.S. did you see any triumph thunderbird there?
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

These vehicles were complete output of our powertwin's hard work. In this Autoshow powertwin is at the helm.
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:34   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome!! I've seen pics. of most of MK's wheels in the B&Qrestgarage blog. Does he still have the LD he is posing with in the poster? Any pics. of that as well?
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

A very nice display of Muthukumars collection. From his posts one could see that he goes deep into details, and that can be seen on the bikes. Keep it up!

Cheers harit
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:34   #15
BHPian

The blue colored SUVEGA looks awesome...who is the owner of that masterpiece ??
The Furry also looks solid.
@ Siva & JayD,
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks