Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 11:56   #31
BHPian

Welcome Sir,

I saw you and your article in auto mags only. I am very very glad to see you in team-BHP. Now we can directly put our query to you sir. I am sure we all will benefit from your vast experience and knowledge.

Regards
KALINGA
Old 9th January 2010, 12:28   #32
BHPian

Many thanks for all those aplauses I hope to continue doing such like work & will keep all you enthu's well engrossed with some nice resotrations photos. Cheers have a blasting new year, enjoy life as hard as you Work.
tutu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2010, 13:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
That is the mini . Didnt know that maruti had any reseblance to this. Can anyone post the pictures of the "original" maruti please? Did it look like the cooper?
The 'Maruti's brought by late Sanjay Gandgi were on display at the Haryana Pavillion in the ASIA 72 exhibition at New Delhi. I remember seeing three cars there. I remember a photo feature on these cars in Debonair Magazine a copy I kept for long and lost during these long years. If some Bhpians have the mag it may be possible to get a glance.
Old 9th January 2010, 13:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
I think know something about the aravind car.
It was made by Aravind automobiles Thiruvananthapuram in 1983 with a Jeep engine and was red coloured for one famous Dr.Nair.
I remember seeing the car a few years ago in a petrol pump when I came to the city. Thiruvananthapuram Bhpians why dont you guys find out where this car has gone.
I have seen two aravind cars many a times. There was a workshop named Aravind Automobiles at Power House Road at Trivandrum (now Thiruvananthapram) where the present Parthas Textiles is located. The owner's son was senior to me in the local Engineering College. He was using one of the cars on a regular basis. That had a Fiat 1100 engine and was KLR regustered with a badging "Engineered by Aravind Automobiles". His father had presented one such car to the Royal Family of Travancore erstwhile rulers of the princely state of Travancore. vow bringing me nostalgic moments.
Old 9th January 2010, 17:50   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I have seen two aravind cars many a times.
His father had presented one such car to the Royal Family of Travancore erstwhile rulers of the princely state of Travancore. vow bringing me nostalgic moments.
Any chance of getting pics. of this car? I have only seen one of the front view. 'had lots of "bling" on!
Old 9th January 2010, 18:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP Mr. Dhawan. Sir it indeed is a delightful pleasure for us to have you on board.
Old 9th January 2010, 18:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidharth 72 View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! guy's the Austin Healey is stunning, as other cars. This is the second Healey I have seen in such a pristine condition, the other one is in Jaipur.
This is the same one that is now in Jaipur

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Welcome to Team BHP Mr. Dhawan. Sir it indeed is a delightful pleasure for us to have you on board.
thank you buddy hope to be of some informative use somewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Thank you will try & be informative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Team BHP is honoured by your presence, sir! Welcome aboard, and thanks for letting us have a sneak peak at "behind the curtains" of your work! Eagerly expecting a lot more!!
Thank you will load some more pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Welcome Sir,

I saw you and your article in auto mags only. I am very very glad to see you in team-BHP. Now we can directly put our query to you sir. I am sure we all will benefit from your vast experience and knowledge.

Regards
KALINGA
Thank you Kalinga yes sure do fire any question I will tyr answering correctly!!

Last edited by ajmat : 9th January 2010 at 19:51.
Old 9th January 2010, 20:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Pics of an MG done up by Mr. Dhawan
Does it belong to some Maharaja ? i remember seeing a Similar MG parked in a palace. And it had a sign nearby reading 'MG Parking only'.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd February 2010 at 12:53. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:27   #39
BHPian

Very nice restorations, at long last looks my search has ended. The wait has been painfully long. Am hanging on to my beetle just to hand it over to some one who an give me stuff like this.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd February 2010 at 12:54. Reason: Please always use spaces after punctuation marks as it greatly eases readability. Thanks.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:41   #40
Senior - BHPian

Lovely thread, and great to have Mr. Tutu Dhawan on the forum.
Guys, the latest issue of the Business Standard Motoring has a nice article on Mr. Dhawan's Morgan.
Beautiful car, great work.
Old 5th February 2010, 14:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Lovely thread, and great to have Mr. Tutu Dhawan on the forum.
Guys, the latest issue of the Business Standard Motoring has a nice article on Mr. Dhawan's Morgan.
Beautiful car, great work.

That's great.Can you please scan a copy of the article and put it up here?
Old 20th January 2012, 13:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tutu Dhawan's Garage

Great to know this side of Tutu. Had always known as a expert auto comentator and a popular agony aunt in one of the Hindi TV shows but his restoration work is awesome. Those Jags are just so beautiful. Hats off to you sir!
Looks like Tutu is not an active member of the forum anymore with no activity or postings.
Old 12th March 2013, 16:28   #43

Who is the second person Mr Dhabhar?
Old 21st March 2013, 07:05   #44
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

A pic of Mr.Tutu Dhawan's Morgan and MG.
Attached Thumbnails
Tutu Dhawan's Garage-dsc04356.jpg  

Old 21st March 2013, 10:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
A pic of Mr.Tutu Dhawan's Morgan and MG.
Could you tell us some more about this Morgan, please? Also about the Austin Classic sports in Calcutta you've posted in the other thread? Years of manufacture, specs, etc. These must be really rare cars.
Prabal is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks