Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 02:49   #46
BHPian

Are you sure it's an Eldorado? Looks like a Fleetwood Formal to me. Eldorados from 1967 up were 2 door front wheel drive.
Old 14th January 2010, 11:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
More of this rare kind of El Dorado in India:
This Cadillac is a 7 seater Limo with a body by Fleetwood. It requires some TLC, the headlight surrounds are missing, and if I remember screen is cracked.
Here is another Delhi Caddy which I like. Seen at a Statesman rally in the 1990's.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Cadillacs in India-caddy-1.jpg  

Cadillacs in India-caddy-2.jpg  

Old 14th January 2010, 20:31   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCarConsulting View Post
Are you sure it's an Eldorado? Looks like a Fleetwood Formal to me. Eldorados from 1967 up were 2 door front wheel drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This Cadillac is a 7 seater Limo with a body by Fleetwood. It requires some TLC, the headlight surrounds are missing, and if I remember screen is cracked.
Here is another Delhi Caddy which I like. Seen at a Statesman rally in the 1990's.

Cheers harit
Thats correctly a Fleetwood and not an El Dorado!
@harit the one you have uploaded is a classic. In Godfather, there are many Cadillacs of the 1940's shown but don't remember having seen this kind. Which model name has been given to this one?
Old 14th January 2010, 22:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers harit
OOOOPs, thankfully no one noticed. Body by Fleetwood? Body by Fischer, model called Fleetwood.

@Anjan, I am not sure Caddys had mainly numbers, then they had monograms indicating the type of engine like V8, V12, later they had names, Biarritz, Eldorado etc. I think no real amount of cars were produced between 1942/43 & 1945 because of the war.

Cheers harit
Old 15th January 2010, 10:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Here is another caddy not seen for long, but she certainly survives in a collection near Mumbai. Hope to see on the road soon.

Cheers harit

P.S. This is ex-Oberoi
Attached Thumbnails
Cadillacs in India-caddy-3.jpg  

Old 15th January 2010, 19:35   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here is another caddy not seen for long, but she certainly survives in a collection near Mumbai. Hope to see on the road soon.

Cheers harit

P.S. This is ex-Oberoi
The gorgeous tail fins of this Caddy were one of the most talked about and this was one with the automobile designers having a field day in the late 1950's.
But harit maybe this Caddy is in your garage. I am sure you will not reveal that!
Old 15th January 2010, 22:24   #52
BHPian

Quote:
The gorgeous tail fins of this Caddy were one of the most talked about and this was one with the automobile designers having a field day in the late 1950's.
But harit maybe this Caddy is in your garage. I am sure you will not reveal that!
This one is actually a 1960, when the fins started their reduction in size until eventually they were pretty much gone by around 67.
Old 15th January 2010, 23:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers harit

P.S. This is ex-Oberoi
Quote:
Sorry Sherlok, but I am based in Mumbai, not near Mumbai. In fact the owner is another bhpian, and he can reveal himself if he desires.

Cheers harit
Old 16th January 2010, 00:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Sherlok, but I am based in Mumbai, not near Mumbai. In fact the owner is another bhpian, and he can reveal himself if he desires.

Cheers harit

Why don't you reveal it ?What about revealing your own cars sir for everyone else to see?
Old 16th January 2010, 01:03   #55
BHPian

Harit Sir,

We have seen your cars in different threads , would be amazing to see them line up together .

pls do it for for us !
Old 16th January 2010, 11:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Why don't you reveal it ?What about revealing your own cars sir for everyone else to see?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Harit Sir,
We have seen your cars in different threads , would be amazing to see them line up together .
pls do it for for us !
Ha Ha Ha ! Now don't say I'm the only one harassing you for a thread on your cars !!
Old 16th January 2010, 12:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Reveal what? The name of the owner? Let him only do that himself, if he wants to. Whatever I post is true to the best of my knowledge, I will not say that my stuff is someone elses. But sometimes I may be vague. That 1960 Caddy is NOT mine, compre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Harit Sir,
We have seen your cars in different threads , would be amazing to see them line up together.
pls do it for for us !
My cars, which are working are seen and posted often enough. It is those cars which are dismantled, spread around that cannot be lined up. At one VCCCI event I had entered 9 vehicles. As cars get done they will come on this site, once done some pictures of restoration can come up.

All this was OT, now back to Cadillac's. Here is a car seen at a Statesman Rally in Delhi again in 1990's. She must be still around.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Cadillacs in India-caddy-4.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp Caddy 5.bmp (1,001.9 KB, 318 views)

Last edited by harit : 16th January 2010 at 13:09.
Old 16th January 2010, 13:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reveal what? The name of the owner? Let him only do that himself, if he wants to. Whatever I post is true to the best of my knowledge, I will not say that my stuff is someone elses. But sometimes I may be vague. That 1960 Caddy is NOT mine, compre?

My cars, which are working are seen and posted often enough. It is those cars which are dismantled, spread around that cannot be lined up. At one VCCCI event I had entered 9 vehicles. As cars get done they will come on this site, once done some pictures of restoration can come up.

All this was OT, now back to Cadillac's. Here is a car seen at a Staesman Rally in Delhi again in 1990's. She must be still around.

Cheers harit
Harit, Whats the situation with the Caddy of Morvi's standing at their Pune house? I had seen her 4 years back when some mechanical work was started on her. Is she standing as is or complete? Their Desoto '54 had an electric top!
Old 16th January 2010, 14:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Harit, Whats the situation with the Caddy of Morvi's standing at their Pune house? I had seen her 4 years back when some mechanical work was started on her. Is she standing as is or complete? Their Desoto '54 had an electric top!
My guess is thet they are as is where is, no change. Though some folks tried to make some deal, it did not happen.
The DeSoto may have had an electric top, but when I saw her standing at the rear of the premises some parts were removed, like the radiator.
There was a 1958 Chevy too, that car is now in Vashi, in yellow.

Cheers harit

If you see the above two posts, Scooby quoted me with a spelling error in the word "Statesman". I did edit that, but not fast enough!

Last edited by harit : 16th January 2010 at 14:19.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:56   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cheers harit
Thanks harit.Can only hope that someday, maybe a few weeks/months but not years from now, we on popular demand or rather request,may have a very exclusive thread here giving us a sneak peek at your collection.

Most Viewed